[GT S7582] [CWM] [Stock Recovery] S Duos 2 GT S7582

Search This thread

Amosthecoolboy

Oct 18, 2013
India
why will flashing rr damage my fone? Its made for grand only dude...

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

or I could ask someone for some screenshot with cpuz ...cuz im on stock touchwiz right now

CPUz will provide me some information like grand/ grand duos uses 803 mb ram, how much internal memory is available to me

Sent from my GT-S7582 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rohit4me

Jun 11, 2013
gaya
Cm11 for s duos 7582

how to modify cm11 of galaxy i9082 to flash in s duos 7582... i have s duos 7582 and i want to flash cm11 .. but it shows message "your device is kyleprod" please help to test this rom.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

how to mode this rom for kyleprod to flash in s duos 7582... i want flash this rom as a tester with you... so please help me to modify it to flash... i think if it not work then it only softbrick my device not hard brick... hard brick is only happen when wrong file flash via odin...

Rohit4me

Jun 11, 2013
gaya
custom rom for s duos 2 7582

I have just created custom rom for s duos 7582
but its not wipe enabled for system and data... so plz help me to make it wipe enabled... then i will upload it.. its only of 198 mb size (deodex and rooted)...

Amosthecoolboy

Oct 18, 2013
India
7582 is not s duos

I have just created custom rom for s duos 7582
but its not wipe enabled for system and data... so plz help me to make it wipe enabled... then i will upload it.. its only of 198 mb size (deodex and rooted)...

I want to drag your attention about the model GT S7582 that is s duos 2. but you are using s duos GT S7562

Last edited:

Amosthecoolboy

Oct 18, 2013
India
Original Dev Project for GT S7582 KitKat

As i have noticed that Grand Duos uses the same BCM 28145/28155 Chipset that the S Duos 2 does. The only difference between S DUOS 2 and Grand Duos is 1 GB RAM and 8 GB Internal
Other :- 5" display over 4" but same 480x800 px display
Same 1.2GHz Dual Core Cortex A9 .

And the cyanogenmod has already ported CM11 to Grand duos but we want CM11 (Kitkat) on S Duos 2 too
But i think that the ROM will work on S Duos 2 but can't confirm as i've not tried it yet..
I am sure that it will work after minor adjustments to the ROM.

Anybody want's to be a tester along with me?

[Post Update : 22/04/2014]
Here is the link to download the Grand Duos ROM cm11 build: http://hugefiles.net/szvnhbchx4xr

I have found that the Grand Duos uses capri board and product name as baffinvj

I will optimize the rom to run it on Board Hawaii and product kyleprods which is GT S7582, But i a kind of noob so it will take time to do so...

Follow the Dev Project regarding KitKat on GT S7582 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727010

diskie

Sep 14, 2012
As i have noticed that Grand Duos uses the same BCM 28145/28155 Chipset that the S Duos 2 does. The only difference between S DUOS 2 and Grand Duos is 1 GB RAM and 8 GB Internal
Other :- 5" display over 4" but same 480x800 px display
Same 1.2GHz Dual Core Cortex A9 .

And the cyanogenmod has already ported CM11 to Grand duos but we want CM11 (Kitkat) on S Duos 2 too
But i think that the ROM will work on S Duos 2 but can't confirm as i've not tried it yet..
I am sure that it will work after minor adjustments to the ROM.

Anybody want's to be a tester along with me?

[Post Update : 22/04/2014]
Here is the link to download the Grand Duos ROM cm11 build: http://hugefiles.net/szvnhbchx4xr

I have found that the Grand Duos uses capri board and product name as baffinvj

I will optimize the rom to run it on Board Hawaii and product kyleprods which is GT S7582, But i a kind of noob so it will take time to do so...

what kernel are you using bro? stock or the kernel included on the cm11 package? i tried flashing the kernels from grand but it doesnt boot. i also tried compiling kernel from our source(kyleprods) but i dont know why it doesnt boot. i successfully compiled zImage. maybe the problem is on the ramdisk. i really dont know because this is my first time compiling. maybe if you can start from scratch, i mean from compiling stock kernel and it can successfully boot stock rom, then after that, add patches that can make it boot kitkat/cm11.

Amosthecoolboy

Oct 18, 2013
India
what kernel are you using bro? stock or the kernel included on the cm11 package? i tried flashing the kernels from grand but it doesnt boot. i also tried compiling kernel from our source(kyleprods) but i dont know why it doesnt boot. i successfully compiled zImage. maybe the problem is on the ramdisk. i really dont know because this is my first time compiling. maybe if you can start from scratch, i mean from compiling stock kernel and it can successfully boot stock rom, then after that, add patches that can make it boot kitkat/cm11.

first to say something, you MAY not Quote the OP, just simply use the reply function..

i am using the kernel in the cm11 package.

and this is kyleprodsxx device (GT S7582)

diskie

Sep 14, 2012
my bad for quoting. kernel in the package? i think that will not boot because the kernel in that package is used for galaxy grand, and we cannot boot using that kernel if im not wrong. i tried almost every kernel on galaxy grand on our device, and i failed to boot. even those kernel that are used for 4.2. can you try to compile kernel from source? see if you can compile. i tried compiling from source without any tweaks but i failed to boot.

Amosthecoolboy

Oct 18, 2013
India
my bad for quoting. kernel in the package? i think that will not boot because the kernel in that package is used for galaxy grand, and we cannot boot using that kernel if im not wrong. i tried almost every kernel on galaxy grand on our device, and i failed to boot. even those kernel that are used for 4.2. can you try to compile kernel from source? see if you can compile. i tried compiling from source without any tweaks but i failed to boot.

Are you using S Duos 2 GT S7582 ?
Try using the S Duos 2 kernel or let me upload it for you

diskie

Sep 14, 2012
im using s duos 2. im using stock kernel but if im compiling from source and using the stock ramdisk from boot.img, i cant boot.

tanmayj99

Oct 17, 2013
Mumbai
I tried flashing, but didn't get entirely bricked. Got it working by flashing stock rom through odin. For one thing, I've noticed the mount points aren't the same for both phones.

Sent from my GT-S7582 using XDA Free mobile app

Amosthecoolboy

Oct 18, 2013
India
I tried flashing, but didn't get entirely bricked. Got it working by flashing stock rom through odin. For one thing, I've noticed the mount points aren't the same for both phones.

Sent from my GT-S7582 using XDA Free mobile app

Oh thats good, which phone's mount point differs?

Top Liked Posts