Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola XPRT

Tip us?
 
processorsaurus
Old
#231  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 66
Join Date: Apr 2011
Cool cool, thank you im glad to know that

Sent from my XPRT using Tapatalk
 
tcaudill01
Old
#232  
Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 61
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Haleyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by papertrader View Post
There are whispers about CM7 being successfully installed on the XPRT. Has anyone attempted this?
I am very interested in this but can't seem to find any information. If you read about this somewhere, can you please share the link so I can follow up on it?

thanks.
Sprint Samsung Prevail, Epic 4G, LG Marquee and Motorola XPRT
AT&T LG NitroHD
 
cuti72
Old
#233  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default Motorola xprt lost ringing sound

Hello all you guys,
I have a brand new unlock motorola xprt, I using it with GSM carrier for nearly 2 weeks but now my phone lost all ringing tone,notification sound, music.... I can make and receive call normally except no ringing sounds when someone call me.
I have done something like factory reset, flash stock sbf... but nothing changed.
If anyone have the same problem and has fixed it, please show me how ?
Many thanks for your helps and advices,

Sorry if I have post this issue at wrong place !
 
26kick
Old
#234  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default Case for XPRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkc0123 View Post
I got a case off of ebay: Motorola Droid Pro Gummy Case Smoke w/Checker Design, for $3.89 that fits and looks great on my XPRT. No modifications needed. Even has a cut-out for the second mic.
(from this seller myworld.ebay.com/wholesalegallery818/?_trksid=p4340.l2559)
I give this case 2 thumbs up! If you don't have a case, or need to freshen up, this one is a no brainer. Easily worth double or triple the price, and free shipping.
 
Xsader
Old
#235  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuti72 View Post
Hello all you guys,
I have a brand new unlock motorola xprt, I using it with GSM carrier for nearly 2 weeks but now my phone lost all ringing tone,notification sound, music.... I can make and receive call normally except no ringing sounds when someone call me.
I have done something like factory reset, flash stock sbf... but nothing changed.
If anyone have the same problem and has fixed it, please show me how ?
Many thanks for your helps and advices,

Sorry if I have post this issue at wrong place !
I have a similar issue, I have started a topic yesterday. My ringtone is OK but it's always the default no matter which ringtone I choose, it's going back to the default dringdring. The other notifications are OK, the alarm as well.

I tried factory reset, copy ringtone to the phone memory, SBF upgrade to Gingerbread, even installed a 3rd party ringtone app... nothing.

The last resort I'm about to try today is to format the SD card. I'll let you know.

Mark
 
cuti72
Old
#236  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsader View Post
I have a similar issue, I have started a topic yesterday. My ringtone is OK but it's always the default no matter which ringtone I choose, it's going back to the default dringdring. The other notifications are OK, the alarm as well.

I tried factory reset, copy ringtone to the phone memory, SBF upgrade to Gingerbread, even installed a 3rd party ringtone app... nothing.

The last resort I'm about to try today is to format the SD card. I'll let you know.

Mark
Thanks Mark,

You said that you have upgrade sbf to Gingerbread ? can you give me the link or show me where to get sbf 2.3 ? Since now I have only sbf 2.2

Cuti
 
bytebrahma
Old
(Last edited by bytebrahma; 18th April 2012 at 02:26 PM.)
#237  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 84
Join Date: Nov 2011
Question Factory reset done outside US. Stuck in searching for Sprint! Any clues?

I have the XPRT purchased in US but started using in India without activating meaning I do not have a sprint number.

Recently i did a factory reset oblivious of the fact it would rest to a "perfect" factory condition. Now my XPRT while booting, gets stuck searching for Sprint network which of course is not in India. Either I can only power off or let it die searching. No option is shown for Airplane mode. Motorola/Sprint says atleast once it should get Sprint network for me to see that Airplane mode option.

As I do not have a Sprint number, they are not able to help. Neither Motorola.

Any workaround to crack in and surpass this network loop? Is this what is the carrier unlock? If so anyone have tried this on XPRT?

Unable to Set the "USB development" mode, through USB cable I am not able to attach/debug my XPRT with Android debugger as well.

Thanks,
Rao.
 
nimigeanu
Old
#238  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytebrahma View Post
I have the XPRT purchased in US but started using in India without activating meaning I do not have a sprint number.

Recently i did a factory reset oblivious of the fact it would rest to a "perfect" factory condition. Now my XPRT while booting, gets stuck searching for Sprint network which of course is not in India. Either I can only power off or let it die searching. No option is shown for Airplane mode. Motorola/Sprint says atleast once it should get Sprint network for me to see that Airplane mode option.

As I do not have a Sprint number, they are not able to help. Neither Motorola.

Any workaround to crack in and surpass this network loop? Is this what is the carrier unlock? If so anyone have tried this on XPRT?

Unable to Set the "USB development" mode, through USB cable I am not able to attach/debug my XPRT with Android debugger as well.

Thanks,
Rao.
Wait some 4-5 minutes. The sprint search loop will end in an error and you will have access to the settings, including usb debugging.
Next root and uninstall everything named "sprint", you'll have a perfectly working gsm phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to nimigeanu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
processorsaurus
Old
(Last edited by processorsaurus; 18th April 2012 at 06:32 PM.)
#239  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 66
Join Date: Apr 2011
I got a case off of ebay: Motorola Droid Pro Gummy Case Smoke w/Checker Design, for $3.89 that fits and looks great on my XPRT. No modifications needed. Even has a cut-out for the second mic. (from this seller myworld.ebay.com/wholesalegallery818/?_trksid=p4340.l2559)

I give this case 2 thumbs up! If you don't have a case, or need to freshen up, this one is a no brainer. Easily worth double or triple the price, and free shipping.



Which did you get? I didn't see any MB612 fits.
 
bytebrahma
Old
#240  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 84
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimigeanu View Post
Wait some 4-5 minutes. The sprint search loop will end in an error and you will have access to the settings, including usb debugging.
Next root and uninstall everything named "sprint", you'll have a perfectly working gsm phone.
Thanks for the reply...

No luck! I tried the same and after 5 minutes it would show an error. But unable to bring up any menu to configure anything.....except for the notification bar(which is useless though). have you got luck in this??

BTW, only thing is when I connect an USB, I can choose the USB connection(motorola portal/storage/Charge only etc..)....I explored enough there too...but useless!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes