[APP] Storage Analyser V0.9.8.

Search This thread

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
Small update.
Please find the changes at the first post.... And use the new menu entry :p

@axpira: Its already on the ToDo list ;) ... but for later...

Bye
Lars

Reactions: axpira

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
Version 0.5.2 is online.
Small but important bug fix.

Find the changes as usual at the first post.

Bye
Lars

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
New bug fix release is live.
Please find the changes at the first post of this thread.

Bye
Lars

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
Hi guys.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm currently busy with some more private projects (i.e. preparing my home for the arrival of my second child).

You can also follow and contact me on Twitter... http://twitter.com/#!/LeveloKment

Bye
Lars

Last edited:

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
After a long pause (caused by the birth of my second son :D) I did found the time to build a small update.
The memory watchdog that I have introduced with this version is mainly important for devices with a limited amount of heap memory.
Storage Analyser is holding the collected information in memory to have an acceptable performance. The disadvantage of this solution is appearing on systems that have a lot (really a lot! we are talking about more than 15.000 files!) of files on their external storage, but do have limited amount of heap memory (just 16MB on older devices).
Now the data collection stops before to it is running out of memory. Hopefully this will give those users the chance to understand in which folder they have that many files.

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
There was a nasty bug introduce with the 0.5.4 version that was forcing the app to close each time when you change the orientation of your device. (on devices >= Android 3.2 only).

It is fixed in version 0.5.5.

Reactions: HereAsWell

HereAsWell

Oct 26, 2010
I really like app. From my point of view it is the best tool for this propose.
But I miss a feature. I would like to see how old the files are, but your tool is only showing the size not the date.

Thanks for the tool.

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
Thanks for the feedback.

I really like app. From my point of view it is the best tool for this propose.
But I miss a feature. I would like to see how old the files are, but your tool is only showing the size not the date.

Thanks for the tool.

This will be part of the next update. Unfortunately it requires a lot of work, because there is no room on the ActionBar (at least when used on a phone) for an additional button. If have to build a nice menu and replace the currently available 3 sort buttons by one that is opening a menu... (I have already a prototype running...)

Thanks this is handy

Wow! i didn't know the few of the Gameloft games were already eating up 6 GB of space LOL :D

Yep. That is one of the main actors ... especially older titles throw their data directly into a folder called "Gameloft" in the root of your "sdcard". This folder is not handled during the removal of the game and will remain as long as you remove them manually.

New titles seem to do it right by using the API that is indented for such propose. In result the data is then located in the "Android/data/<package name>" folder which is handled by the OS during removal of the application.

bye
Lars

Reactions: HereAsWell

HereAsWell

Oct 26, 2010
Wow. Great progress. Thanks for the sort by date option. It was the only thing that was missing before.

The new UI elements are nice as well. Maybe you should update the screenshots at the first thread?

Reactions: LeveloKment

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Feature Request

diskusage http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1028393

is able to show root / level space usage like /data and /cache, etc

would it be possible to make Storage Analyzer able to display root / level usage as well?

to prevent out of memory issue perhaps make it exclude /sdcard/ when showing / root level stuff

probably 3 pick choices:

• root & internal applications /
  • internal storage /sdcard/
  • external sd card /sdcard/external_sd/

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
would it be possible to make Storage Analyzer able to display root / level usage as well?

to prevent out of memory issue perhaps make it exclude /sdcard/ when showing / root level stuff

Thanks for your suggestions. It is already on my Todo list.

What I have in mind is a selection of all meaningful partitions (System, Data, Cache, SDCard, Ext. SDCard).
This should also allow to show a gauge of the usage for each partition.

I will need some help from the community for this I guess, because it seems that the mount command and the partition names (system, eMMC etc.) currently not harmonized. I fear that I break the functionality of the tool when I switch to this approach.
But it makes more sense to me as a simple "root" level availability, what do you think?

I have added this information to the first post of this thread.

glennk

Aug 9, 2010
Damn, I didn't think my apps were so keen on saving stuff on SD-card. Are there not any guidelines to foldering the application data in the development guide for android.

Great app!

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
Here is a small teaser for the next version... watch this space for a BETA version (to be released soon): :eek:

SC20120115-192552.png

Small things to do before I'm able to release the beta. A progressbar in the button statusbar showing how many data is used etc. i.e.

Bye

Last edited:

LeveloKment

Mar 31, 2011
As promised:

Version 0.9.0 Beta 1:
● New, more modern, more Android 4.0 like look.
● All storage areas (i.e. internal and external sdcards) are now handled separately.
● Support for all kind of USB storage devices (as long as supported by the os).
● BETA: support for system partitions (disabled by default).
● /sdcard/Android/data does now show a folder icon your each installed application. This helps to find content of already removed apps.
● Many bug fixes.
Download: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/116580417241372596615/116580417241372596615/posts/EzjdP1h3Lqg Don't forget to circle me, If you interested I can drop private Betas for special G+ circles in the future so you don't have to wait so long for new versions ;)

The link is also in the first thread.

Please give me some feedback especially on the point I've mentioned if you follow the link!

HereAsWell

Oct 26, 2010
Wow. I did just find some time to test the Beta version. This is a great improvement from the last version.
Especially the selection of the "drives" is perfect. I attached a Usb stick to my SGS2 just to test it. It was directly detected and working. From my point of view it is flawless and should be good enough for a Market release.

Reactions: LeveloKment

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Market_Promo_640.png

Download...
    (Beta Downloads: http://goo.gl/okq2Yhttp://goo.gl/x422k)

Hello XDA community.

I would like to show you my new project Storage Analyser and maintain here a feedback and support channel for the XDA community.

Storage Analyser can:
    • Analyses Sdcard, external Sdcards, USB storage devices, system partitions (disabled by default)...
    • Order the content by size, the amount of files, the date or just the name
    • See the space used by applications using App2SD (.android_secure folder).
    • Include or exclude folder from the mediascan of the Android Gallery.
    • Filter out the content you are aware of to make the rest more pregnant.
    • Delete no longer necessary data directly from the app. No need for external file managers.
    • Real tablet support.
    • Allows several columns depending on the screen size.
    • Shows which already removed application left over some data in /sdcard/Android/data/ and /data/data
    It supports all Android 2.1 devices and above.

I have a lot of ideas to extend and improve this app in the future but if you have an improvement suggestion, please don’t hesitate to give me your ideas.

Here is the direct link to the app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.levelokment.storageanalyser

I plan to use this thread here to provide beta versions to the community before I will integrate them to the Market.

If you like you can follow me on Google+
    I will drop private Betas for special G+ circles in the future for people that or interested to help to test versions with bigger/major changes.

Or on Twitter:

ChangeLog:

Version 0.9.8:
    ● Fix the missing additional row content (size, item count, percentage etc.) on Jelly Bean devices (Android 4.1).
    ● Added the external sdcard mointpoint of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (/mnt/extSdCard) to the known partition list.
    ● Clicking on an item image (file or folder) will now select the item the same way as the checkboxes.

Version 0.9.7:
    ● Fix for the Galaxy Nexus using the leaked Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) Rom to show the sdcard without the need to enable the "Show system partitions" option.

Version 0.9.6:
    ● Better detection for additional external sdcards on some devices.
    If your still have partitions which are just visible with the "Show system partitions" option but should be handled as a basic partition from your point of view, please contact me.​
    ● A lot of smaller corrections and enhancements.

Version 0.9.5:
    ● Copy and Move function are available now! (On all non system partitions).
    ● Emmc partitions (like present Cyanogen Rom's) are correctly handled as SdCard's now.
    ● Fixed another bug that could prevent the context menu to open on some devices. If you still have problems to open the context menu (via a long click) please help by providing log files! (Just contact me for details)
    ● Several minor bug fixes.

Version 0.9.4:
    ● Fixed a bug that was preventing the context menu to open on some devices.
    ● Delete function is now working properly on emmc partitions (like Cyanogen Rom's).
    ● Fixed the detection of the .android_secure folder on some devices.
    ● Preferences do use fragments on devices with Android 3.x and higher.

Version 0.9.3:
    ● Fixed a bug leading to wrong calculated values after a folder was filtered or unfiltered.
    ● A light theme (selectable in the preferences).

Here are some Screenshots:
    Tablets:
    tablet_640.png

Phones:
    phone1_small.png
    phone1_small_light.png

phone2_small.png
    phone3_small.png

phone4_small.png

Best regards
    Lars
    New Update available...

Please check the first post of this thread to see the changeLog. (no improvment for your problem Ippon ;) ... at least not now ...)

Bye
    Lars
    and about suggestion2 what you can tell me?
    i've verified and app doesn't do what i ask. :D
    You're right ;)
    The implementation will be quite challenging... But it is for sure a good idea... It will put it on my list... but with low priority ;)

ps
    i found your app on the market some time ago (approximately version 0.8) and this page only today...
    i'm here to help you: is the only thing i do to thaks you for this big app without ads! :cool:
    You're welcome ;)
    I personally don't like ad supported apps. So Storage Analyser will definitively not going that way. Maybe I provide an InApp Donation option in a later version to make it easy for people the show their thankfulness ... But it will be just an option.
    Version 0.9.8 can new be found at the Play Store. Check the first post of this thread for details...