[ROM] CyanogenMod 9.1.0 marvel/marvelc ALPHA9 [UPDATE: 2012-11-06]

Search This thread

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
Sorry if I'm pushing an old thread, but I have recently built CM9 and thought I'd share it with you.

Changes:
- Camcorder works; the recorded videos are OK (courtesy of modpunk and WinSuk)
- new OWL predator kernel by JDevs
- built using some androidarmv6 repos (branch: ics-plus)
- odexed

I'd call/consider this a beta. :)

DOWNLOAD

EDIT: New build is up. Odexed for better performance...

Gesendet von meinem Xperia S mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
Sorry if I'm pushing an old thread, but I have recently built CM9 and thought I'd share it with you.

Changes:

DOWNLOAD

Instead of pushing an old thread, you could have created a newer one. I could test it but I don't feel like flashing anything lower than Kitkat :D

modpunk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10

Changes:

DOWNLOAD

Thanks for doing that!

Reactions: cahiri0 and Abyt

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011

Abyt

May 17, 2014
Can't thank you enough for updating this rom!
Have to say that this is the best stock rom I have ever tested :D, thanks again!

davidmeyis

Dec 7, 2011
Córdoba
Nah, creating a thread because of 3 changes (which weren't even done by me) is unnecessary... :p
I have already tested it and if you come from KitKat, you'll notice how fast ICS actually is on our device... :D

It sounds really good!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

EDIT: After a day of use I must say that it works just as fast and stable (or better) than CM7 (keyboard, camera, multitasking ....) with the advantage of runs 4.0.4 and being able to install Greenify ... Only the browser runs slow (solved with "Opera Mini") and video recording is not as good, but good records (perhaps with another application works best) .... I've 1 gb ext4 and S2E,install the latest gapps for ICS (2012-04-29), but I read that they can have drinking problems, If the battery drain is good ... it is!!

Last edited:

antxon16

Jul 7, 2012
Hello Oliver

I have tried this ROM for curiosity . It goes very well, though I am having problems with SUPERUSER.

It is like if it is not working properly, and denies permissions, like if it failed with GAINING ROOT ACCESS. Never had this problem with other ROMS

Do you know why it can be?

Thanks

Last edited:

-bit

Jul 16, 2014

Falk2

Jun 11, 2011
Karlsruhe
Hi,

I am really full of compliments about the good work of some guys that have done a good job in building the actual CyanogenMod versions for Wildfire S.
Thank you sooo much!!

But what I currently do not completly understand...
Why are most of the CM users really happy about version 10.2 or version 11.0 (like orig. CyanogenMod or WFSY) when those versions - last version of CM 9.2.2 included - do not even have GooglePlay/PlayStore and Data2SD (or Link2SD) installed?...

The last (and obviously most advanced CM version) CM9 (alpha9, v.9.2.2) would already be a wonderful solution for the WFS phone (I tested it!!) and it is said to be nearly finished (even video camera is working now at the version of Olivier) BUT both mentioned, absolutly necessary components are missing (and nobody mentioned it yet). Or what can I do with a phone where I cannot install new apps at all?..
So what is it that I misunderstand?...

I would be very happy if anybody could inform me about how I can find a version that has a complete set of system apps or how/where I can find both missing components to complete them by myself. (and even more happy if the cyanogenmod update function/option would still find some updates)
Otherwise I would guess that not any of the existing CM-based versions for Wildfire S can be used at all...

Should all the past work for creating a CM version (Android 4.x !!) for the (unfortunately!) one and only COMPACT smartphone on the world, 'Wildfire S' (I must admit, it is in fact!!) should have been completly in vain ???... I couldn't believe it.

Thank you guys very much for your nice explanations!

All the best to this wonderful community,
from Falk

AFN

Jul 4, 2013

Changes:
- odexed

DOWNLOAD

EDIT: New build is up. Odexed for better performance...

If you really don't want to make a thread, I could make it for you.
I'll test the ROM take screenshots and then if you accept, I could make a nice thread and you can contact me whenever you update the ROM.
With kind regards

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

evildog1

May 2, 2012
i'm using this rom right now but a big problem is my phone use roaming even i'm in local country. and i can't switch network operator.

EDIT: roaming bug is fixed

Last edited:

evildog1

May 2, 2012
sadly this rom is discontinued. i use my old phone as Wi-Fi hotspot but a problem is i got Roaming bug again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    header_transparent_alpha.png

Preamble

I've been working on a CM9 port for the HTC Wildfire S since January 2012. After 5 month of work this is the first ALPHA release of the ROM. Neither CM9 is stable yet nor the HTC Wildfire S (Marvel) port is complete. Most of the features are working but it still needs bugfixing and polishing. We would like to improve the code and get as much as possible upstream.

I have to thank alquez who ported CM7 for the HTC Wildfire S. His work was a good starting point for CM9. Also thanks to Tobias Droste who was working with me on this ROM. Tobias we finally made it!
    I also have to thank WinSuk and s0be working on CM9 for the Liberty. We worked together with those guys to get CM9 going. We will continue our collaboration in future.

Information

This ROM has been developed on a HTC Wildfire S A510e (European version). I suggest to use baseband version 47.23a.35.3035H_7.53.39.03M or newer. Others should work too.

It should work on marvelc and marvelct, but is completely untested. You need to provide dmesg if something is not working here. It should be possible to get the previous dmesg of a failed boot from your recovery.

This ROM is far from being finished, it can include a lot of bugs and can destroy your data. Use it at your own risk!

Reporting Bugs

If you want to report bugs please read THIS HOWTO first. Please try to provide logs if you see errors (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to do that check google or ask people here to help you. Don't contact me directly.

Enabling logcat Logging (Windows HOWTO: How to logcat like a Pro!)
    adb shell dmesg
    How to use strace?

All bug reports should go to the bugtracker.

If you think you find a bug take a look at the bugtracker first. Check if it already has been reported.

Download

You are storing very sensitive information on your phone. You always have to be careful what ROMs you flash and whom you trust. If you don't trust me then don't use my ROM or compile it from source by yourself.

The ROM will be gpg signed with my key 0xF33E3FC6. You can verify the ROM with 'gpg --verify marvel-cm-9.0.0-rc0-unofficial_rom-alpha0-signed.zip.asc'.

See https://www.torproject.org/docs/verifying-signatures.html.en for more information.

You can download the ROM here.

This ROM is not meant for daily use!

Most annoying bugs

* Camera isn't fully supported yet (#4)
    * HQ videos don't work (#1)
    * Google Voice-search doesn't work (#32) - Workaround: Uninstall with Titatium Backup and install from Play Store

ChangeLog

ALPHA9 - 2012-11-06
    * Kernel:
    - Resurrect /dev/camera for HQ video
    * ROM:
    - Support for HQ videos
    - Update to CM 9.1.0

ALPHA7 - 2012-07-27
    * Kernel:
    - Reduced kernel size a bit.
    - Fixed bluetooth init on marvelc.
    * ROM:
    - marvelc: Fixed building audio and lights module.
    - marvelc: Set voicemail to own number (bug #67)
    - marvelc: Fixed eri.xml

ALPHA6 - 2012-07-17
    * Kernel
    - Fixed bluetooth initialization.
    * ROM
    - Fixed several marvelc issues.

ALPHA5 - 2012-07-04
    * Kernel
    -
    * ROM
    - Fixed building camera hal

ALPHA4 - 2012-07-04
    * Kernel
    - Added smartass2 governor and made it default (if you changed performance settings you need to choose smartass2 now)
    * ROM
    - Added marvelc build
    - Added some UI speed improvements
    - Fixed QR Code scanners

ALPHA3 - 2012-06-21
    * Kernel
    -
    * ROM
    - Added cdma support for marvelc
    - Added support for panorama pictures
    - Added elctronbeam screen on animation
    - Updated libhtc_ril.so
    - Updated wifi firmware
    - Fixed MMS profile
    - Fixed network switching
    - Fixed portable wifi hotspot

ALPHA2 - 2012-06-01
    * Kernel
    - Fixed kgsl memory management (should fix "Force Closed" bugs)
    - Added zRam support
    - Added HTC TP Calibration
    * ROM
    - Fixed graphic lags with adreno200 chips.
    - Added permission for tty access.
    - Added zRam support.
    - UPSTREAM: Added Apollo Music player.
    - UPSTREAM: Improved lockscreen support.

ALPHA1 - 2012-05-12
    * Kernel
    - Added swap support
    - Added KSM support
    - Removed msm camera.
    - Increased adsp memory for camera support
    - Increased kgsl memory
    * ROM
    - Added camcorder support
    - Fixed "Deep Sleep" Mode
    - Fixed boot animation size
    - Fixed memory leaks in camera support
    - Fixed RIL permission issues
    - Fixed power profile
    - UPSTREAM: Added theme support.
    - UPSTREAM: Added lockscreen options.

ALPHA0 - 2012-05-04
    * Kernel
    - First release
    * ROM
    - First release
    Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How to flash the CWM recovery?
    A: Download the zip file for your phone and rename it to PG76IMG.zip and place it on your SD card. Then turn the phone on and boot into hboot. You can do that if you turn the phone off. Press the volume down button and hold it and then press the power button. The device will go into hboot and hboot will detect the zip file. It will ask you then to flash the recovery.

Q: Which radio version should I use?
    A: I suggest to flash RUU Update Marvel S HTC_Europe_2.26.401.3 if you have S-OFF with XTC Clip

Q: Do I need to install Google Apps (gapps)?
    Yes, you need them. You can get them from here. I suggest to use gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip. People reported that the latest version (April) is a battery drainer.

Q: How can I install more apps on my phone?
    Use A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT

Q: My wifi doesn't work, how can I fix it?
    Android ICS detects your SIM card region (EN, US, AU, UK etc.) and stores it into some sort of Database file, which has all your Carrier info in it. If your SIM card (Carrier) is not correctly listed you can run into wifi problems.

Download the Wifix app or install the Recovery Flashable ZIP from here. There is also a tutorial how to fix it manually.

Q: Which GPS fix should I use for this ROM?
    You shouldn't use any GPS fix at all cause they don't fix anything or have wrong certificates anyway. Read my blog post about the GPS fix myth.

Have fun!
    Expect a new build with working HQ videos soon.

[17:07:35] <@OliverG96> Youtube HD...
    [17:07:38] <@OliverG96> Is working...
    [17:07:40] <@OliverG96> Perfectly
    [17:07:47] <@OliverG96> Completely perfectly
    [17:07:48] <@OliverG96> ...
    [17:07:58] <@OliverG96> Just like on gingerbread

Thanks for testing Oliver ;)
    I've uploaded a GPS fix