[BOOTANIM] How to create a personal boot animation using any music video!
Time: Approximately 10 minutes
Tools Req: PC & HTC ONE
This script takes an MP4 file, and uses FFMpeg to zoom and crop the video to 540x960 (any larger, and the boot animation file size would be HUGE!), and generates frame images. It then zips everything into a nice little package, that 99% of Android boot animation modifiers would recognize. This script in particular plays 20 seconds of video, and then finishes the animation with the Beats Audio logo.
Where to get videos:
Ripping the video file off the web:
- Head over to YouTube and navigate to your favourite artist or your favourite music video! Then, copy the YouTube link, and paste it over at KeepVid to get started!
- Another good place to start, Vimeo Groups.
Rip the mp4 video from any supported video site and save it as "1.mp4". The video must be at least 30 seconds long.
Generating the boot animation:
Download my custom HTC ONE Boot Animation Builder Script
Extract the script files, and paste your video in the folder with the batch script
Warning! Your antivirus might think the zip is dangerous because of the bat file, I can assure you with my kitten's life that is not!
3) Run the run.bat file.
Copy the bootanimation.zip file to your device.
Installing the animation to your device:
Install method A:
Install method B:
- If you run the Viper ROM, head over to ViperOne Tweaks and select Advanced>Custom bootanimation and select the zip created by the BAT file.
Install method C:
- If your Rom is AOKP (with Rom Control in settings)... you can select it from Rom Control>General UI>Custom Boot Animation
Install method D:
- Download and install ROM Toolbox Lite from the Play Store.
- Navigate to Interface>Boot Animations>Local> and choose your bootanimation.zip
- Copy your new bootanimation.zip from to your SDCard into data/local using your File Manager (Root access required, check your File Manager settings)
- The file size of the bootanimation.zip would be 200mb+. That is normal.
- The boot animation zip works with the boot down animation, but it does not scale the video appropriately (since the images are not 1080x1920). If you have any insights on this, please post.
- I do not know how to get audio working using this method, I don't care for audio in my boot animation anyways. Google might help you with that.
// DEVICES //
HTC ONE (32GB) 4.4 GPE
LG Nexus 4 (8GB) (White) MIUI V5
HP Touchpad (32GB) CM10.1 Bluetooth Build
HP Touchpad (32GB) CM9 Nightly
LG L5 E617G CM11
// About Me! //