[APP][VGA][11SEP09]Gen.Y Manila "Revolution" R1.5 VGA Port CFC

Search This thread

pcwpcw

Jan 28, 2009
wexford
THANK YOU!!

I run Touchflo 3D Mnanila and 2nd Today (which allows you to map a soft key to it).
You can change you registry to change the manila softkey, or try mapping to a hardware button. I run SPB home from the right soft key and switch between Manilla and 2nd Today with the left softkey. Works great. :cool:

Thank you for responding to me! I currently have xbmod's rhodium manila and SPB running on my touch pro using TFDetacher. It works well for me. I would like to remove SPB MS3 and install this cab V2.1 and check it out but i dont want to remove xbmod's rhodium. I think it would be great to switch between them. Does anyone know if it can be done?

djdafreund

Dec 19, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I get the same thing with using the weather tab. (Even after installing the 2 mentioned cab files for a fix). "Problem connecting". Everything else is working great too!! Thanks so much for doing this. I am loving everything so far. I am just using gyrator2 for flipping instead of the built in auto-screen rotation since it does it about 2 seconds faster (it takes like 3 seconds when using built in auto screen rotation, and only like 1 second when using gyrator2. And since i use gyrator2 ANYWAY for keeping auto-rotate with all my apps and explorer, i simply removed the event that blocks touchflo, and works great.)

Last edited:

zyz696

Mar 12, 2009
Guys...
To resolve the internet tab issue, just copy the "27c65cbd_manila" from the 0409 folder to your language folder.... :)

J

jeepers007

Might try re-installing the language cab file... It will over-write any corrupt weather database file, and might solve this problem. ...0409 for WWE...

Velvis

Jun 5, 2007
I get a systems permissions error when I try to install to my tp running psykis rom. i have disabled manila soft reset and then install manila 2.1 but still get the error.

Any ideas?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I get a systems permissions error when I try to install to my tp running psykis rom. i have disabled manila soft reset and then install manila 2.1 but still get the error.

Any ideas?
Not sure why that would happen. does the ROM you're trying to install it on already have a version of TF3D v2 installed? It could be that there are some remnants of the version that's cooked in still running at StartUp. I can't do much for you in that case. Just in case it's a certificate issue, try installing the attached cab first, and then try installing Manila. If it doesn't work then, the former is your problem.

Attachments

• 01_Update_Security_Policies.cab
    1.3 KB · Views: 21

ko0l

Dec 3, 2008
Does anyone know how to disable the manilla sms and use the windows 1 when clicking on a sms? Will there be a cab for this?

Silverexp

Oct 1, 2006
San Antonio, TX
I use sqliteadmin with no problem adding and using a custom city.
Also, for custom city, you'll need this reg entry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Weather.ServerURLOverride"="http://weather.not2advanced.com/htcweather/forecastdata.php?ac=XDADevs&locCode=%25ls&version= 1&device=innovation"

Thanks for the response. The reg entry was what I was lacking. Now the weather is updating without a problem.

kushdeck

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 22, 2007
kila kali
www.dev-host.org
ok i have been ripping my hair out for the past day. My problem is opera will no longer launch anymore when using the updated manila. I have tried various different combinations as follow.

first i tried all of your oem packages, opera hangs at loading screen. before i updated, i was runnin a bit earlier build of 2.1 with a bunch of updated packages, so i tried your manila package with my packages, opera would still hang at load screen. So then i went back to the older manila, keeping my packages in there (just to make sure something else didnt get changed along the way), opera starts! i then swapped out all of my oem packages for your oem packages except for manila, so i was using your oem's with the older manila, and opera starts! so i narrowed it down to being the actual manila package. i dug through the rgu's and the only things i have different is some policies. i have diabled pushinternet completely, even tried 3 different versions/packages with it enabled and disabled, there is absolutely no way i can get my opera to load with the new manila package. so my last resort is to post here looking for help or some insight on what could be the cause.

btw, calendar and cdma sms fix are both confirmed working on my device.
cheers to you once again for such beautiful work.

-deck:confused:

xxmewstarxx

Dec 24, 2007
waiting for hopefully some updates soon. I tried installing but had lots of issues so I had to go back to v1.

But after i installed it, it was running fine at first but after i was playing with it everything started to stop working. The weather tab worked once and then was giving me connection errors. the stock tab worked once and then would just cycle over and over. emails could be read only one time and then couldnt read again. then my connection kept dropping and said wouldnt stay connected. I tried a soft reset and once that happen it never loaded correctly. Everytime tf3d would load from the start everything was black with only the word "title" and nothing was responsive. I tried to reset again with the same results. none of the tabs were responsive and none of the actual buttons on the phone would respond to enter the phone or home or back. Luckly the only button that worked was the PTT button which i had set for my start menu button and when i got into my start menu i was able to get to my back up to restore to version 1.

Oh well i will just have to keep my eyes open for updates and fixes. unless someone has any ideas. But awesome work and i loved it before it was acting all weird and will have to install again soon to try again. Maybe it was just a fluke

askwhy

Jun 26, 2009
ok i have been ripping my hair out for the past day. My problem is opera will no longer launch anymore when using the updated manila. I have tried various different combinations as follow.

first i tried all of your oem packages, opera hangs at loading screen. before i updated, i was runnin a bit earlier build of 2.1 with a bunch of updated packages, so i tried your manila package with my packages, opera would still hang at load screen. So then i went back to the older manila, keeping my packages in there (just to make sure something else didnt get changed along the way), opera starts! i then swapped out all of my oem packages for your oem packages except for manila, so i was using your oem's with the older manila, and opera starts! so i narrowed it down to being the actual manila package. i dug through the rgu's and the only things i have different is some policies. i have diabled pushinternet completely, even tried 3 different versions/packages with it enabled and disabled, there is absolutely no way i can get my opera to load with the new manila package. so my last resort is to post here looking for help or some insight on what could be the cause.

btw, calendar and cdma sms fix are both confirmed working on my device.
cheers to you once again for such beautiful work.

-deck:confused:

Deck, you're using a 9.7 recently, right? Have you tried other Opera builds to see if they work for you with the new Manila and your other stuff. Reading through what you posted I got the sense you were always using the same Opera except possibly when you mixed Old Manila with yozgatg's oems?

shep211

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2007
Layton, Ut
Can anyone test youtube app with TF3D2.1? It works for me but I have no audio. I have tried many other youtube packages with no luck. If I remove TF3D2.1 youtube audio works again.

Thanx for the help.

kushdeck

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 22, 2007
kila kali
www.dev-host.org
Deck, you're using a 9.7 recently, right? Have you tried other Opera builds to see if they work for you with the new Manila and your other stuff. Reading through what you posted I got the sense you were always using the same Opera except possibly when you mixed Old Manila with yozgatg's oems?

sorry i should of added that yes, i have tried various different versions of opera, 16983, 16453, 15613, and last 9.7b1 (aug6-09), all of them hang on loading screen.

-deck

leadpoizon

May 31, 2008
I noticed a small graphical glitch: random access letter bar seems to be cut off slightly from the right in the all contacts page, that the letter bar in the weather tab when adding a city could be moved a little slightly to the right? I know I'm being picky here, but just thought i'd mention it, so maybe we have an even more solid port in the future.

Also: I'm getting vibration feedback on every single hardware button. Is there a fix for this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks

You can try opening 590ad244_manila with a text editor (it's an xml file) and change the following to what you want
    Code:
    <trans-unit id="IDS_DATEFORMAT">
            <source>MMM d, yyyy</source>

I think that should work, though I haven't tested it :).

Thanks for your suggestion :).
    Really, in this file the format is already set to:
    MMM d, yyyy
    but on my home screen the date is showed as dd/mm/yy. Probably the right setting is placed in another file... :confused:
    Is there anyway to update to r1.1 from r1.0 without flashing a new rom? I dont know if the cabs posted by captin were to update what we already have or for a fresh install.