[Q] Just got a 2nd hand unit, unlock advice?

Search This thread

dustydroid

Mar 25, 2014
Hello everyone.

I got bought a Note 3 yesterday, it's in amazing condition, and I'm very excited about it. The only problem is that it's a T-Mobile unit, and I'm on AT&T. I need it unlocked.

I used swappa to check the IMEI, and it came back clean.

I called T-Mobile about unlocking it, but they weren't in the mood, apparently, because she said the original phone holder would need to submit the request.

I Googled around a bunch, ended up rooting it and trying Chainfire's RegionLock Away...but apparently it doesn't work for 4.4.2, and that's what this is running.

I apologize if this has been addressed, I've been browsing the forums for several hours, and I didn't find anything that addresses this specific question. But of course that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Anyway, what are my options? Is it possible to downgrade to 4.3, then run RegionLock Away? Is there another app I could run? Would flashing a specific custom ROM do the trick? Is there a way to get T-Mobile to cooperate? Or am I looking at paying for a code. (If so, I would appreciate recommendations.)

This is my first time trying to unlock a phone, and I'm having trouble finding legitimate information on it.

Again, thanks. I appreciate any help.

CravingMender9

Jun 6, 2011
Charlotte
www.rahulisola.com
Hello everyone.

I got bought a Note 3 yesterday, it's in amazing condition, and I'm very excited about it. The only problem is that it's a T-Mobile unit, and I'm on AT&T. I need it unlocked.

I called T-Mobile about unlocking it, but they weren't in the mood, apparently, because she said the original phone holder would need to submit the request.

I Googled around a bunch, ended up rooting it and trying Chainfire's RegionLock Away...but apparently it doesn't work for 4.4.2, and that's what this is running.

I apologize if this has been addressed, I've been browsing the forums for several hours, and I didn't find anything that addresses this specific question. But of course that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Anyway, what are my options? Is it possible to downgrade to 4.3, then run RegionLock Away? Is there another app I could run? Would flashing a specific custom ROM do the trick? Is there a way to get T-Mobile to cooperate? Or am I looking at paying for a code. (If so, I would appreciate recommendations.)

This is my first time trying to unlock a phone, and I'm having trouble finding legitimate information on it.

Try http://cellunlocker.net/
I've used them multiple times earlier, and got very good service.

Reactions: dustydroid

dustydroid

Mar 25, 2014
Try cellunlocker(dot)net

Thanks! I went for it. I got an email about 15 minutes later, saying it was delayed and that they were going to check another server. That threw me off a little, but a few hours later, they sent an unlock code, and it worked flawlessly.

You helped me out a lot.

Limeybastard

Thanks! I went for it. I got an email about 15 minutes later, saying it was delayed and that they were going to check another server. That threw me off a little, but a few hours later, they sent an unlock code, and it worked flawlessly.

You helped me out a lot.

Congrats. I used cellunlocker also twice, one for my wife's N900A and also my N900T. Her N900A took about 24 hours to get unlock code though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone.

Try http://cellunlocker.net/