Restored phone to stock with RUU after S-OFF, now it shows S-OFF and LOCKED status!?

Search This thread

Brushstroke

Aug 26, 2013
This is weird. I guess it's not really a problem, but I didn't think this was supposed to happen. I just got a new Nexus 5, and so I decided to set my HTC One S to stock in case I wanted to sell it at some point. I think most likely I'll keep it around as a backup phone but whatever. Anyway, I ran the RUU and in the process of relocking the bootloader using the "fastboot oem lock" command, it said that it's already locked...even though in the bootloader it clearly said that it was unlocked via moonshine S-OFF. Weird, but okay. The RUU went fine but the bootloader now shows LOCKED instead of RELOCKED and it still shows that it's S-OFF. Isn't it supposed to say RELOCKED when you do this? Is this normal? I've included a pic for reference.

Here's what my bootloader now looks like.

Brushstroke

Aug 26, 2013
It's normal. Mine does this.

Okay. I also noticed that under Settings > About > Tell HTC and error reporting, it says, "This is a test device. Accordingly, to collect critical information about the device, Tell HTC is enabled and cannot be turned off regardless of the device settings." The hardware keys don't light up either.

dr3amsINdigital

Jul 7, 2012
Okay. I also noticed that under Settings > About > Tell HTC and error reporting, it says, "This is a test device. Accordingly, to collect critical information about the device, Tell HTC is enabled and cannot be turned off regardless of the device settings." The hardware keys don't light up either.

I'm not sure if that's from S-OFF or not, I never paid attention to that. Are you in a dark room? The keys only turn on when it's dark on stock ROM.