[Q] Freaking out here totally bricked it

Search This thread

duoblade

Jul 5, 2013
So i was trying to find some new roms for my SGH-i747M and what i did was backed up my original rom running on a avatar nightly build i tried to upgrade my clockworkmod touch to the latest version using the terminal method (cause i was getting status 7 errors from all the other roms). I finally got the install the work then when i reboot the rom doesn't work i tried going back into CMW recovery and it just crashes and for some reason the computer can't recognize the phone so i can't unbrick it.... what do i do now totally scrub

goddie392

Sep 30, 2012
kingstongo
Have you tried odin

So i was trying to find some new roms for my SGH-i747M and what i did was backed up my original rom running on a avatar nightly build i tried to upgrade my clockworkmod touch to the latest version using the terminal method (cause i was getting status 7 errors from all the other roms). I finally got the install the work then when i reboot the rom doesn't work i tried going back into CMW recovery and it just crashes and for some reason the computer can't recognize the phone so i can't unbrick it.... what do i do now totally scrub

Hey try downloading the stock firmware and used Odin flash it on

Reactions: duoblade

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
What stock ROM was on your phone before you update CWM? It's important to let us know so we can help guide you in the right direction.

Can you get into download mode at all? Have you tried the debrick method described in this forum?

duoblade

Jul 5, 2013
tried everything(mostly)

What stock ROM was on your phone before you update CWM? It's important to let us know so we can help guide you in the right direction.

Can you get into download mode at all? Have you tried the debrick method described in this forum?

I've tried odin and stock rom but the thing is i don't think my usb debugging is on so odin and my computer can't access the components inside the phone, i've tried unistalling drivers and trying to reconnect it but no luck... my stock rom on my phone was a avatar 4.0 nightly build or something (4.3 version) and my old CMW was 6.0.3( or something before i tried to get the 6.0.4) now i can't even get it to work when i tried to flash the slimkat rom

i can't get into CMW recovery.... when i try it restarts, when it restarts all i get is a black screen i think i'm screwed here

Last edited:

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I've tried odin and stock rom but the thing is i don't think my usb debugging is on so odin and my computer can't access the components inside the phone, i've tried unistalling drivers and trying to reconnect it but no luck... my stock rom on my phone was a avatar 4.0 nightly build or something (4.3 version) and my old CMW was 6.0.3( or something before i tried to get the 6.0.4) now i can't even get it to work when i tried to flash the slimkat rom

i can't get into CMW recovery.... when i try it restarts, when it restarts all i get is a black screen i think i'm screwed here

Can you get into download? From what I recall with my phone USB debugging was not needed to flash ROMs via Odin or CWM.

duoblade

Jul 5, 2013
i've tried

Try different drivers, cables and usb ports. Usb debugging only matters when you are booted into android. Shouldn't have any effect on download mode.

i've tried different port different cables different computers i've tried reinstalling the drivers and using different installations nothing seems to be making the phone readable, and yes i can get into download mode but odin or the computer can't detect which port it is on

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
How are you reinstalling drivers? You have to uninstall through device manager. And make sure your cables are data cables. Many out there are not capable of data transfers. Unless the port on the device has gone bad or been damaged, I'm not sure what else you can try. But if it cannot connect on any port on any computer, I think it may be a hardware issue like I just mentioned.

Did you try different driver versions? You can get several from the link in my sig.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
What about trying different operating systems (i.e. WinXP, Win7, OSX, etc.)?

duoblade

Jul 5, 2013
try what i can

Could be worth a shot. Odin is Windows only though. I think heimdall works for the rest.

What about trying different operating systems (i.e. WinXP, Win7, OSX, etc.)?

i've tried switching between the two operating system(windows 7(labtop), windows 8.1(desktop)) don't seem to be working neither have worked i tried installing the driver again on windows but the phone still can't read if anything imma try this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549068 but idk what the results will yield w/e take what i can get btw idk where the samsung driver would be in device manager at least the general heading if it doesn't show up at all...

duoblade

Jul 5, 2013
wow wtf

never mind guys it was the usb cable it's weird its the stock cable that came with the s3 and it didn't work it was only after i used my bros s4 mini cable that it started to read it wtf...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried odin

Hey try downloading the stock firmware and used Odin flash it on

Try different drivers, cables and usb ports. Usb debugging only matters when you are booted into android. Shouldn't have any effect on download mode.

Can you get into download? From what I recall with my phone USB debugging was not needed to flash ROMs via Odin or CWM.
    How are you reinstalling drivers? You have to uninstall through device manager. And make sure your cables are data cables. Many out there are not capable of data transfers. Unless the port on the device has gone bad or been damaged, I'm not sure what else you can try. But if it cannot connect on any port on any computer, I think it may be a hardware issue like I just mentioned.

Did you try different driver versions? You can get several from the link in my sig.