Process to fix

Search This thread

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
I've been restraining myself from posting this for a few days, while browsing and looking through threads trying to figure out my answers. Something is wrong within my device, something is corrupted. Phone keeps rebooting on phone calls, and my UI is trashed, its all zoomed out and looking crazy. Flashing different ROMs has not helped. I have taken under advisement to RUU. However, I just want to make sure there is nothing I need to do before RUU'ing to keep from screwing up the device. Here is my current status: the only things I have done to this device since I got it last may are root and unlock using moonshine. So I have had no OTAs that I know of. This is the RUU I have:
RUU_DLX_WL_JB_50_S_VERIZON_WWE_3.06.605.4_Radio_1.01.01.1112_NV_VZW_4.46_002_release_340974_signed_2
I just want to make sure I only need to run that, and don't need to flash anything else (such as hboot, etc)
Thanks.

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
UPDATE: I tried running the RUU. I got Error 158. I was watching, and I had the phone in fastboot already, and when the screen said Rebooting Bootloader, then Waiting for Bootloader..... I never saw the phone actually boot to bootloader again, it just stayed black. then the program kept running like the phone was responding, and eventually shot out Error 158. should I follow this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293919 and relock the bootloader and then RUU? and does anyone know if I will be able to unlock again after I do this?

UPDATE: This is my main question if anyone can help. I have the above RUU, and I got error 158. Since I used moonshine's method, I am under the impression I need to re-lock bootloader, and THEN RUU. However, can someone please tell me if I need a different hboot version or if I'm just fine to go ahead like this? my hboot is below. I ask this because last failed RUU, i had to re-install the ROM im using to boot the phone, and if I re-lock I dont want to be in a position where the RUU fails and I can't get into recovery to re-flash a ROM.

BTW : My hboot version is 1.33.4444

Last edited:

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
UPDATE: I tried running the RUU. I got Error 158. I was watching, and I had the phone in fastboot already, and when the screen said Rebooting Bootloader, then Waiting for Bootloader..... I never saw the phone actually boot to bootloader again, it just stayed black. then the program kept running like the phone was responding, and eventually shot out Error 158. should I follow this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293919 and relock the bootloader and then RUU? and does anyone know if I will be able to unlock again after I do this?

UPDATE: This is my main question if anyone can help. I have the above RUU, and I got error 158. Since I used moonshine's method, I am under the impression I need to re-lock bootloader, and THEN RUU. However, can someone please tell me if I need a different hboot version or if I'm just fine to go ahead like this? my hboot is below. I ask this because last failed RUU, i had to re-install the ROM im using to boot the phone, and if I re-lock I dont want to be in a position where the RUU fails and I can't get into recovery to re-flash a ROM.

Manually boot the phone to the bootloader before you start and it will go. For whatever reason it doesn't do it itself so manually doing it will give you success.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

finanandroid

Oct 11, 2010
Virginia

error 158= wrong Hboot ; Solution *You need to Update Hboot to 1.54 in order to Run RUU 3.06
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42352912&postcount=4