[APP][4.4+ FOR NOW] Active Launcher - A revamped and unique launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
@Creed14 I have rebased Active Launcher with a lower api level so it will support Android 4.0.3 and above. But I haven't been working on the project lately, as I need to learn more about app development so I can further this project into something better.

Nothing for now, so I don't see the point on having this thread open. I'll get it opened when I decided to update the project.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dhiraj and Creed14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    91nTKxs.png

x67Yktt.png

Hi all and welcome to a new era, nowadays with Google's fantastic platform updates, an increasing amount of applications and launcher are being released. All offering different and unique features. But this launcher however stands out amongst most of them. Why do I say this? Give this launcher a try and you will most likely get your answer straight away. This launcher has a cutting edge interface, all inspired by the formerly known application "Google Search/Google Now" of course we have to credit Google for this experience and they deserve the applaud, because the app is simply amazing.

You can skip this part if you wish, unless you want to know how this launcher came about. So one night (about a month ago). I was tired and went to my room to sleep, all snug and warmed up in bed, this is usually the time when random ideas and concepts flow through my mind. One of these concepts was to design a Launcher that looked like Google's design scheme. I thought this would be a great way to learn about Android development and make my idea into reality. So I quickly noted this idea down, a week passed by and I stumbled upon the note and I wondered a bit. And after a deep thought about this, I hopped on my computer and whipped up some magic in 2 weeks. It's now been three weeks (This will differ in future, since I doubt I'll be updating this story). And I felt like releasing this new Launcher because I want opinions from you guys on how I can make this Launcher work and function. So I present to all, Active Launcher!

I am open to feature and other suggestions, I have just started the project, I hope you all like it.
    Thanks for using Active Launcher, this launcher will not be released to the Play Store for now, as there is still quite a bit to work on.
    Also Active Launcher will be available on older Android devices in future releases.

HDlgYPV.png

1.0 - Initial Release

- User friendly interface.
    - Google Now UI.
    - Google Now animations.
    - Card View.
    - App Drawer.
    - KitKat Layout (Depends on device).
    - Built in clock.
    - Built in date finder.
    - Improved acelleration.
    - App dock.
    - Transclucet app dock.
    - Extra options.
    - Fixed application launch errors after re-opening an activity.
    - Fixed headers in both welcome screen and main screen.
    - Corrected sizes of images.
    - Full Google Search implementation (Fixed).
    - New layouts with buttons.

Currently not applications of this sort are supported, so you will have to contact me so I can add the application to the database.
    Supported applications in categories. So when clicking a button, and nothing happens, as stated, please contact me.

lNcTh8b.png

My current plans are -

- Home-screen windows - (Yes, 5 or home-screen which can be entered in when swiping from the left).
    - A better app drawer implementation - (So you don't have to scroll lots -.-).
    - Theme Settings - (Already implemented, just some final workaround, so you can change the blue scheme to other colours).
    - Your suggestions - (Let me know in the thread!).

7smmuET.png

- App Drawer - (Lists system apps ._.).
    - Anything else? - (Let me know).

5T5N3yJ.png

[x] Active Launcher 1.0 Beta - Download [20140514]

If you like this Launcher, don't forget to hit the thanks button! :D
    I can't install this because of kitkat, but quick look at screens tell me that button to open app drawer takes useful space, and looks bad. Why don't you add option to cycle through home and app drawer using home on screen key? In kitkat you should be able to add image underneath that home button, to make it cooler. Just a suggestion, waiting to see it on jelly bean.

Wysłane z mojego HTCSensation przy użyciu Tapatalka

I am re doing the launcher, as you can see.

e3uhy8ym.jpg

There is no more app drawer at the bottom. The pages that display the cards are now swipe able making it easier to access them instead of display cards in one view.

I will also implement an app drawer from the side like a nav drawer. Which will be easier to access from any screen. This way we can make more use of the screen instead of piling it up with random layouts.

Thanks for your feedback and support for older platforms will be coming later on.

Looking good so far,
    but as you said some apps doesn't open, for example evolve sms for messaging.

And i have some strange really big icons in the app drawer.

Would you mind to open a google+ page for this launcher?

Thanks, and yeah some apps will not open, because the default messaging apps are set.
    In future releases I will add a feature where the user can select which app to run.

And as for the app drawer, yeah some icons are random and big.
    This is slightly difficult as I'm going to completely ditch that app drawer and implement a different one.

Here, I just created the Google+ page.
    @Creed14 I have rebased Active Launcher with a lower api level so it will support Android 4.0.3 and above. But I haven't been working on the project lately, as I need to learn more about app development so I can further this project into something better.

Nothing for now, so I don't see the point on having this thread open. I'll get it opened when I decided to update the project.

Closed per OP request