Galaxy Note new India update 8.27MB (old India Update 72.29MB)

Search This thread

meethere

Jan 8, 2012
Only minor changes like dial phone icon change and "swipe screen to unlock" changes.

aalokraj

Jan 13, 2012
Thrissur
www.facebook.com
Hi all
Today my phone showed an update of 72.29MB

After installation i observed the foll changes:
1. Hindi keyboard available
2. One hand operation mode available
3. 5 rows intead of 4 in keyboard. New symbols also added.
4. New unlock screen
5. Torch widget added with 3 different light modes

Pls share of you notice any more new changes.

I am from New Delhi India

Updates
6. The stock music player (finally) sorts according to the track number in albums view (abirsharda)
7. Even better battery life

You Updated via Kies?

JulyDerek

Dec 21, 2010
Mumbai
I don't find any improvement in the battery life. Mine still drains like a *****!

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

Right Now over Kies/OTA available FW is DDLA5
actually it has baseband DDLA2, thats why it may have misunderstanding. ROM known as PDA (build number)
At presently available ROM for india is
PDA DDLA5
Baseband DDLA2
Kernel DDLA5 (likely, I have not updated kernel, so correct if wrong)

This is same version I updated manually. Now I understood why Kies is not recognizes mine.

Dr. K, Did you found the way to root this firmware? I tried Easy Root and got failed. :(

anjath

Dec 15, 2011
This is same version I updated manually. Now I understood why Kies is not recognizes mine.

Dr. K, Did you found the way to root this firmware? I tried Easy Root and got failed. :(
you need to downgrade, root it and then upgrade to latest firmware with root enabled option (depends whether you're doing it via mobile odin or CWM)

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor

you need to downgrade, root it and then upgrade to latest firmware with root enabled option (depends whether you're doing it via mobile odin or CWM)

No It is non rootable directly. Thats Y i m always telling not to update over Kies/OTA.
As Anjath said, you have to downgrade it first.

anjath

Dec 15, 2011
i think we should move to LB1 now ;) lot of upgrades happening. but LB1 is a direct upgrade for LA4 so it looks like the most advanced among the updates released this month.

anjath

Dec 15, 2011
haha.. yeah.. too many updates.. let's hold back for a few days and remain "indian" till then.. ;)

sitanshu91

Aug 22, 2011
mumbai
guys i lost the three finger scroll after the update .....is it same for you

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

guys one question
is LB1 update out in india?

galaxytab1

May 30, 2011
Someone check the permissions asked by the above attached torch apk... crazy!

1b3038d7-2921-bbcb.jpg

apurvapatel

Mar 15, 2009
Gujarat
Type "A" "N" and the keys on the upper left of the keyboard change to "maatras"
On that, press the key marked with the arrow in the image. That would give you the "half" "N". After you type the "Y" and "A", it will become Anya, the way you want.

You can manually get the "maatra" keys by pressing the upper left most key on the keyboard, the "O-|" thing.

Apurva how you getting half letter in Ashoka e.g. suppose you have to type 'Anya' in hindi? how to make N half?

Attachments

• capture_02.jpg
    capture_02.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: dr.ketan and anjath

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all
    Today my phone showed an update of 72.29MB

After installation i observed the foll changes:
    1. Hindi keyboard available
    2. One hand operation mode available
    3. 5 rows intead of 4 in keyboard. New symbols also added.
    4. New unlock screen
    5. Torch widget added with 3 different light modes

Pls share of you notice any more new changes.

I am from New Delhi India

Updates
    6. The stock music player (finally) sorts according to the track number in albums view (abirsharda)
    7. Even better battery life
    8. LA5 now supports multitasking between stock camera app and stock music
    player. Earlier on KL3, music used to stop if you turned on the camera while listening to music.

NEW UPDATE 8.27MB 3-march-2012
    1. Browser is better and polished.
    2. The Gallery loads faster and images view is faster.
    3. Huge battery improvement.
    4. Added Google messenger.
    5. Added Google plus.
    6. Lower right corner is much more responsive.
    7. Everything working much faster lagless now.
    8. More Detailed battery usage.
    9. Bigger lock icon.
    more changes i've noticed :
    1.Stock music playes now has a nice feature which is 'AUTO OFF', its in the settings.
    2.The stock music player (finally) sorts according to the track number in albums view.
    more changes i've noticed :
    1.Stock music playes now has a nice feature which is 'AUTO OFF', its in the settings.
    2.The stock music player (finally) sorts according to the track number in albums view.
    mate, point 1 was present already. IDK if it was after KL3 or even b4 that.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

How do I get the one-hand keyboard setting?

Setting --> language and Keyboard -->check One hand Operation box
    Type "A" "N" and the keys on the upper left of the keyboard change to "maatras"
    On that, press the key marked with the arrow in the image. That would give you the "half" "N". After you type the "Y" and "A", it will become Anya, the way you want.

You can manually get the "maatra" keys by pressing the upper left most key on the keyboard, the "O-|" thing.

Apurva how you getting half letter in Ashoka e.g. suppose you have to type 'Anya' in hindi? how to make N half?
    If you are Rooted n want to Keep Root Intact, Dont update with OTA, it will erase Root.