[HOWTO] Flashing baseband (radio) via LGMDP.exe

Search This thread

lucascm08

Jun 29, 2011
hey bro, can you post the froyo baseband for LG P500h please?? i've alredy installed the P500 baseband, but the 3G isn't working, only 2G... Thanks

lucascm08

Jun 29, 2011
Thanks man, i've did what you said. Unfortunately, the 3G is not working yet. The problem started because i've flashed the russian gingerbread firmware, but i've used the wrong way, i didn't backed up the nv2 first. Now my mobile is only 2G =/

D

doktornotor

I have no idea what you did. AFAICT you either have no GSM whatsoever, or it is working. So, your problems seems to be somewhere else.

sam4fun4ever

May 13, 2011
i was on official GB_@2.3.3 v1.2 .. i flashed back mik 6.5.5 over GB_@s.3.3.12..then flash v10E baseband and SUCCESS.. !! thx...

now i see cyber cyber_avijit release new version and i want to try it.. lol.
do i need to flash v20G baseband?... what happen if i dont do it..? i mean i just flash those rom over cm7 or just nandrestore from my backup.. is official Gb workin on old baseband? just curious b4 i try ...

clawsright

Mar 1, 2011
bangalore
I see no IMEI , nor network details on my phone.!!!! Why is it so??
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Please tell me what to do.??? I have the NIV backup.. But its not restoring

theclaw37

Apr 9, 2009
Nice! Great job. Is there a way to ONLY backup your NV2 file for darker days? I would love to keep a copy of my phone's nv2 somewhere safe. Would be a great feature.

J

Jrhodes85

Question

With so much talk going on around these forums about Baseband via LGMDP, I have to ask this: I am currently running devoid froyo final with Franco Kernel v18 with superblue theme v5 do I absolutely need this new baseband, what are the benefits of having this new baseband ? I really have liked using froyo final, it's fast and doesnt suck up to much battery but I have heard that those official roms are better in many different area's of performance, but there's nothing flashy about them atleast no in the looks department. I would like to know what is the best rom they've got available for the LG Optimus T ( I do understand that people will have different views on what's better). Before I get to off subject, which I seem to have already done, back to my original topic ? Do I need this baseband for devoid froyo final ?

lekhwani

With so much talk going on around these forums about Baseband via LGMDP, I have to ask this: I am currently running devoid froyo final with Franco Kernel v18 with superblue theme v5 do I absolutely need this new baseband, what are the benefits of having this new baseband ? I really have liked using froyo final, it's fast and doesnt suck up to much battery but I have heard that those official roms are better in many different area's of performance, but there's nothing flashy about them atleast no in the looks department. I would like to know what is the best rom they've got available for the LG Optimus T ( I do understand that people will have different views on what's better). Before I get to off subject, which I seem to have already done, back to my original topic ? Do I need this baseband for devoid froyo final ?

No. You don't need new baseband for devoid froyo final or cm. New baseband is required only for newly released official gb. New gb doesn't bring much improvement from froyo roms. Major pluses are the audio effects and selective copy and paste features only. Rest is better in froyo 2.2.

But CM 7 has much improvement. It has the maximum speed in UI, 2D and 3D. It has audio effects, native theme Chooser, rom manager, awesome cm settings etc.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

G

GuestK00122

Why all new firmware v20C have the old baseband AMSS6038????

denzphee

Nov 25, 2008
NY
I have scoured the forum but was unable to find out if the new baseband is compatible with tmobile usa. Would anyone know?

J

Jrhodes85

So would you recommend flashing CM7 roms or sticking with devoid froyo final ? I really enjoy the speed of DFF, but I have heard much talk about the theme chooser

D

doktornotor

J

Jrhodes85

your completely right, I didnt even recognize that I was til I reviewed the thread, my apologies

AndresHolmes

Mar 24, 2011
Hi, I have Megatron ROM android 2.2 and I want to flash to GingerLOL 1.5. So I wanted to flash the baseband P500-v20G-baseband.7z.
Now I have no GSM. Will that change after flashing to GingerLOL?
When I was flashing the baseband or when I try NV restore, I got this error:
1 NV_ITEM NV_FAIL_S until number 157

EDIT: ok I flashed baseband P500-v10E-baseband.7z and everything is allright. I guess I have to first do KDZ to 2.3.3 ROM and then go for the new baseband and GingerLOL

Last edited:

lekhwani

Hi, I have Megatron ROM android 2.2 and I want to flash to GingerLOL 1.5. So I wanted to flash the baseband P500-v20G-baseband.7z.
Now I have no GSM. Will that change after flashing to GingerLOL?
When I was flashing the baseband or when I try NV restore, I got this error:
1 NV_ITEM NV_FAIL_S until number 157

EDIT: ok I flashed baseband P500-v10E-baseband.7z and everything is allright. I guess I have to first do KDZ to 2.3.3 ROM and then go for the new baseband and GingerLOL

Your first step was alright. After flashing v20g baseband, you just needed to go to recovery and wipe everything and flash gingerlol.

hemanth86

Jun 20, 2011
Tumkur
I was waiting for this kinda method, rather than flashing whole gb rom to get new baseband. Thanx dok.
By the way does this LGDMP.exe needs to connect to internet while flashing or can do it's work offline like kdz?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P-509 Old Baseband (v10S)

I've noticed that no one on these forums has ever posted the old baseband for us Optimus-T users who applied the new baseband but want to revert to the old baseband given that the old baseband fix is available (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35924286&postcount=2). I finally got around to doing extracting the old baseband files myself (with DZDecrypt) from the v10S KDZ and packaged them with the tool from this thread. This means that a full restore with the stock Froyo ROM is no longer necessary to get the old baseband. Just run the tool in my .zip as you would the tool in the original post to return to the old baseband and flash the old baseband fix to get compatibility with new baseband ROMS.

Will an admin or the OP please place my attachment in the original post so that us Optimus-T users no longer have to go the longer and more dangerous route of a full restore to get the old baseband? Attached is a screenshot of my phone with the old baseband running the Oxygen Gingerbread ROM.

Thanks!
    Reviving a dead P500!

Hi,
    I'd like to share my experience for those having problems with nv2.
    3 days ago, my Optimus One couldn't boot at all. The only working part was the Emergency Mode. KDZ couldn't fix this as it didn't recognize the chipset.
    I used LGDMP and upgraded to V20 Romania, but there was no signal. I figured out that the NV2 was gone! But the good point was that luckily I had backed up my NV2 a few months ago. But I couldn't restore it at all. LGDMP said: "NV2 file doesn't exist". Actually this file should be in a folder named as "_COM_6_". Notice that 6 is the COM port I used in my own PC. Yours might be different. Then create another folder having the same name as your IMEI and put _COM_6_ in it. For example: LGDMP/3540430**********/_COM_20_/NV_P500_20110808-212402.nv2
    But the point is that the NV2 can't be restored while the phone is connected to your PC in Emergency Mode. So all you have to do is to install a ROM, whatever it is (I used CM7), and enable USB Debugging, and then connect it to your PC. Now Open LGDMP and Select Port, and finally NV2 Restore.

I was happy I could bring my dead mobile phone back to life.

I hope this can help you.
    Hossein from Iran!
    Which file should i flash if i want to switch to cm7? If i have to flash p500 v20g baseband to get back to cm7, the name seems to be a misnomer.

if I would like to perform only one new baseband upgrade.

is it follow the step to do for 20g baseband - it will done? don't even need to re-flash ROM or my custom rom will gone, and need install back the custom recovery, root access and flash new ROM ?

1) let say now i only want to upgrade to new baseband and maintain current gsnap v2.3 SE. how can i do that step by step?
    assuming now i had done with my nand backup ?

2nd question ) if i'm doing the [HOWTO] Flashing baseband (radio) via LGMDP.exe by doktornotor.
    after perform the step. do my custom recovery still there?

do i need to re-flash the the entire ROM?

i'm scare to brick my phone, some one can advice me?

thanks

1. follow the first post
    2. yes, recovery will still be there
    YOU CANNOT BRICK YOUR PHONE BY CHANGING BASEBAND
    Does anybody upgraded to 20H baseband which is the latest?if yes then what is the difference between 20G & 20H basebands???

yeah not much difference better 3g and gps lock other then this i didn't find any difference btw a nice battery backup in v20h

Press thanx if i helped you.. :D
    Sent from LG-P500 using xda premium