Official 2000mAH Battery w/ Back Cover Review

Search This thread

daewond3r

Sep 3, 2009
Los Angeles
Just got mine in! Totally loving it. I really like the heavier feel (feels more solid) and the way the extended battery cover rounds out the back. I'm using mine with a TPU bumper from eBay while I wait for a replacement SGP Capsule.

stereoprologic

Sep 18, 2010
This just came in today. Just wanted to provide some additional pictures :)

Hope this helps people decide wether or not to buy it.

Pictures were taken with my phone of course.

Attachments

• IMG_20120418_145403.jpg
    IMG_20120418_145403.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 2,222
  • IMG_20120418_145559.jpg
    IMG_20120418_145559.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 2,259
  • IMG_20120418_145627.jpg
    IMG_20120418_145627.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 2,167
  • IMG_20120418_145651.jpg
    IMG_20120418_145651.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 1,966
Last edited:

Dictate

Mar 3, 2011
Ordered from ShimShop. Hoping to see it soon. Stock battery lasts me, most of the time, but there are days of heavier use where the battery can be dead by 11PM. The extra 250mah should help with those days. :D

Matridom

Dec 19, 2010
I ordered from the ebay retailer, just arrived, everything is there, just no fancy box, but considering the international shipping, it's to be expected.

Fits great into the otterbox commuter i use.

Now to see how the endurance is.

kashix

Mar 20, 2010

Wow never seen it in retail packaging

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Ordered from ShimShop. Hoping to see it soon. Stock battery lasts me, most of the time, but there are days of heavier use where the battery can be dead by 11PM. The extra 250mah should help with those days. :D

I ordered from the ebay retailer, just arrived, everything is there, just no fancy box, but considering the international shipping, it's to be expected.

Fits great into the otterbox commuter i use.

Now to see how the endurance is.

I don't get it, so if I ordered from the shimshop, it doesn't come with the retail box?

Matridom

Dec 19, 2010
It comes in OEM packaging which is (possibly) bubble wrap with the battery and back door in clear plastic bags etc (I haven't ordered but I've seen pics of peoples deliveries.)

Edit: As seen in OP first pic

yup, that's exactly how it comes in. bubble-wrapped and clear plastic (zip-locked) bag.

overlof

Jul 16, 2010
Sh*tty "phone"

I bought the same battery on ebay + charger for it. I charge standard battery in new charger, use phone half day with new fully charged battery in my gnex and the second part of it with old (1750mAh (I have GSM version). 2000mah could manage with two and half hours of working screen (automatic brightness). 1750 mah manage with two and fifteen minutes run of my screen(also autobrightness). So if I use my gnex (Reading something that I need to read ) it could work only 4:45 without charging. I hate it for that. It's too stupid to open case every day to put in fresh battery. I mean there are no any pleasant feelings or thoughts when I do it. It seems to me like work, not use of latest smartphone. I dont understand how it is impossible to buy 600dollars phone which couldn't work even a half day. I dont know what I should to do.
I'm running it on AOKP milestone 4 + latest stable franco kernel. I tried to change CPU frequencies it didnt help. I have no time to try different roms and kernels (because they need complete wipe but it distracts me even more than changing of batteries). I'd be very glad to listen for some advice. The one thing I could tell that standard rom was draining battery faster
P.S. I think to sell this peace of crap for 300$, buy nokia for 20$, use it until iphone 5 comes to shelves

Last edited:

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
I bought this is from shopatewe.com

After coupon it was $26.99

You linked the Verizon Galaxy Nexus extended battery. Hoping you didn't order the wrong one.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

I bought the same battery on ebay + charger for it. I charge standard battery in new charger, use phone half day with new fully charged battery in my gnex and the second part of it with old (1750mAh (I have GSM version). 2000mah could manage with two and half hours of working screen (automatic brightness). 1750 mah manage with two and fifteen minutes run of my screen(also autobrightness). So if I use my gnex (Reading something that I need to read ) it could work only 4:45 without charging. I hate it for that. It's too stupid to open case every day to put in fresh battery. I mean there are no any pleasant feelings or thoughts when I do it. It seems to me like work, not use of latest smartphone. I dont understand how it is impossible to buy 600dollars phone which couldn't work even a half day. I dont know what I should to do.
I'm running it on AOKP milestone 4 + latest stable franco kernel. I tried to change CPU frequencies it didnt help. I have no time to try different roms and kernels (because they need complete wipe but it distracts me even more than changing of batteries). I'd be very glad to listen for some advice. The one thing I could tell that standard rom was draining battery faster
P.S. I think to sell this peace of crap for 300$, buy nokia for 20$, use it until iphone 5 comes to shelves

Did you buy the genuine 2000mah? or a fake eBay one from China. In terms of screen on time, the extended will only give you 15%+ what you usually get. So around 45 minutes of display time depending on the person.

I personally get around 5 hours of display time before dead. Currently running Gummy 1.0 and the Imoseyon kernel (It comes with Gummy) and I'm sitting at 1 Day 5 hours on battery with 3 hours and 14 minutes of display time. With 25% left, pretty good for me. This is with really light usage, i've only been running this setup for how long the battery has been on though. With heavy usage, I expect less standby but more screen on time. From the looks of it, I'll get around 4 hours display time though with this much standby time.

overlof

Jul 16, 2010
The same genuine battery + cover from top rated seller for 50 bucks + charger for 15 bucks. I think that you are lucky enough with your nexus battery life. How much apps installed have you got? I'm 72. Maybe it is a problem for ICS I dont know. But anyway when I go in battery menu at settings I see that 60 percents eaten by screen + 15 percents by OS. Pitty.

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
The same genuine battery + cover from top rated seller for 50 bucks + charger for 15 bucks. I think that you are lucky enough with your nexus battery life. How much apps installed have you got? I'm 72. Maybe it is a problem for ICS I dont know. But anyway when I go in battery menu at settings I see that 60 percents eaten by screen + 15 percents by OS. Pitty.

Yea your OS is too high, mine is like 4% with the run time I have.

Here's my battery life, first test running my current setup. Light-medium usage. A lot more standby time than I usually do.
This is Gummy 1.0, I'm probably going to update now to 1.0.1

Screenshot_2012-04-19-21-18-42.jpg

Screenshot_2012-04-19-21-18-48.jpg

If can't see screenshots, idk why. Check my post here on Gummy

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25073418&postcount=547

Last edited:

redthunda69

Aug 16, 2010
Atlanta
The extended battery is awesome. The phone feels better in the hand because the back now feels like one solid slab. I'm having a hard time wearing the battery down intentionally so that I can charge it. I 100% recommend this extended battery, and I believe it should have been stock.

stereoprologic

Sep 18, 2010
The extended battery is awesome. The phone feels better in the hand because the back now feels like one solid slab. I'm having a hard time wearing the battery down intentionally so that I can charge it. I 100% recommend this extended battery, and I believe it should have been stock.

My thoughts exactly. I especially like how the phone feels with the slight addition of thickness.

kashix

Mar 20, 2010
is it just me or the feel of the back cover that comes with the 2000mAH battery feels so much smoother than the one that comes with the stock battery? loving the feel and the weight! so much better!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've done some research and it looks like the extra 250 mah will give you about a 14% boost in battery life. So, imagine as if you start out with ~114% battery life, as oppose to ~100%.

Hm... still undecided if that's worth the extra $36 and slight thickness added to the phone...

I like how your avatar fits your final conclusion :D
    So I decided to purchase an extended battery for the Galaxy Nexus since the original (1750 mAH) battery didn't really live up to my expectations. The original battery gave decent battery life and kept the thickness of the phone to a minimum.

After receiving the battery from ebay member: mulkin, I had inspected the battery and confirmed that it was indeed the "official" extended battery for the GSM model.

I wasn't expecting the battery to come in a couple days since it was coming from South Korea, but it did take less than a week to get here to South California. Packaging was very nice and kept the battery and back cover well protected.

phph9kBn1AM.jpg

phpqTnt0MAM.jpg

The extended battery cover that was included with the extended battery still has the same texture as the original. The phone also feels better with the new battery cover. The slight thickness it adds still maintains the phones low profile. The only thing it loses is the slight curve of the original battery cover right above the rear speaker. NFC works perfectly and isn't affected at all, it also works well if your using the stock battery with the extended back cover.

phpZCdCu6AM.jpg

Overall, I am happy with the product. Battery life has definitely improved over the couple days I was using it. I am going to attach screenshots of the battery life I am getting, as well as pictures of the extended battery on the phone soon. If you have any questions, just leave a comment.
    Thanks.

d03627e6-b7a3-57d3.jpg
    d03627e6-b7cf-c8d7.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Now to find a white extended battery door.