Tab 4 7 heat from the lower part / the bottom

Search This thread

seaness

May 16, 2012
Hey

I just bought a galaxy tab 4 7 inches and am loving it , anyway while using it i realized that sometimes it warms up from the bottom of the device around the home button. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

smknutson

Apr 22, 2011
SD, USA
It's either the battery or the cpu, you're going to have some heat during operation, especially with that Marvell cpu, it has to work harder

Normal.

Sent from my SM-T330NU

seaness

May 16, 2012
It's either the battery or the cpu, you're going to have some heat during operation, especially with that Marvell cpu, it has to work harder

Normal.

Sent from my SM-T330NU

But the heat is from two different places, where one is near the camera (cpu) and the other one on the bottom which I have no clue what it is from.

Denaari

Jun 17, 2014
I get a lot of heat from the top/camera area. I figured It's just normal CPU heat since it always happens under load.

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Assuming the layout is the same as Tab 2 & 3 7's, which with out a doubt Samsung didnt change it, battery was on the right hand side, all other internals on the left. The battery runs the whole length of the tablet. From bottom of the camera down to the bottom of the screen and probably/roughly 2/3's width of the tab. So 99% chance youre feeling the battery which is normal.

Reactions: seaness

neromare

Jan 23, 2014
I had the 7" for a few days and noticed heat. But it is well within normal limits, and with a case you can't feel it at all. It will shut off before it over heats.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Same hear,you can feel a little bit of warmth after a hour of live hd streaming. But my phone gets ways more warm than the 7.0

seaness

May 16, 2012
I had the 7" for a few days and noticed heat. But it is well within normal limits, and with a case you can't feel it at all. It will shut off before it over heats.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Thanks, I was just trying to make sure that what I am facing is the norm.. And it would be great if someone else could also confirm that there is the warmth around the home button too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heat from battery discharge

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    Assuming the layout is the same as Tab 2 & 3 7's, which with out a doubt Samsung didnt change it, battery was on the right hand side, all other internals on the left. The battery runs the whole length of the tablet. From bottom of the camera down to the bottom of the screen and probably/roughly 2/3's width of the tab. So 99% chance youre feeling the battery which is normal.
    Do you have the same tablet?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sent from my HTC One_M8