[Q] help - unlocked, recovery wont flash

Search This thread

kdbrown5

Jul 7, 2010
So I have my bootloader unlocked, but for some reason I can't flash a recovery (CWM or TWRP). I've tried to flash recovery through fastboot using adb fastboot commands, mfastboot commands, and mototool aio. I've also tried to flash recovery through rom manager and rashr. ( I am rooted )

cmd: getvar:max-download--size
cmd: download:007b1800
cmd: flash:recovery
mismatched partition size (recovery)

I get
Whenever trying to enter recovery afterwards. I get the warning bootloader unlocked motorolla screen for .1s before going back to fastboot.

Can anyone point me towards what I should be doing please? Thank you

Last edited:

junglebungle

Feb 1, 2011
Is the phone being detected when you type "adb devices" in cmd window ?

If not you need to install correct and drivers, then in while in the boot loader type "fastboot flash recovery RECOVERYNAME.img" obviously you change it to your Recovery's image file and it has to be in the directory with adb and fastboot of course.

Sent from my Nexus 5

kdbrown5

Jul 7, 2010
Yes it is, it is detected as the phone boots ( it still boots to the stock rom ) and detected in fastboot as w ell.

edit:
to clarify, this is on 4.4.3 if it matters

kdbrown5

Jul 7, 2010
Yes it is, it is detected as the phone boots ( it still boots to the stock rom ) and detected in fastboot as w ell.

edit:
to clarify, this is on 4.4.3 if it matters

I guess I didn't look up as well as I should have. So even with an unlocked bootloader, there are no recoveries out for 4.4.3 ?

kdbrown5

Jul 7, 2010
I've tried like 5 recoveries so far. i just tried cwm 6.0.4.5 and now i can't even get into the bootloader, (adb reboot recovery, as well as holding recovery keys at phone turn on) just goes into the rom now. Does it sound like i have to recover everything to stock now?

Not sure that it matters, but I am rooted if that helps or gives you ideas for any other options

edit: through rom manager i was able to reflash the latest CWM and now i have bootloader access back. I still can't get into any recovery though.

Last edited:

nardow

May 25, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
I've tried like 5 recoveries so far. i just tried cwm 6.0.4.5 and now i can't even get into the bootloader, (adb reboot recovery, as well as holding recovery keys at phone turn on) just goes into the rom now. Does it sound like i have to recover everything to stock now?

Not sure that it matters, but I am rooted if that helps or gives you ideas for any other options

edit: through rom manager i was able to reflash the latest CWM and now i have bootloader access back. I still can't get into any recovery though.

You can try to go back to stock, and after, flash a custom recovery and see what happens

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kdbrown5

Jul 7, 2010
Ok, I guess I'll try that tomorrow. The thing I'm wondering is, If it doesn't work flashing through fastboot, outside of the ROM, how would reverting back to stock help at all? A stock flash shouldn't change the bootloader at all?