Someone is reading my SMS

Search This thread

sas69

Jul 26, 2008
Sofia
Hello guys. My phone is Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 with CM 11 official nightlies. For more than 6 months I know that someone that I know is reading my SMS but I don't know how. Every month when I receive a receipt for my mobile plan via SMS, he is contacting me on facebook(usually) and he tells me: "Hello buddy, do you know that you need to pay your mobile carier XXXXX", where XXXX is the exact amount that I received via SMS a couple of hours earlier. This is realy anoying because I receive confidential information as well as my personal chat. I know that I can go to the police and even sew him but I at least have some decency because he used to be a good friend of mine.
One thing that I can't explain to myself is that I used to use ParanoidAndroid, roughly 3-4 months ago and even tho I changed my Android OS to CM11 with all the neceserry factory and data resets, he still have access to my SMS. He never had access to my phone since the first time he told me what amount I need to pay to my carier.

I would greatly appreciate your help guys. Thanks.

bpyazel

Apr 8, 2010
If you've done a full wipe when switching roms, he isn't getting it from your phone. Most likely he knows your credentials to log into whatever carrier you have and is either looking there or has set it up to SMS his number too when you are billed.

Btw, police aren't going to be able to do anything other than contact him and ask him to stop. Without proof he's broken a law, they are pretty limited on what they can do (if you live in the US anyway).

Last edited:

Card83

May 3, 2011
Sacramento
If his location (Sofia) is correct, he is probably in Bulgaria.

Regardless,the first thing I would do is update your account information with your mobile carrier. Change your username, password, and email address if able.