[Q] New to Android and root,s-off,twrp

Search This thread

HeyNumbNutz

May 24, 2014
Hi, I was wondering if someone could explain how twrp works exactly when it comes to backup and restore, like what is the purpose of it, couldn't I just backup my device on htc sync manager? Also, how do you remove a flashed file (e.g. Harman Kardon system).

slogger001

Sep 24, 2013
Patna/Bihar/India
twrp backup whole rom

twrp recovery backup ur hole rom,when u restore backup files u will get exactly same ui (themes,apps with data settings etc l)ike u have done while backing up:cowboy:

Reactions: HeyNumbNutz

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Sync backups only backup your apps and data. TWRP allows you to selectively create images of your partitions which you can restore (called a nandroid).

Don't know what Harman Kardon is... If it's just an app, you can uninstall it normally. If it is a hack that changed system files, you would have to flash your rom again or restore a nandroid from before you flashed it.

adavit

Dec 6, 2009
Lima
There should be a disable zip in the harman kardon thread. Theoretically that should remove that and go back to boomsound.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp backup whole rom

twrp recovery backup ur hole rom,when u restore backup files u will get exactly same ui (themes,apps with data settings etc l)ike u have done while backing up:cowboy: