Htc one shuts down when run on battery, but stays on during charging.

Search This thread

samton99

Jan 10, 2014
Hello,

About 4 days ago I started having an issue where my HTC One M7, would just shut down randomly when not plugged in. I had installed ViperOne 6.2.1 and everything was working fine. I then tried to remove apps thinking this was the issue. There was no pattern to it. It just shuts down. I have to hold down the power button until the phone starts up. It would shut down at all different times and tasks that I might be doing. I thought maybe it was the battery, so I searched online and did the battery reset, maybe it was a calibration issue. What I did notice is every time the phone would fully charged but when it would shut down, I would then plug in the phone and start it up it would give a battery life of say 78%, or 48%, again no pattern. So I decided to reinstall the ROM. Tried that and still the same thing even with no apps installed, the phone would just shut down. The only way to get it on was to plug it in. THen I tried other ROMS, such as CM11 ROM, LiquidSmooth, i also tried Android HD Revoluton this one wont get past the HTC quietly brilliant screen, thats another issue. I did reinstalls while just wiping of data. Then I finally decided to format the whole and reinstall the CM11 mod. Still the same issue. The phone works fine as lonas its plugged in, this only happens when it is not plugged in.

I am assuming that the battery needs to be replaced. Since everything works fine while charged. I would like to ask others if this is the logical next step, or are there other steps that I could try.

Thanks in advance

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello,

About 4 days ago I started having an issue where my HTC One M7, would just shut down randomly when not plugged in. I had installed ViperOne 6.2.1 and everything was working fine. I then tried to remove apps thinking this was the issue. There was no pattern to it. It just shuts down. I have to hold down the power button until the phone starts up. It would shut down at all different times and tasks that I might be doing. I thought maybe it was the battery, so I searched online and did the battery reset, maybe it was a calibration issue. What I did notice is every time the phone would fully charged but when it would shut down, I would then plug in the phone and start it up it would give a battery life of say 78%, or 48%, again no pattern. So I decided to reinstall the ROM. Tried that and still the same thing even with no apps installed, the phone would just shut down. The only way to get it on was to plug it in. THen I tried other ROMS, such as CM11 ROM, LiquidSmooth, i also tried Android HD Revoluton this one wont get past the HTC quietly brilliant screen, thats another issue. I did reinstalls while just wiping of data. Then I finally decided to format the whole and reinstall the CM11 mod. Still the same issue. The phone works fine as lonas its plugged in, this only happens when it is not plugged in.

I am assuming that the battery needs to be replaced. Since everything works fine while charged. I would like to ask others if this is the logical next step, or are there other steps that I could try.

Thanks in advance

1. What recovery version # are you using?
  2. probably an hardware defect, you should try to go back to stock and see if it helps

samton99

Jan 10, 2014
I am using the following

TWRP 2.7.1.1
CM 11

I didn't mention but the phone is not 2 years old. I think its past the warranty.

I don't know hot get it back to stock. Haven't tried that yet! I will have to research and try that.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I am using the following

TWRP 2.7.1.1
CM 11

I didn't mention but the phone is not 2 years old. I think its past the warranty.

I don't know hot get it back to stock. Haven't tried that yet! I will have to research and try that.

2.7.1.1 is required to flash CM11 correctly but for ARHD you must use 2.6.3.3, You might want to try before returning to stock. If you want to return to stock, follow nkk71's guide linked in my signature.

The fact that your phone is not rebooting while plugged in makes me believe its an hardware issue :(