[KERNEL][I9000] Voodoo Galaxy S Gingerbread Kernel - JVY/JVZ/JW1/JW4/JW5/JW6/JW7/JW8

Search This thread

madrooster

Apr 13, 2011
Sydney
Added a build for XWJVN ROMs.

If you are in Australia on the Optus Gingerbread or Virgin Mobile Gingerbread, use this XWJVN build.

Last edited:

mmarius

Jun 6, 2010
Hi,

The mmblk0 on my SGS is fried.
Is there any way using this kernel to mount /sdcard and /data on external sdcard?
I have formatted it with 2 partition: 1-fat32, 2-ext4.

Thx,
Marius.

Heritz

Mar 21, 2011
www.dannyherran.com
I just flashed (2 days ago) XXJVR with re-partition and bootloaders via Odin, using the OXAJVQ CSC. I also installed the Voodoo lagfix for XXJVR. For some reason, I got the Android OS bug, linked to a orientationd process. Do you think this might be kernel related? Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Attachments

• SC20110830-233404.jpg
    SC20110830-233404.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 210
  • SC20110830-233356.jpg
    SC20110830-233356.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 219
  • SC20110830-233434.jpg
    SC20110830-233434.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 202

madrooster

Apr 13, 2011
Sydney
I just flashed (2 days ago) XXJVR with re-partition and bootloaders via Odin, using the OXAJVQ CSC. I also installed the Voodoo lagfix for XXJVR. For some reason, I got the Android OS bug, linked to a orientationd process. Do you think this might be kernel related? Any ideas of what could be wrong?

What rom did you come from? Did you do a factory reset also?

Orientationd is to do with the compass/gyrometer. Do you have auto rotate screen on?

Heritz

Mar 21, 2011
www.dannyherran.com
What rom did you come from? Did you do a factory reset also?

Orientationd is to do with the compass/gyrometer. Do you have auto rotate screen on?

Hi madrooster. I came from XXJVO 2.3.3 (which was driving me crazy also). Before flashing XXJVR, I did a factory reset and a battery pull. I also did the same -after- the flash. And yes, I have screen auto-rotation on.

I am asking here because I'd like to know if this is kernel related, since people in another post are pointing me in that direction. Have you experienced this battery drain issue with this kernel?

madrooster

Apr 13, 2011
Sydney
Hi madrooster. I came from XXJVO 2.3.3 (which was driving me crazy also). Before flashing XXJVR, I did a factory reset and a battery pull. I also did the same -after- the flash. And yes, I have screen auto-rotation on.

I am asking here because I'd like to know if this is kernel related, since people in another post are pointing me in that direction. Have you experienced this battery drain issue with this kernel?

You haven't been restoring things using Titanium Backup or similar have you? Sometimes Titanium restores an old file from a previous ROM...

Check any apps/games/keyboards etc. you have that make use of auto rotation.

No one else has reported this bug and after a lot of testing on my end, I've yet to see that bug occur. This would potentially indicate something you have running is causing the orientationd process to not allow the phone to sleep properly.

Keep in mind that these kernels are injected stock kernels in other words, built by Samsung and not built from sources like semaphore, galaxian, speedmod etc. so if the drain issue occurs in the Voodoo kernel, it would occur in the stock JVR kernel too.

Reactions: Heritz

Heritz

Mar 21, 2011
www.dannyherran.com
You haven't been restoring things using Titanium Backup or similar have you? Sometimes Titanium restores an old file from a previous ROM...

Check any apps/games/keyboards etc. you have that make use of auto rotation.

No one else has reported this bug and after a lot of testing on my end, I've yet to see that bug occur. This would potentially indicate something you have running is causing the orientationd process to not allow the phone to sleep properly.

Keep in mind that these kernels are injected stock kernels in other words, built by Samsung and not built from sources like semaphore, galaxian, speedmod etc. so if the drain issue occurs in the Voodoo kernel, it would occur in the stock JVR kernel too.

madrooster, actually I did. I use TitaniumBackup like mad. I restored all my apps+data via TB, so it's probably that. I am going to reflash again from scratch and install everything directly from the market.

Thank you man!

madrooster

Apr 13, 2011
Sydney
madrooster, actually I did. I use TitaniumBackup like mad. I restored all my apps+data via TB, so it's probably that. I am going to reflash again from scratch and install everything directly from the market.

Thank you man!

Some people swear by TB but it's not really a clean way to restore things. Go through the process of elimination and maybe restore some apps but not all and see if it happens.

If it doesn't happen, restore a few more. That'll tell you which app is bad.

Raider0001

Apr 26, 2011
I would love to have clean XXJVS kernel with voodoo sound and CIFS support - fingers crossed and waiting :rolleyes:

D'evil69

Sep 26, 2005
Bucharest
Thank you, madrooster!

I hope the XXJVS kernel will be as great as the XXJVR. I can't wait for its release...

L.E. Still waiting for the kernel...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts