[REPOSITORY] Android Harpoon mirror directory for the DInc2 (vivow)

Search This thread

revile

Nov 22, 2011
Maryland
Samsung Galaxy S10
With my time in the US limited and the prospect of having sporadic internet access for the next 2 years becoming a reality, I wanted to ensure my project had a resting place in these forums.

What is Android Harpoon? It's a project repository, aka a mirror, for developer projects and utilities. When I first joined xda I noticed a lot of folks who would request an obscure file and someone else would have to dig through their archives and upload it to mediafire or something. So using my preexisting web server for my now defunct company (pcharpoon), I began to upload various files for people and provide links. Very soon thereafter goo.im crashed and lost many roms and other projects that developers had uploaded. Realizing I had many of the files on hand, I went to work designing a basic interface so they could have a static link on the internet again. I also began contacting devs and requesting to add their work to help build the site. Fast forward 6 months and I finally feel the site is rounded enough to publish here.
A big shoutout to CS, Evan, Rush, and Tazz.. they were extremely helpful in the early stages and to all the other devs that have signed on since :D

I will continue to update up until my departure in early June. After that the site will go cold but the servers will remain active until I get back in August of 2015.

And now for some statistics (will be updated monthly):

The following statistics represent January 1, 2013 - March 15, 2013
- The site has received 1,836 unique visitors, encompassing 28,027 hits and using 791.07 GBs of bandwidth.

- Monday is the most active day averaging 80 pages views and 19GBs of bandwidth. Wednesday saw the least traffic with only an average of 45 pages and 5.03 GBs transfer.

- The Incredible 2 has wide international adoption. Here is a list of the top countries accessing the site:
ksaGiEH.jpg

- Here are the top 10 downloads for 2013:
8e6qMiu.jpg

- OS breakdown:
wGGWbeA.jpg

- Browser breakdown:
KEzjOx7.jpg

As always, salutations and regards my brethren :beer:
-revile

Last edited:

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
Have you checked out sites like duda? You can make any page mobile. They have free and paid options. Not sure if that would work for you, but it's a thought.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: revile

revile

Nov 22, 2011
Maryland
Samsung Galaxy S10

Rushead

May 18, 2012
L.A., CA
Revile Rules!!!

Sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky....

Reactions: revile

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
There's something missing from that screenshot...I can't quite put my finger on it.

Clippy.jpg

Also...Mods, this needs to be a sticky.

revile

Nov 22, 2011
Maryland
Samsung Galaxy S10
Need some help deciding on a color scheme for the mobile site/app. I decided to patch something together in dreamweaver using mobile dimensions.

What do you guys like? Attached is the basic layout.

Didn't realize CS6 came with an app builder too so I'll give that a go once the site is designed. Once complete I should submit the app to the iOS appstore and see what they say :laugh:

Attachments

• mobile_dev.jpg
    mobile_dev.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Steve One

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With my time in the US limited and the prospect of having sporadic internet access for the next 2 years becoming a reality, I wanted to ensure my project had a resting place in these forums.

What is Android Harpoon? It's a project repository, aka a mirror, for developer projects and utilities. When I first joined xda I noticed a lot of folks who would request an obscure file and someone else would have to dig through their archives and upload it to mediafire or something. So using my preexisting web server for my now defunct company (pcharpoon), I began to upload various files for people and provide links. Very soon thereafter goo.im crashed and lost many roms and other projects that developers had uploaded. Realizing I had many of the files on hand, I went to work designing a basic interface so they could have a static link on the internet again. I also began contacting devs and requesting to add their work to help build the site. Fast forward 6 months and I finally feel the site is rounded enough to publish here.
    A big shoutout to CS, Evan, Rush, and Tazz.. they were extremely helpful in the early stages and to all the other devs that have signed on since :D

I will continue to update up until my departure in early June. After that the site will go cold but the servers will remain active until I get back in August of 2015.

And now for some statistics (will be updated monthly):

The following statistics represent January 1, 2013 - March 15, 2013
    - The site has received 1,836 unique visitors, encompassing 28,027 hits and using 791.07 GBs of bandwidth.

- Monday is the most active day averaging 80 pages views and 19GBs of bandwidth. Wednesday saw the least traffic with only an average of 45 pages and 5.03 GBs transfer.

- The Incredible 2 has wide international adoption. Here is a list of the top countries accessing the site:
    ksaGiEH.jpg

- Here are the top 10 downloads for 2013:
    8e6qMiu.jpg

- OS breakdown:
    wGGWbeA.jpg

- Browser breakdown:
    KEzjOx7.jpg

As always, salutations and regards my brethren :beer:
    -revile
    Greetings my friends, from Lesotho, Africa.

I wanted to update everyone in case they were wondering why I haven't posted any updates as of late. As some of you know, I'm currently on 27 month tour in Lesotho, Africa with the US Peace Corps. Internet is available here in the form of the EDGE network and 3G in some spots. Unfortunately this is not enough to be able to adequately maintain the site. So I'm going to have to put it on hiatus for a little while. I might visit the states again in which I might be able to give a sweeping update.. but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

Thanks for all the support in keeping the site alive.

I'm happy to report I'm still using the unlocked vivow here in Lesotho, running nit's unofficial cm7 on GSM. It's awesome. If any of you are curious as to what I'm doing here, I have a blog setup at http://blog.pcharpoon.com I'll be publishing my first post from in-country in a couple days.

Long live the vivow!

Best regards
    The people who use IE, especially 6 probably have all dem toolbars too...

Like this?
    Le4zILw.jpg

Have you checked out sites like duda? You can make any page mobile. They have free and paid options. Not sure if that would work for you, but it's a thought.

I haven't heard of duda before. I'll check it out and give it a whirl, thanks bud
    Hurray! It got pinned! :D
    I thank you

I seriously thank you for having the site up. Its helped me find the little things that make a big difference.