[Q] Okay Google Now not enabled

Search This thread

Nick123194

Sep 15, 2013
For some reason the home screen on my google now for the latest omnirom build isn't enable. It doesn't have the "Okay Google Now" inside the google search bar. Is it something to do with the gapps I downloaded?

Tsukasa Buddha

Jul 11, 2013
It has to do with the installed language, I think. The workaround is to uninstall and then reinstall your Google Search, or move it from system app to user app, and back. I had success with the first option. Then I had to uninstall and reinstall GEL to get it to recognise the new Search and not hang at the end of the boot.

Reactions: AKdballs

Scorp7867

Apr 27, 2012
It has to do with the installed language, I think. The workaround is to uninstall and then reinstall your Google Search, or move it from system app to user app, and back. I had success with the first option. Then I had to uninstall and reinstall GEL to get it to recognise the new Search and not hang at the end of the boot.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling google search and lost my desktop it reverted back to stock. How would I go about moving the app from/system to /usr and back? Where is the.apk located?

Thanks

Tsukasa Buddha

Jul 11, 2013
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling google search and lost my desktop it reverted back to stock. How would I go about moving the app from/system to /usr and back? Where is the.apk located?

Thanks

You mean the your homescreen setup? Yeah. sorry I forgot to tell you that would happen. The important question is, did it fix hotword? Also, sometimes the text disappears but the mic is filled in as still functions. Be on the watch for that behavior as well.

As for system/user app converting, I have always used Titanium Backup for that.

Scorp7867

Apr 27, 2012
You mean the your homescreen setup? Yeah. sorry I forgot to tell you that would happen. The important question is, did it fix hotword? Also, sometimes the text disappears but the mic is filled in as still functions. Be on the watch for that behavior as well.

As for system/user app converting, I have always used Titanium Backup for that.

No it didn't...I'll try titanium backup... np I always have a current back up...

Thanks

Nick123194

Sep 15, 2013
Yeah I think I might have had chrome beta installed

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fixed

Thank you Tsukasa Buddha-- I used the second option with Titanium Backup to convert it from a system app to a user app and then back and it is now working properly on my sgh-i337m Galaxy S4. You're the best!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.