[Q] Weird download issues arise (not carrier/wifi related)

Search This thread

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
Heres an uncommon problem, little by little I've noticed my LS980's browser based download capabilities deteriorating. What do I mean? Well back when I first had it, it would download anything from the web, and clicking on it would take you to the little download app ALL Androids have. Lately, I've been forced to download using ES File Explorer's built-in downloader. A download page will load up but not begin to download. Now its not my internet connection as i reach a stable 1 megabyte to 2 per second on most downloads, and its not the websites either as many of these websites ive downloaded from since i first got my G2. The OTHER wierd thing is that when a download does fail, clicking it from the notification bar slide down wont take me to the download app. I have no mods installed on my ORIGINAL stock 4.4.2 ZVC rom except root and custom recovery (TWRP 2.7.0.0) as i like to test roms until i find one i like. Could it be something in restoring the nandroid backup when returning from a rom to stock? I always wipe everything needed before flashing and when restoring.

Ironically, i also own a white (pure stock) D802 on 4.4.2 (which caught the dreaded dead spot on the screen) and that one likes to DOUBLE downloads, one will be a dead copy worth no KB's while the other will be the actual.

Maybe software related? Factory reset? Flash back to stock via computer? My G2's just hate me?

I want some suggestions, or feedback from others with similar issues so I know its not just me.

JrSmilez

Mar 15, 2013
Monroe
I'm having the exact same problem. I almost thought I was reading about my phone when I saw this. I hope someone can help with this. I'm stumped. :confused:

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
I'm having the exact same problem. I almost thought I was reading about my phone when I saw this. I hope someone can help with this. I'm stumped. :confused:

I have owned (NO LIE) about a total of 9 G2s, one which was the D802 i mentioned here, the rest which were LS980. Almost half of the G2s have had this issue. Ive also noticed that the ones that have had it also have the "the process com.gapps.blablabla has stopped working" message once after boot. That error message is related to the Downloads app, which makes it a coincidence.

This is no doubt software related.

JrSmilez

Mar 15, 2013
Monroe
I have owned (NO LIE) about a total of 9 G2s, one which was the D802 i mentioned here, the rest which were LS980. Almost half of the G2s have had this issue. Ive also noticed that the ones that have had it also have the "the process com.gapps.blablabla has stopped working" message once after boot. That error message is related to the Downloads app, which makes it a coincidence.

This is no doubt software related.

Just curious what ROM are you currently on and what were you on before? I have a theory that its related to the kernel issue. By that I mean if you go from zvd to zvc you can loose knock on.
That being said I has sprint(could be part of the issue too) update/refresh on there end and so far it seems to make a difference. Time will tell.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
1..uninstall es file explorer, then reinstall.. this will remove the default and you will be given a choice on what to download with

2..use opera to download stuff when other browsers fail, Firefox can be good too

JrSmilez

Mar 15, 2013
Monroe
Just curious what ROM are you currently on and what were you on before? I have a theory that its related to the kernel issue. By that I mean if you go from zvd to zvc you can loose knock on.
That being said I have sprint(could be part of the issue too) update/refresh on there end and so far it seems to make a difference. Time will tell.

Edit: just an interesting fact about this whole thing. It will just sit there when I try to download something, but if I reboot the phone it will download whatever it is. Discovered that by accident.