How to Cook a Rom

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay after reading through a few threads on XDA I thought I might take a stab at writing a Simple tutorial of the knowledge I know of cooking a rom

Step 1: Download a kitchen of your choice I think the Kitchens from Matt are the best to use only my recommendion
    Step 2: Download the OEM packages you'll need..Leave them in a different folder then the Kitchen right now..
    Step 3: Make a OEM folder in the kitchen folder if theres not one already and place it in the kitchen folder
    Step 4: Take the OEM packages from the desktop and drag the ones needed for your rom
    Step 5: Click Build OS check the files your going to have in your ROM to be built..if it errors look at where it errored and check the OEM package to see if it meets the standered below
    Step 6: Now add any thing you need to edit in the dump or replace files (EX: Welcome Screen, themes, initflashfiles.dat file ect)
    Step 7: Now run the CreateROM.bat once finished you'll have a new file in the temp folder
    Step 8: In the kitchen there will be a nb2nbf_wizard.exe if not search the forums..open that model ID will say Wizard.. change the language to WWE then on the bottom you'll see empty fields..those are self explanatory pick OS for the ROM then locate the file in the TEMP folder of the Kitchen
    Step 9: Now once its finished translating where ever the output direction was it will be your file to flash, now move that to the RUU and flash and say Hello to your own Cooked rom

PS Steps will varies from Kitchen to kitchen but this covers the jist of basic ones

nows for the complex parts how to make an OEM package...Information from double_ofour

Step 1: Vist http://www.famkruithof.net/uuid/uuidgen the Create UUIDs of another type should be set to Version 4: random then a code like this "6bfb7458-6a83-450a-9da5-b5feabba8335" will be made
    Step 2: make the code the name of the 2 text files you have in the OEM package folder, Change one Text file extension to RGU and the other DSM
    Step 3: now the RGU is where the Reg hacks are the first line MUST be REGEDIT4 then you list your Reg hacks.. in the formate like this
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MASD]
    "TaskManager"="1_5_29968_1"
    Step 4: Leave a space after the last reg hack and save as UNICODE
    Step 5: add any files to the OEM package Folder they will be put in the /Windows directory
    to make an extension into the programs folder you should edit the initflashfiles.dat

How to edit the initflashfiles- Should be done between useing the Build OS and Create Rom
    Step 1: open the file with note pad
    Step 2: remove any lines that aren't needed..sometimes you'll see likes to create a folder for a shortcut when your not using the program
    Step 3: add a line to create a shortcut for a program from your own OEM package...Most packages here already do it for you

sigh I'm tired of typing but theres a basic out line of what cooking a rom consists of..feel free to add anything I might of missed

Just thought I'd help out anyone looking to cook a rom and needs a little guide

Please don't ask for help here..I'm not text support..I think there shoul dbe one thread for all cooking questions..you guys could even use the thread when i asked for help

PS again thanks to all the people here at XDA that made cooking simple easy even ifs making a OEM pack or a fix or even a kitchen thank you all