WPA Supplicant full compatible with 2.3.5 and ad hoc networks

Search This thread

tapioco2000

May 18, 2011
NEEDS ROOT!

Here it is a compatible wpa_supplicant for 2.3.5
tested and working with yp g70 2.3.5 and x10 mini 2.1 with barnacle.
Probably it works with symbian (joikuspot) and windows 6.5 wifi tethering

don’t forgot to backup your original wpa_supplicant file!!!

Transfer the wpa_supplicant file to your phone SD card.
Now copy wpa_supplicant file to /system/bin folder using root explorer (select R/W read and write)
reboot and test it!

AnDruid

Aug 20, 2009
NEEDS ROOT!

Now copy wpa_supplicant file to /system/bin folder using root explorer (select R/W read and write)
reboot and test it!
Nice. This works on my Galaxy S2 running AndroidMeda 4.47 with an adhoc wifi hosted off my Ubuntu laptop.

Btw tapioco2000 can you tell how you got hold of this file, just to know the source a sensitive binary I am running after all that CareerIQ hooplah?

ZaIINN

Dec 28, 2011
When I tried this is broke my WiFi for my device (Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0), I was able to fix it by returning the original file though.

Any reason why it didn't work ? =(

Ad-hoc support is very, very important to me in order to have my SGP functioning to my needs.

Thanks!

~ Zane

tapioco2000

May 18, 2011
When I tried this is broke my WiFi for my device (Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0), I was able to fix it by returning the original file though.

Any reason why it didn't work ? =(

Ad-hoc support is very, very important to me in order to have my SGP functioning to my needs.

Thanks!

~ Zane

I don't know why, in my galaxy 5 it works like a charm.

do you have froyo or gingerbread?

This wpa is tested ONLY with gingerbread.

wacottin

Jan 1, 2012
NEEDS ROOT!

reboot and test it!

great!
It works very well with (G70 - 2.3.5 - root) and (C6 Nokia - JoikuSpot).
thanks tapioco2000

ZaIINN

Dec 28, 2011
Tried it again and it worked! Not sure why it didn't the first time, but it's working smoothly. Now I can connect my Galaxy Player 5 anywhere I go... rather tedious but possible now =)

(I tether my non-smartphone to my iPod Touch via Bluetooth, then output the 3G connection through the iPod Touch's wireless as an adhoc connection)

Now just need to find a way to tether my non-smartphone to the Galaxy directly as I do with iBluever on my iPod touch.

tapioco2000

May 18, 2011
Tried it again and it worked! Not sure why it didn't the first time, but it's working smoothly. Now I can connect my Galaxy Player 5 anywhere I go... rather tedious but possible now =)

(I tether my non-smartphone to my iPod Touch via Bluetooth, then output the 3G connection through the iPod Touch's wireless as an adhoc connection)

Now just need to find a way to tether my non-smartphone to the Galaxy directly as I do with iBluever on my iPod touch.

Ibluever is a great app.

If you have an android phone (with minimum 2.2) you could try Autotether, it's similar to ibluever, but it works only with android.

ZaIINN

Dec 28, 2011
Ibluever is a great app.

If you have an android phone (with minimum 2.2) you could try Autotether, it's similar to ibluever, but it works only with android.

Hmm i'll look into that then! It's a Samsung phone called the "Samsung Mythic" so it's not android, but it has the ability to DUN connect to both the iPod Touch and computers with a Bluetooth chip-- hopefully i'll find something at some point haha

Thanks again for the ad-hoc trick!

tapioco2000

May 18, 2011
Hmm i'll look into that then! It's a Samsung phone called the "Samsung Mythic" so it's not android, but it has the ability to DUN connect to both the iPod Touch and computers with a Bluetooth chip-- hopefully i'll find something at some point haha

Thanks again for the ad-hoc trick!

Do you use MyWi to output the 3G connection through the iPod Touch's wireless as an adhoc connection for G70? Or another program?

zorainz

Apr 15, 2011
please help

NEEDS ROOT!

reboot and test it!

i placed this file in the bin folder accidently deleted the original file.. i didnt realize my android version is gingerbread 2.3.6 not 2.3.5.. now my wifi doesnt even scan non adhoc networks. it just keeps scanning for networks.. my cell is galaxy Y 5360.ive tried hard reset and everything.. i dont know what to do now.. can anyone help me .. post the original wpa_supplicant for my device.. i would be thankful.. kindly help me out. as i bought my cell only yesterday n not looking forward to pay extra cash to get it fixed..

xeuzan

Feb 1, 2012
great!
It works very well with (G70 - 2.3.5 - root) and (C6 Nokia - JoikuSpot).
thanks tapioco2000

hye, im using samsung galaxy W rooted 2.3.5 n try to connect it with my Nokia E71 Joikuspot. can u help me ? coz i try everything but it still not connecting. Btw, i already place the wpa but still didnt work. Help please?

Edit - Nvm. Its working now. Thank u!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

OoliteFlight

Apr 26, 2012
Please help!!!

NEEDS ROOT!

reboot and test it!

I tried it and my device still can't to wifi:(

I tried to use the original file and it still doesnt work!

Please help!

PhunkyPunk

Apr 30, 2012
Huawei Ideos x3

Just to let you know, I am desperately seeking a solution to adhoc connectivity, so I tried your supplicant file on my rooted Huawei (U8510) Ideos X3 (gingerbread 2.3.5) with high hopes...

Unfortunately - no joy (wifi scanning finds no access points and shuts itself off after a few seconds)... Any idea why please?

(I haven't "broken" anything, it was no problem to restore a backup of the wpa file... so - no panic!)

How do I go about tweaking this wpa_supplicant file myself? (I may be a n00b on this forum, but i'm a chap with 30 years in the industry.... C++, HTML, PHP, Vis. Basic etc... ALL the usual suspects ;))

I greatly appreciate ANY light anyone can shed on this issue (in advance)...

ZaIINN

Dec 28, 2011
Just to let you know, I am desperately seeking a solution to adhoc connectivity, so I tried your supplicant file on my rooted Huawei (U8510) Ideos X3 (gingerbread 2.3.5) with high hopes...

Unfortunately - no joy (wifi scanning finds no access points and shuts itself off after a few seconds)... Any idea why please?

(I haven't "broken" anything, it was no problem to restore a backup of the wpa file... so - no panic!)

How do I go about tweaking this wpa_supplicant file myself? (I may be a n00b on this forum, but i'm a chap with 30 years in the industry.... C++, HTML, PHP, Vis. Basic etc... ALL the usual suspects ;))

I'm going to assume this is the problem...

Click on your wpa_supplicant file, go to properties (I'd suggest doing this on the device itself) and enable R/W/X for the file. Make sure ALL of them are enabled. (Read, Write, Executable).

Let me know if this solves your issue!

Reactions: PhunkyPunk

PhunkyPunk

Apr 30, 2012

Click on your wpa_supplicant file, go to properties (I'd suggest doing this on the device itself) and enable R/W/X for the file. Make sure ALL of them are enabled. (Read, Write, Executable).

I had already tried CHMODing the file, but followed your advice anyway and recopied the file applying a CHMOD 777 (ALL), to no avail - same result as before...

(but thanks anyway)

ZaIINN

Dec 28, 2011
I had already tried CHMODing the file, but followed your advice anyway and recopied the file applying a CHMOD 777 (ALL), to no avail - same result as before...

(but thanks anyway)

If you haven't modified anything else... using the original file + allowing R/W/X should fix it 100%. I even "broke it" to where it wouldn't stay enabled for more than like 5 seconds to test it. Try editing it with ES Explorer and make sure your in the right directory as there are multiple wpa_supplicant files throughout the root of the device.

PhunkyPunk

Apr 30, 2012
If you haven't modified anything else... using the original file + allowing R/W/X should fix it 100%. I even "broke it" to where it wouldn't stay enabled for more than like 5 seconds to test it. Try editing it with ES Explorer and make sure your in the right directory as there are multiple wpa_supplicant files throughout the root of the device.

I find it is no problem to replace my original wpa_supplicant file over these modified ones, restoring my original functionality, making nearby protected hotspots visible again... ;)

Furthermore, this file should be going to /system/bin/ I believe?

I use ES explorer (nice) but couldn't edit either the original supplicant file, nor subsequent versions on my handset.... maybe on a pc? But - what am I looking for within the file?

What to edit?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEEDS ROOT!

reboot and test it!