CM11 Problems

Search This thread

Smithy5995

Nov 12, 2013
I've just this minute flashed the latest CM11 zip file on my SIII through the CM update in the settings and I was surprised to see that it was relatively slower than other updates and there was also a lot of screen tearing and juttering when going from app to app and scrolling down the screen.
Anyway, the problem occurred when I tried going to back to an older version, it successfully installed the older version without a hitch but the problem is that the home screen UI crashes every time I press the home button. I can do everything else on my phone, I can pull down the notification pane and gain access to all the tiles there and if I get a facebook notification for example, I can load up facebook but as soon as I press the home button I get a message saying 'Unfortunately, Trebuchet has stopped.'
I know there are always problems when reverting back to a previous version but I was wondering if there would be an easy way to fix this without having to factory reset my phone.

EDIT - I just updated back to the latest version and the home screen UI is back but I don't really want to be on this version as it is laggy so if there's a way to use an older version without the home screen error then I'm all ears.

As you can see with the screenshot, I have the settings open which I opened through the tiles pane but trying to press the home button will result in that message popping up every time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-02-14-35-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-02-14-35-04.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,963
Last edited:

Moster2

Apr 20, 2012
I've just this minute flashed the latest CM11 zip file on my SIII through the CM update in the settings and I was surprised to see that it was relatively slower than other updates and there was also a lot of screen tearing and juttering when going from app to app and scrolling down the screen.
Anyway, the problem occurred when I tried going to back to an older version, it successfully installed the older version without a hitch but the problem is that the home screen UI crashes every time I press the home button. I can do everything else on my phone, I can pull down the notification pane and gain access to all the tiles there and if I get a facebook notification for example, I can load up facebook but as soon as I press the home button I get a message saying 'Unfortunately, Trebuchet has stopped.'
I know there are always problems when reverting back to a previous version but I was wondering if there would be an easy way to fix this without having to factory reset my phone.

EDIT - I just updated back to the latest version and the home screen UI is back but I don't really want to be on this version as it is laggy so if there's a way to use an older version without the home screen error then I'm all ears.

As you can see with the screenshot, I have the settings open which I opened through the tiles pane but trying to press the home button will result in that message popping up every time.

Just go back to a nightly where it didnt crash and you have a smooth UI. There is no problem with that. Dirty flashing works in both directions

Smithy5995

Nov 12, 2013
Just go back to a nightly where it didnt crash and you have a smooth UI. There is no problem with that. Dirty flashing works in both directions

That what I did do. I was using cm-11-20140131 then I updated to cm-11-20140202 which was laggy so I reverted back to cm-11-20140131 which was working before the update and this is where I encountered the home screen UI crash

Moster2

Apr 20, 2012
That what I did do. I was using cm-11-20140131 then I updated to cm-11-20140202 which was laggy so I reverted back to cm-11-20140131 which was working before the update and this is where I encountered the home screen UI crash

Try another nightly. If you can open the settings, go to apps and look for the launcher. Clear its data and cache then

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Smithy5995

keegygti

Dec 18, 2011
Im having exact same problem, I can access to apps from my lock screen but when I go to homescreen, thats when "Unfortunately, Trebuchet has stopped"... I went to recovery mode to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache and same error and tried to reflash old nightly and nothing is working. I cant access to setting from my homescreen.. any other ideas?

hugehead83

Feb 4, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel C
Moto X4
Im having exact same problem, I can access to apps from my lock screen but when I go to homescreen, thats when "Unfortunately, Trebuchet has stopped"... I went to recovery mode to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache and same error and tried to reflash old nightly and nothing is working. I cant access to setting from my homescreen.. any other ideas?

Same, with my GS4. Tried going back a few nightlies and back to the M release, but Trebuchet (or Launcher3) keep crashing even after wiping caches. I'm actually looking under Settings > Apps > All and don't see Launcher/Trebuchet anywhere...

Last edited:

keegygti

Dec 18, 2011
Same, with my GS4. Tried going back a few nightlies and back to the M release, but Trebuchet (or Launcher3) keep crashing even after wiping caches. I'm actually looking under Settings > Apps > All and don't see Launcher/Trebuchet anywhere...

I got it figured out, try to swipe notification bar down From messaging or even on homescreen and then go to settings with other icons and then when your in settings go to apps then all apps and go to trebuchet app info and clear out data and that should work!!! I fixed mine

Reactions: hugehead83

hugehead83

Feb 4, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel C
Moto X4
I got it figured out, try to swipe notification bar down From messaging or even on homescreen and then go to settings with other icons and then when your in settings go to apps then all apps and go to trebuchet app info and clear out data and that should work!!! I fixed mine

Thanks--that did it! Trebuchet wasn't there for a while, but then it surfaced... or I'm blind :)

claud001

Feb 8, 2012
Thanks--that did it! Trebuchet wasn't there for a while, but then it surfaced... or I'm blind :)

This worked for me: Clearing data and cache

Pull down power menu and select settings

Method 1: Clearing data and cache
Go to system settings >> Apps>>Open “All” tab>>Select Trebuchet
Click Force Close>>Clear data and Clear cache of Trebuchet
Restart the phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try another nightly. If you can open the settings, go to apps and look for the launcher. Clear its data and cache then

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app