Australian Owners of Optimus G Pro HELP

Search This thread

djfunktrip

Jun 15, 2013
Thought i'd start this thread so australian owners of this phone can help each other out.

I bought this phone & had it shipped to AUS at a cost of about $290 AUD. The phone is to replace my Galaxy note 2 that got smashed.

At half the price i originally paid for the GN2 it seemed like a good deal!.

However when i got it i realised it is actually a refurb & its is also pre-rooted

However I can't get it to detect any sim that has been installed, tried TELSTRA 3g & 4g sims - Also tried Optus sim, no detecting of sim.

The specs/details of this phone are:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<response req_cmd="auth_model_check" status="OK">
<auth_model_check>
<result>OK</result>
<esn>3550............</esn>
<model>LGF240L</model>
<suffix>ALGTWH</suffix>
<msn>304KPDT.........</msn>
<esn_date/>
<sw_version>F240L20F_00</sw_version>
<sw_url>
http://pkg02.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW456895432109876543213/F240L20f_00.kdz
</sw_url>
<sw_locale_url/>
<sw_recommand_uri/>
<app_version/>
<app_url/>
<cs_em_flag>N</cs_em_flag>
<cs_em_uri>N</cs_em_uri>
<chip_type>EG</chip_type>
<prod_type>CDMA</prod_type>
</auth_model_check>
</response>

BASEBAND VERSION
APQ8064T/MDM9X15M

BUILD NUMBER
JZ054K-XMX

SOFTWARE VERSION
LG-F240-EUR

It has clockworkMod Recovery v6.0.2.8 installed.

> I figured I would try to go back to stock and install KITKAT. I tried to use the method here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2420219 but, it didn't work.

> So what should i try next?

> my goal is to have KITKAT (rooted OR not don't care)
> but just want it to detect the sim cards!

DO I NEED TO MESS AROUND WITH MODEMS OR BASEBANDS OR KERNELS? if so what should i try first?

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
Thought i'd start this thread so australian owners of this phone can help each other out.

I bought this phone & had it shipped to AUS at a cost of about $290 AUD. The phone is to replace my Galaxy note 2 that got smashed.

However when i got it i realised it is actually a refurb & its is also pre-rooted

However I can't get it to detect any sim that has been installed, tried TELSTRA 3g & 4g sims - Also tried Optus sim, no detecting of sim.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<auth_model_check>
<result>OK</result>
<model>LGF240L</model>
<suffix>ALGTWH</suffix>
<esn_date/>
<sw_url>
http://pkg02.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW456895432109876543213/F240L20f_00.kdz
</sw_url>
<sw_locale_url/>
<sw_recommand_uri/>
<app_version/>
<app_url/>
<cs_em_uri>N</cs_em_uri>
</auth_model_check>
</response>

BASEBAND VERSION
APQ8064T/MDM9X15M

BUILD NUMBER
JZ054K-XMX

SOFTWARE VERSION
LG-F240-EUR

> I figured I would try to go back to stock and install KITKAT. I tried to use the method here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2420219 but, it didn't work.

DO I NEED TO MESS AROUND WITH MODEMS OR BASEBANDS OR KERNELS? if so what should i try first?

Hi. As I see, your G PRO is Korean. Such as F240 is for Korean versions. However, it may have been converted to Korean for the KitKat ROM. You mean SIM is not being detected, that it says SERVICE DISABLED? If so, Try this:

1. Flash KDZ of Mexico from here: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW826486573210987654321/E980H10A_00.kdz
2. Then flash your desired KDZ.

This worked for me so, feel free to try it!

djfunktrip

Jun 15, 2013
Hi. As I see, your G PRO is Korean. Such as F240 is for Korean versions. However, it may have been converted to Korean for the KitKat ROM. You mean SIM is not being detected, that it says SERVICE DISABLED? If so, Try this:

1. Flash KDZ of Mexico from here: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW826486573210987654321/E980H10A_00.kdz
2. Then flash your desired KDZ.

This worked for me so, feel free to try it!

I think the phone is definitely F240, well that's what the stickers says on the inside & what is reported by the IMEI checking link.
So maybe not a good idea putting E980 firmware??

EDIT: constant message on screen saying "check the USIM card is installed. cell phone function is limited"

Last edited:

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
I think the phone is definitely F240, well that's what the stickers says on the inside & what is reported by the IMEI checking link.
So maybe not a good idea putting E980 firmware??

EDIT: constant message on screen saying "check the USIM card is installed. cell phone function is limited"

Even though the SIM is inserted it displays that message?

djfunktrip

Jun 15, 2013
Yes, i tried two different sims. same message.... the phone doesn't seem to recognize any australian sim

djfunktrip

Jun 15, 2013
These are the freq available on different Australian mobile networks
2G

2G, other wise known as GSM, is standard on almost all phones (except CDMA phones in the USA). Most new phones come with quad band GSM support. A quad band GSM phone supports 850, 900, 1800, and 1900MHz.

2G is old technology and provides a fall back position when 3G coverage is unavailable.

Australian 2G bands:

900Mhz (Telstra, Optus & Vodafone)
1800Mhz (Telstra, Optus & Vodafone)
3G

There are several 3G networks operating in Australia. 3G frequencies are usually specified as UMTS/HSDPA or WCDMA frequencies on the mobile phone specifications.

Australian 3G bands:

850MHz (Telstra, Vodafone) – Exclusive 3G band
900MHz (Optus, Vodafone) – available in most metro areas on Optus, with both Optus and Vodafone re-farming the 2G 900 spectrum in regional and rural areas
2100MHz (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone) – Exclusive 3G band
4G

Australia is currently using these LTE bands (LTE bandmask in brackets):

2100Mhz (B1) FDD (0000000000000001) – Telstra (3G spectrum)
1800Mhz (B3) FDD (0000000000000004) – Telstra, Optus, Vodafone
900Mhz (B8) FDD (0000000000000080) – Telstra, Vodafone?, Optus (utilises spectrum previously used by 2G)
2300Mhz (B40) TDD (0000008000000000) – Optus (Vivid wireless spectrum)
To follow late 2014:

2600Mhz (B7) FDD (0000000000000040) – Telstra, Optus, TPG?
700Mhz (B28) FDD (0000000008000000) – Telstra, Optus

This is what the F240 Optimus G Pro supports.
GSM-1800; GSM-1900; GSM-900; UMTS(3G)-2100; UMTS(3G)-1900; LTE(4G)-2100; LTE(4G)-850

CHECK YOUR PHONE HERE: http://checkphone.australianphone.com.au/

So looks likes optus is the best bet for anyone wanting a F240

However I cant get any sim to detect so it must be a hardware faults, any good way to test hardware?

pahealey

Mar 3, 2012
Kiama
so no one in aus seems to use this phone.... can someone tell me why?
I have the same problem. I bought F240L version for US$127 ( Extremely Cheap). The phone initially worked with my Optus Sim. However, it developed a Wifi problem (wouldn't connect on second day of ownership) so I flashed F240 Kitkat stock rom (And F240 Lollipop stock ROM) using LG flash tool2014 to see if this fixed wifi (It Didn't) and stopped phone recognising the SIM. I can't find a KDZ version of F240-EUR. So my phone now has neither wifi or network. I think the phone is fast and looks great but I think Australian's should avoid it as the network problem seems common if phone is updated. My son also has one which works ok on Stock Jellybean. I tried to restore a CWM backup from his phone on my phone but CWM reported a MD5 error and aborted. Anyway I have probably got my US$127 worth of fiddle value, but hate to see such a lovely phone reduced to toy status only.

Additionally: I have managed to restore F240-EUR Stock rom but the Network and Wifi still don't work. The Network did work originally on this Rom. I don't know why it now doesn't. AVOID THESE PHONES IN AUSTRALIA.

Last edited:

krishna13

Sep 16, 2012

<auth_model_check>
<result>OK</result>
<model>LGF240L</model>
<suffix>ALGTWH</suffix>
<esn_date/>
<sw_url>
</sw_url>
<sw_locale_url/>
<sw_recommand_uri/>
<app_version/>
<app_url/>
<cs_em_uri>N</cs_em_uri>
</auth_model_check>
</response>

BASEBAND VERSION
APQ8064T/MDM9X15M

BUILD NUMBER
JZ054K-XMX

SOFTWARE VERSION
LG-F240-EUR

hi.i had the same issue.my phn also showing f240-eur and im unable to find if its f240 S/k/l.even i have a touch issue.i should touch on an icon 2 times inorder the phone to recognise my touch.so is the touch problem is with the European rom? i need kitkat or lolliopo.if u found a solution,pls help me.

krishna13

Sep 16, 2012

<auth_model_check>
<result>OK</result>
<model>LGF240L</model>
<suffix>ALGTWH</suffix>
<esn_date/>
<sw_url>
</sw_url>
<sw_locale_url/>
<sw_recommand_uri/>
<app_version/>
<app_url/>
<cs_em_uri>N</cs_em_uri>
</auth_model_check>
</response>

BASEBAND VERSION
APQ8064T/MDM9X15M

BUILD NUMBER
JZ054K-XMX

SOFTWARE VERSION
LG-F240-EUR

How To Get Network/Signals
Goto dialer and dial 5457#*980# and on bottom of List,
1. Open "Network Mode" and Select "Global+LTE"
2. Open "Subscription" and make it USIM (Phone will reboot automatically.
After reboot you should get network working.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://xdaforums.com/show...postcount=1149
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
modem patch for f240x : http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=723

Try both the 3 methods.i thnk either of them should work.after that pls let me know,whether u got signal or not.