[APP] Remote

Search This thread

barrychon

Nov 3, 2005
Germantown
Well I have to disappoint you, because, to my knowledge, it isn't even possible to make screenshot from inside your app. Also it would have to run in the background or else you only could move inside this app, which would be pointless.
So no ;)

Sincerly
DeathLamp

Hey, wanted to bring this back up. Now that Mango allows backround programs, can we maybe visit the idea of controlling your Phone from PC?

Thanks

DeathLamp

Feb 28, 2011
Hey, wanted to bring this back up. Now that Mango allows backround programs, can we maybe visit the idea of controlling your Phone from PC?

Thanks

I still don't think this will work, because those backgroundthreads are very isolated, resulting in very few possibilities to actually control the OS (apart from things like music etc.).

@All Feature Requests: I am currently not working on Remote. The last version I have made shows you the active window in the background but I am not sure about releasing it (yet). At the moment I am working on my first game, which will take at least 1 month to finish.

barrychon

Nov 3, 2005
Germantown
I still don't think this will work, because those backgroundthreads are very isolated, resulting in very few possibilities to actually control the OS (apart from things like music etc.).

@All Feature Requests: I am currently not working on Remote. The last version I have made shows you the active window in the background but I am not sure about releasing it (yet). At the moment I am working on my first game, which will take at least 1 month to finish.

Oh, ok. Good luck w/ the game. I look forward to see what you produce!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I want to present my new app, I'm currently working on: Remote.

What it does:

Remote allows you to access and control your computer from anywhere.
    It comes with a server-application for your PC.
    You can scroll through all your files, start them and you are also able to close/maximize and start applications on your computer from your phone.
    Depending on which application is in foreground, user-defined key-combinations,commands and folders are displayed.
    So for example, when vlc is active, your media-folder and key-combinations to Pause/Play and Fullscreen are displayed.

Later versions will feature a option to transfer files to your phone.

Remote isn't finished yet, I'm currently working on the performance and key-combinations.
    The design also isn't finished yet, but the app is intended to feel like an official app.
    When finished, Remote will be available for free!

Please give some input and critics or ideas for features :)

04.04.2011: Added Fileextensions (see "fileex.png") and DirectoryContentCounter (see "files.png")
    09.04.2011: Added Favorites and also fixed the performance problem caused by contextmenues (see "favorites.png")

Sincerly
    DeathLamp

UPDATE: The App has been published! (Long time ago but it seems that newswriters only read the first post :D)
    Finally has been published!
    Hope you like it :)