GoogleNow Working with voice both online and offline latest ver7 & FAQ,Troubleshoot

Did this thread help u install Google Now ??

• Total voters
Search This thread

avik6123

Feb 22, 2012
Delhi
I know but text messaging and call are also not work......

Sent from my MT11i using xda app-developers app

langtudongnai45

Mar 2, 2012
Okay here is what u do : Move the apps which are eating up your memory to ur SD card :) some applications do allow u to move ur apps to sd or go to the market download app2sd app which will allow some of ur apps to move to ur sd card . Dont move widgets or live wallpapers ..they will not work on the phone if moved to sd card .move ur apps like adobe reader , etc
To move ur app to sd > Go to settings >App> there go to all apps > click on a app > then click move to sd ..note some app cannot be moved
and the apps u moved to ur sd can only be run when u have inserted the sd to which u moved ur app to ..if u have ur moved apps in one sd card and ur music in another ..if ur using the sd card in which music is there u wont be able to run the apps u moved to ur sd card ..bcoz its on the other sd card..move ur apps to a card which u use most the times ...means to get ur apps to run u should have the sd card inserted in which ur moved apps are

Secondly , u can free up space by deleting cache memory of ur apps ..:) .
Thirdly , Delete some unwanted apps

Thats it ..this should help u install google now :)
If not post me again will see to it :)

U need 30 mb in internal storage and around 40 mb free space on ur sd card so that u can put the zip file in the card to flash

Internal storage in my phone is 220Mb & Sd card is 7Gb but i can't launch Voice search. This problem is "unfortunately, google search has stoped"
Please help me fixed problem. Thanks so much. :(

Reactions: iamdchosen1

Abhiheart

Dec 13, 2011
Udupi
Internal storage in my phone is 220Mb & Sd card is 7Gb but i can't launch Voice search. This problem is "unfortunately, google search has stoped"
Please help me fixed problem. Thanks so much. :(

Did u try ..both online and offline versions ?? Did u clear ur cache ?? Go to recovery ..clear ur cache and dalvik cache .and then flash the zip :) Hopefully this will help and btw which ROM are u using ??

Reactions: langtudongnai45

langtudongnai45

Mar 2, 2012
Did u try ..both online and offline versions ?? Did u clear ur cache ?? Go to recovery ..clear ur cache and dalvik cache .and then flash the zip :) Hopefully this will help and btw which ROM are u using ??

Wow, it working. You're super man :laugh:.
Thanks so much :good::good:.
Maybe i forget clear cache & dalvik cache

Abhiheart

Dec 13, 2011
Udupi
Offline version isnt working for me, do you know why?

Sent from my Xperia neo V

What isnt working ?? The app itself is not working or any other issues ?
Read the post carefully dude ..clear cache and dalvik cache :) U should have 60 mb free space on ur /system partition ..and ofcourse ICS ..:p

Emothic_Reagan

Jul 8, 2012
No red mic in my galaxy note XXLRK W/ SPEEDMOD K3-13 huhuhuhuh please help me. But its working fine.. Only the red mic.. Please

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Abhiheart

Dec 13, 2011
Udupi
Does it force close ?? ..

Try removing some unwanted apps and move some apps to sd ..has to be a problem with ur /system partition space ..

Abhiheart

Dec 13, 2011
Udupi
No red mic in my galaxy note XXLRK W/ SPEEDMOD K3-13 huhuhuhuh please help me. But its working fine.. Only the red mic.. Please

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Try this : To fix this, press the normal mic within the Google Now app. While it is listening (after it beeps), press menu > refresh. Now you're at the red mic.

KUHawk

Dec 14, 2010
Cards work intermittently. Mic recognizes my voice, but just hangs on the mic screen when I am done talking.

I followed the OP to a "T". The only thing I noticed is that I have both a Velvet.apk and a Velvet2.apk in my /system/app. Could this be the problem? If so, is it safe to delete one of the .apks directly through ES File Explorer?

I am currently running Touched By A SGSIII ROM on Epic 4G Touch with Agat's 0.2.1 Kernal.

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
Searches cannot be made in offline .only calls and texts :)
On which search talkback doesnt work ??
For all searches or it doesnt work on any searches ??
all searches..and I mean online only.. there is no offline mode at all,i.e Googlenow doesnt work offline at all,not even calls,texts..asks for internet connection.. hope u get it..

p.s. I followed every step u said.

noowb00

Feb 14, 2012
I got this problem with the mic too. I tried the method on the OP to troubleshoot it but there's no refresh option after the beep and pressing the menu button like what the OP said. Any other solution? *I downloaded the offline version and I certainly have more than 60MB of memory when flashing the zip. Neo V, running CM9

Abhiheart

Dec 13, 2011
Udupi
Cards work intermittently. Mic recognizes my voice, but just hangs on the mic screen when I am done talking.

I followed the OP to a "T". The only thing I noticed is that I have both a Velvet.apk and a Velvet2.apk in my /system/app. Could this be the problem? If so, is it safe to delete one of the .apks directly through ES File Explorer?

I am currently running Touched By A SGSIII ROM on Epic 4G Touch with Agat's 0.2.1 Kernal.

Yup that is the problem ..Flash the reverse zip i hv given you that is from google now to google search and Reboot ..then again go into the recovery and flash mikeyoffline ver 6. This will surely solve ur problem ..if it still exists after this ..tell me :) :)

Reactions: KUHawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GoogleNow Working with voice both online and offline latest ver7 & FAQ,Troubleshoot

Hello :)
    Here is the newest most amazing app Google Now from google working fully both online and offline :)
    It Should work on Sense/Timescape UI (sony mobiles ) /CM/AOKP/AOSP

Firstly ; This guide in only for ARMv7.(NEO ,NEO V And others :) )

If you dont know of which type your phone is head over to this thread : http://smart4u.org/forum/Thread-List-of-devices-ARMv7-ARMv6-ARMv5

This is mikeyXDA latest version (ver7) ... Improved since ver6 Much quicker response in ver 7 and smooth :)
    There is no need to change permissions of the file anymore ..it is by default what it should be :)
    Before U start : U should have atleast 60 mb freespace on ur /system partition to get this working or 30 mb for online online only version

Here are my phone specs : Neo v , Xperia Pureness 11 , Using Solid Explorer (its the best you guys should check it out )

For ES file explorer users:)
    Open Es file explorer >Settings >Check "Up to root" >Then check "root explorer">allow access when superuser asks>Check "mount file system"
    press back u will be on ur Sd card
    press back again and ur into the root of ur android :)

Heres what u need to get it working :)
    1) ICS
    2) Rooted Phone :p
    3) CWM installed
    4) Latest Gapps (if required )
    5)You must be on a deodexed ROM : One way to find out is use a Root Explorer app and navigate to "/system/app" and check if an ".odex" extension file exists. If yes, the ROM is odex; otherwise, the ROM is Deodexed.

Lets start :)

Latest L4 - lenny_kano's version 4 : Its identical to the Mikey v& update, allows you to download your language files.

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/6rdufr88ud1e8hw/lennyv4.zip

No online/Offline version only one zip :)
    *Go back to google search by flashing the Google now to google search zip and then clear dalvik cache and cache, flash the zip*

For those who are having Reeko tubbs version or mikey XDA previous version installed :
    First flash this through CWM http://www.4shared.com/zip/sFyQUr7c/Google_Now_to_Google_Search.html
    This will clean up your google now aand bring back the google search SO you can start a fresh install and no errors are there :)

For fresh installers no need to install the above zip .you are by default on google search

Download Mikey XDA ver 7 from here : http://www.4shared.com/zip/eb5ydKHM/mikeyxda_v7_Offline.html ( This will work both online and offline )
    OR
    Only Online ver of MikeyXDA v7 from here : http://www.4shared.com/zip/41f9aB6v/mikeyxda_v7_Online.html
    Boot into recovery
    Clear cache and dalvik cache :)
    Install Zip from SD card >Select the zip
    Flash it through CWM :)

For confirmation that everything is fine :
    Open ur file explorer >system >usr>srec(u will see two folders config and en-us )
    tap and hold on the config folder >and the permission of the folder will be rwx-rx-rx (this will be for en-us also :) )
    Now go to system>app > see velvet 2.apk or velvet.apk properties it will be set to rw-r-r :)

And Google now is on ur device :)

Troubleshooting

1.) The red mic screen won't display.
    To fix this, press the normal mic within the Google Now app. While it is listening (after it beeps), press menu > refresh. Now you're at the red mic.
    2.) Can't exit the Google Now app with the back button.
    Use the Home button.
    3.) Google Now Force Closes.
    Make sure you have enough space on your /system partition before installing this. You need at least 60MB free for the Offline versions and 30MB free for the Online versions
    4) If u still cant get it installed :Try flashing the latest Gapps :) And then Flash Google now :)

Latest FAQ :https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DRq_ElLZxbTIlZ873rjSIg-p1AVfXx0QnTK2RTHOyCE/edit?pli=1
    Latest Troubleshooting : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28309520&postcount=695

Google Now command thread : xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1817640

If it doesn't install please provide your
    1.ROM info
    2.The zip u used to install
    3.Android version ur using
    4.the recovery u are using (CWM and other recovery )
    5./system partition size :)

Quote:
    Thanks to cajunflavoredbob :) Reeko Tubbs and MikeXDA :) Homeslice :) Killer -B :) lenny_kano :) And other contributors :)

Questions are welcome :)
    Ask me if ur having trouble : )
    Yeah It worked awesomely :)

Yeah It worked awesomely on my Sony Xperia Neo V ....Thanks Dude :laugh: :good:
    Nice works on aokp so should on cm9 too

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app
    I can't install on Xperia Neo with MIUI 2.8. . This is problem : "Sorry, Google search is force close" :(
    Pls help me.

Did you flash any other version before mikeyXDA ver 6. ?? Remember u need 60 mb free space on /system partition to get this working :) .. i will upload "only online" version maybe in the evening ..hv my exams ..so will do it later ...the online version requires 30 mb free space on the partition :)
    How do enough space ? Pls help me :(

Okay here is what u do : Move the apps which are eating up your memory to ur SD card :) some applications do allow u to move ur apps to sd or go to the market download app2sd app which will allow some of ur apps to move to ur sd card . Dont move widgets or live wallpapers ..they will not work on the phone if moved to sd card .move ur apps like adobe reader , etc
    To move ur app to sd > Go to settings >App> there go to all apps > click on a app > then click move to sd ..note some app cannot be moved
    and the apps u moved to ur sd can only be run when u have inserted the sd to which u moved ur app to ..if u have ur moved apps in one sd card and ur music in another ..if ur using the sd card in which music is there u wont be able to run the apps u moved to ur sd card ..bcoz its on the other sd card..move ur apps to a card which u use most the times ...means to get ur apps to run u should have the sd card inserted in which ur moved apps are

Secondly , u can free up space by deleting cache memory of ur apps ..:) .
    Thirdly , Delete some unwanted apps

Thats it ..this should help u install google now :)
    If not post me again will see to it :)