[Q] Low volume with Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2

Search This thread

rtorresz

Jun 25, 2014
Hi everyone,

Tried a few ROMs for the T989 and for me DU is the most stable and feature rich so I'm sticking to it, the only downside is the low overall volume: ringer, notifications, loudspeaker, etc.
Is there a workaround I'm missing?

Thanks!!

developer209

Nov 16, 2013
Ballico
I'm not very familiar with Dirty Unicorns. It was always on my list of Roms I should try. But anyways, on Cyanogenmod we have DSP Manger, which controls audio effects. Does Dirty Unicorn have one? Is so you may want to play with the settings and see if you could fix it. If it doesn't have one I'm sure there's a fantastic one on the play store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

developer209

Nov 16, 2013
Ballico
I forgot to ask. Did you ever try the volume on different Roms you installed?

I guess DU isn't the most stable ??

rtorresz

Jun 25, 2014
Thanks for you reply.

With all the roms I tried before settling for DU volume was not an issue, but on many the GPS lock was horrible. So far it's been very stable and y really dig the lockscreen expanded notifications which I couldn't get working with other roms.
Dirty Unicorns does not come with a DSP manager (or I haven't found it) but the few apps I've tried (like volume boosters or DSP managers) didn't make any difference.

developer209

Nov 16, 2013
Ballico
I'm always glad to help.
Have you tried PacMan? I recently was using thus Rom and it was fairly stable, had various customizations, and was pretty feature filled. It had locksreen notifications.

Well considering it wasn't an issue on other Roms, it isn't hardware related. Are you running on the latest build? Did you do a full system wipe when switching between Roms? You can always try reflashing the latest DU build after wiping the cache, this may fix your issue.

Have you looked on the thread dedicated to the DU ROM? This may be an issue the Dev is aware of. If he hasn't stated knowing this and nobody had pointed it out, it would be wise to post your issue in the thread. Its possible someone might offer you a solution or confirm the issue on their device.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

Although I do appreciate your thanks in words a thanks by pressing the thanks button would make me all the more grateful ??

rtorresz

Jun 25, 2014
I'm always glad to help.
Have you tried PacMan? I recently was using thus Rom and it was fairly stable, had various customizations, and was pretty feature filled. It had locksreen notifications.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it for the last week with mixed results but today it became very laggy and some GPS apps (as Waze) would not run. This ROM does have better volume than DU but it's way slower.

Right now I'm switching to the latest stable Paranoid Android ROM released today, I hope it's stable, fast enough and with good volume.

Reactions: developer209

developer209

Nov 16, 2013
Ballico
Always happy to help. I don't play around much with apps that rely on GPS so I am not sure which have the most stability GPS wise.

rtorresz

Jun 25, 2014
After trying a few more ROMs (AOKP, PA, Carbon) I think I'll just go back to DU and try to boost the volume of the ringtone and notification files before uploading them to my phone.

Thanks for the help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm always glad to help.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it for the last week with mixed results but today it became very laggy and some GPS apps (as Waze) would not run. This ROM does have better volume than DU but it's way slower.

Right now I'm switching to the latest stable Paranoid Android ROM released today, I hope it's stable, fast enough and with good volume.