[Q] root Nexus 5 without wiping data

Search This thread

sukritsingh

Jan 28, 2014
Hi, i recently tried to root my Nexus 5 16 GB, but only managed to unlock the boot loader. If I try to root again using the CF auto root, would it still wipe all data? I'm new at this, and it was my first attempt at rooting.

fireb33

Dec 1, 2010
If you have unlocker bootloader, just flash a custom recovery via fastboot, then flash supersu.zip in recovery and you're done

Reactions: sukritsingh

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Ever tried making an omelet without breaking the eggs? ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Charlus97

Jun 17, 2012
Bordeaux
charley.sedeau.com
If you already unlocked your bootloader (so if you get a wipe of all your data last time). You can now root wihout loosing any data with CF auto-root, as only the unlocking bootloader step can wipe data in that process.

If you want to check if your bootloader is unlocked, reboot your nexus 5. If you see the small unlock icon at the botom of the "Google" logo, then, your bootloader is unlocked :)

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
Yea seriously guyz he has already said that bootloader is unlocked.
And as per his ques no since the bootloader is already unlocked cf auto will only root so your data won't wipe.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have unlocker bootloader, just flash a custom recovery via fastboot, then flash supersu.zip in recovery and you're done
    If you already unlocked your bootloader (so if you get a wipe of all your data last time). You can now root wihout loosing any data with CF auto-root, as only the unlocking bootloader step can wipe data in that process.

If you want to check if your bootloader is unlocked, reboot your nexus 5. If you see the small unlock icon at the botom of the "Google" logo, then, your bootloader is unlocked :)
    Why didnt you notice that he already said his bootloader is unlocked.
    Yea seriously guyz he has already said that bootloader is unlocked.
    And as per his ques no since the bootloader is already unlocked cf auto will only root so your data won't wipe.