Newroot for Z1 & Z1C

Search This thread

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Man phone manufacturers must be stupid. Why make it harder for us to root the phones?

He not doing that stupid since he want to protect you from thefts! For example he protect you from external apps which probably get root ring on your phone and perform some root commands (without your knownledge) to get your bank account, thats one of the possible scenarios but there is a lot of other possible bad things! :)

DarkNate34

Oct 11, 2011
He not doing that stupid since he want to protect you from thefts! For example he protect you from external apps which probably get root ring on your phone and perform some root commands (without your knownledge) to get your bank account, thats one of the possible scenarios but there is a lot of other possible bad things! :)
It is stupid. Sure keep the protection, not every user in the world have technical knowledge on computers. But they should keep an easy option in hand for developers, power users and advanced computer users to unlock and root their devices at will.

Jul 27, 2014
Damn it! I've been waiting for my firmware update to the latest 4.4.4 and i downloaded and set up newroot so its ready to go when I get my update and today I finally get my update and perform it and it's the 133 build! I come back on here to read how to root my phone to see the updated message saying it won't work on the 133 build! Just my luck.
Is there a nice easy root process for the 133 build? Cheers

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Damn it! I've been waiting for my firmware update to the latest 4.4.4 and i downloaded and set up newroot so its ready to go when I get my update and today I finally get my update and perform it and it's the 133 build! I come back on here to read how to root my phone to see the updated message saying it won't work on the 133 build! Just my luck.
Is there a nice easy root process for the 133 build? Cheers

Flash previous kernel of your firmware, root it, flash 133 firmware kernel and you have rooted 133 firmware.

Reactions: originaltanksta

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I dont know how to do any of that but thanks anyway.

Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2469191 and find your 108 or 118 firmware. If you are unfamiliar with Flashtool there are links to guides in that thread OP. Flash that 108 or 118 firmwares kernel by exluding everything else but kernel in Flashtool flash settings. Root that with Newroot or root method of your choice. Find ftf of you 133 firmware or make one yourself and flash that firmware kernel by excluding everything else but kernel in Flashtool settings.

Here also link to thread which OP has detailed instruction to get 133 rooted and dualrecovery installed: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2848466

Last edited:

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2469191 and find your 108 or 118 firmware. If you are unfamiliar with Flashtool there are links to guides in that thread OP. Flash that 108 or 118 firmwares kernel by exluding everything else but kernel in Flashtool flash settings. Root that with Newroot or root method of your choice. Find ftf of you 133 firmware or make one yourself and flash that firmware kernel by excluding everything else but kernel in Flashtool settings.

Here also link to thread which OP has detailed instruction to get 133 rooted and dualrecovery installed: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2848466

Will this work for the Xperia C6916 version?

Sent from my C6916 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Yenkazu

Mar 24, 2011
South Sulawesi, Makassar
It is stupid. Sure keep the protection, not every user in the world have technical knowledge on computers. But they should keep an easy option in hand for developers, power users and advanced computer users to unlock and root their devices at will.

Easy option for developer> Unlock bootloader
Because many people doesn't familiar with exploit, or hacking, Xperia need something to protect their user, because they all STUPID
If you want to be a power user, rooting isn't enough for you, you also need ROM + Kernel with many hack, like CM

OP, sorry for OT
=)

DarkNate34

Oct 11, 2011
Easy option for developer> Unlock bootloader
Because many people doesn't familiar with exploit, or hacking, Xperia need something to protect their user, because they all STUPID
If you want to be a power user, rooting isn't enough for you, you also need ROM + Kernel with many hack, like CM

OP, sorry for OT
=)

Easy huh? If so we wouldn't need to find exploits.
You think I'm an idiot? I know what a power user is.
I think you need to check out my previous posts. Thinking I don't even know about CyanogenMod, Please.... You are not a genius.

Yenkazu

Mar 24, 2011
South Sulawesi, Makassar
Easy huh? If so we wouldn't need to find exploits.
You think I'm an idiot? I know what a power user is.
I think you need to check out my previous posts. Thinking I don't even know about CyanogenMod, Please.... You are not a genius.

Yes, you should be a Google Team then
=)
I don't need to see your previous post, a developer will find a way to hack
-_______-
You just don't know how using a developers tool, even you know it
*yawn*
I don't see we need continue this conversation, I will ignore your next comment then
=)

DarkNate34

Oct 11, 2011
Yes, you should be a Google Team then
=)
I don't need to see your previous post, a developer will find a way to hack
-_______-
You just don't know how using a developers tool, even you know it
*yawn*
I don't see we need continue this conversation, I will ignore your next comment then
=)

That's what I been saying. You even understand British English? I said why do they keep excessive protections without easy methods for unlocking and rooting a device without having to find a "way to hack". If you can't understand that, I suggest you go back to an English school.

Reactions: jonaxin
Jul 27, 2014

I've found the firmware i want which is 14.1.G.1.534, which if im correct is jelly bean 4.2.2 i feel i dont need to root if i go back to this as i actually liked this firmware. will flashing to this erase my phone content or will it be just as it was but with the new firmware?
Also if i change my mind and follow as you have instructed here will that also erase my content? Cheers

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I've found the firmware i want which is 14.1.G.1.534, which if im correct is jelly bean 4.2.2 i feel i dont need to root if i go back to this as i actually liked this firmware. will flashing to this erase my phone content or will it be just as it was but with the new firmware?
Also if i change my mind and follow as you have instructed here will that also erase my content? Cheers

In Flashtool just untick data option in wipe section and flashing firmware don't erase your phone content. Tough making backup before flashing is good practice if something go wrong.

croash

Aug 2, 2012
Firstly, thanks for the tool, it certainly makes the process easy.
However, after rooting successfully, and using the recovery to create a nandroid backup, the backup files are created with a 1970 date, instead of the usual current date.
Any idea?
FWIW, I've reflashed a stock . ftf and re-rooted, and the backup file is still named 1970.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

QualQuek

Oct 22, 2012
Paris
On 14.4.A.0.108 i have all the time Device not found, i have the USB debugging enabled :(

EDIT : Fixed by reinstalling PC Companion

Last edited:
Reactions: FCArsenal

marcooleo

Jul 16, 2014
I have sucessfull installed Newroot a while ago on my Xperia Z1 (C6903) 14.4.A.0.108 with stock ROM running KitKat 4.4.4. The problem is that i can not start in CWRM recoverymode anymore, when i reboot and the LED starting to blink and i push the volume down button the phone just vibrates and shows the SONY logo and nothing more happens, i have to push the on/off button two times to make the phone reboot. I have tried to push volume up button aswell when blue LED is blinking but i encounter the same problem. Anyone have any idea what the problem is? I have tried to unroot with Newroot and root it again, installed busybox and SuperSu from Chainfire, and tried with Superuser Clockworkmod aswell, same problem, cannot boot to recoverymode anymore. Help would be appreciated.

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
I have sucessfull installed Newroot a while ago on my Xperia Z1 (C6903) 14.4.A.0.108 with stock ROM running KitKat 4.4.4. The problem is that i can not start in CWRM recoverymode anymore, when i reboot and the LED starting to blink and i push the volume down button the phone just vibrates and shows the SONY logo and nothing more happens, i have to push the on/off button two times to make the phone reboot. I have tried to push volume up button aswell when blue LED is blinking but i encounter the same problem. Anyone have any idea what the problem is? I have tried to unroot with Newroot and root it again, installed busybox and SuperSu from Chainfire, and tried with Superuser Clockworkmod aswell, same problem, cannot boot to recoverymode anymore. Help would be appreciated.

Newroot working only with busybox provided by newroot! If you change busybox you will lose root (probably cwm will not work too) !

Reactions: marcooleo

marcooleo

Jul 16, 2014
Thank you! I will uninstall busybox and then unroot my phone and root it again to see what happens.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

I unroot it first with Newroot. Then i root it again and got a errormsg something about mount -rw is busy. after reboot i had no root. So i unroot it again and reboot. Then i root it again and the phone got sucessfully rooted without any errormsg! Thank you munjeni for this great program!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, since somebody requested my newroot tool. here is it, enjoy! Tool will root your phone and install cwm recovery, busybox, su, superuser, allso you can unroot at least ;)

Disclaimer:
    - Do in mind rooting will modify your android, so you modifyind your android on your own risk, I am not responsible if tool is not working on your device or if tool make your android malfunction, you doing everything on your own risk! ;)

Pre-requirements:
    - You must have installed usb drivers! Just simple install Sony PC Companion, if your windows device manager detect unknown device than probably you must point drivers installation to search for propertly driver C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony PC Companion\Drivers directory. When your windows device manager detect your phone propertly than you are ready for rooting/unrooting

How to install (Windows users):
    1: Download and extract newroot.rar
    2: Enable USB Debugging
    -You can do this by going into Settings>About Phone and tapping the Build Number multiple times to activate Developer Options
    -Then Settings>Developer Options and check USB Debugging
    3: Plug in your phone your PC
    4: Run the root software [Pay close attention to your phone]
    5: A pop-up will come up on your phone. Allow it
    6: Let it do its thing
    7: It will reboot and you're rooted
    8: Enjoy

How to install (Linux users):
    0. First of all you need adb for Linux, I not gona explain where you can download adb for Linux since you need to search XDA and found them byself, everybody know about adb and I not going to explain adb basic things, you need to help byself on that since adb you will need in future for sure ;)
    1: Download newroot and put to the same folder with adb binary
    2: Enable USB Debugging
    -You can do this by going into Settings>About Phone and tapping the Build Number multiple times to activate Developer Options
    -Then Settings>Developer Options and check USB Debugging
    3: Plug in your phone your PC
    4: Run the root software [Pay close attention to your phone] a pop-up will come up on your phone. Allow it! Commands for runing root software is:
    Code:
    adb push newroot /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/newroot
    adb shell /data/local/tmp/newroot doit
    Allso there is a option for unrooting:
    Code:
    adb shell /data/local/tmp/newroot unroot
    6: Let it do its thing
    7: It will reboot and you're rooted
    8: Enjoy

Newroot work with all kitkat firmwares but doesn't work with latest kitkat *after 108) .133, .157... firmware or with old JB firmwares!!!
    If your running later kernels from out of 108 and newer firmware that you can achieve root following these steps:
    1. download the .108 firmware or kernel only
    2. flash only the .108 kernel using flashtool
    3. Use newroot
    4. Reflash back your newer kernel using flashtool

Download (for Windows):
    - https://mega.co.nz/#!tFxmUArC!xRCF25Olnq1g228z0jrweytZDHk6M2A7-_RMIN7Dsaw

Download (for Linux):
    - http://d-h.st/tBB

Credits:
    - geohot libexploit library
    Hi, since somebody requested my newroot tool. here is it, enjoy! Tool will root your phone and install cwm recovery, busybox, su, superuser, allso you can unroot at least ;)

Download:
    - https://mega.co.nz/#!odBXkSgY!D0d8heDxgqpdALBh3tliHrwO8LuUyjlaX-7unCUgG_U

Credits:
    - geohot libexploit library
    upload devhost link plz!
    Its booth for locked on unlocked bootloaders but for no already rooted devices (except rooted by our tool), its tested on last 3 android versions. There is 2 things, it can work or not work, you can try in jellybean and let me know (probaly not working). No more words here since tool is very easy and anybody know what to do with them :) Enjoy if you found them usefull and easy! Anybody can post detail installation here if allready used my aplication, I am lazy sory!
    Linux version and instructions is now on first post! ;)