[Mods] Mods by Jewremy - v5! NOTIFICATION POWER WIDGET!!!!!

Search This thread

ckarrow2

Oct 27, 2009
Forest City, NC
no prob buddy. i tend to open scripts and read them before i execute... saw it before i ran it... it would've just failed to backup the original..
Thanks for your efforts on this!

Raa_1

Apr 10, 2007
What did you use to decompile/modify/recompile? I feel like making a few changes myself ;)

Nice work btw!

Reactions: Jewremy

Jewremy

Jul 16, 2007
Boston
What did you use to decompile/modify/recompile? I feel like making a few changes myself ;)

Nice work btw!

I used apk manager 4.9 - please let me know what you find. There are a bunch of variables in there that I didn't mess with.

The variables themselves are in (once compiled) [apk]/resources.arsc.

Use apkman to decompile, and they're in projects/[filename]/res/values - file names represent what variable types they are. :]

If you need help, pm and I'll let you know where to gtalk me.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Cyrus221

Jun 13, 2010
Did you fix the typo? Thinking about using this and the bloatware script. Any potential problems you think?

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

Ohh_Trenton

May 18, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
You can still use it even tho there's a typo. I'm using it now and everything works. Just run the modkit.bat file.. its going to say framwork.apk does not exist when it tries to adb pull it from the phone. When the bat file is done, then open up windows command and do exactly what jewremy put as the script. The whole..

Su
Stop
Busybox
Busybox cp

And all that. I don't remember it by heart. But before you run it, make sure you start up adb shell in the commands and reboot. It still works.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA Premium App

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
Did you deodex the files and edit them, or just edit them?

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

Jewremy

Jul 16, 2007
Boston
Just edit. No need to deodex. Slows down the phone and uses more battery.

ctheory83

May 28, 2009
Tampa
Getting a "cannot stat" on the framework/system/build.prop in your script, i'm guessing it just wants a complete path in the script and its something on my end but figured i'd throw it out there and see if it has happened to anyone else. The root script did this to me before, too.

Jewremy

Jul 16, 2007
Boston
Getting a "cannot stat" on the framework/system/build.prop in your script, i'm guessing it just wants a complete path in the script and its something on my end but figured i'd throw it out there and see if it has happened to anyone else. The root script did this to me before, too.

Sorry, what? Can you give me the direct output? Did you extract all the files into their own folder? make sure the mods folder is there too, at the same level as the modkit.bat script.

ctheory83

May 28, 2009
Tampa
Sorry, what? Can you give me the direct output? Did you extract all the files into their own folder? make sure the mods folder is there too, at the same level as the modkit.bat script.

Sure, i'll run it again. I know "cannot stat" is a linux/unix error that a file or path is wrong, but yeah I had everything set up correctly before starting it.

INSTALLING MODDED FILES NOW!

remount succeeded
System mounted r/w.
System stopped.
cannot stat 'mods/framework-res.apk': No such file or directory
cannot stat 'mods/SystemUI.apk': No such file or directory
cannot stat 'mods/build.prop': No such file or directory
Files pushed to System. Setting permissions.
Permissions set. Rebooting your phone.

Last edited:

ctheory83

May 28, 2009
Tampa
Its actually failing on finding the file in the directory during the adb push command, so its not being put on the phone.

Like I said, I think its something weird on my end with file paths lately (not the first time) and a new install of Win7, so i'll see what I can do with this thing.

Jewremy

Jul 16, 2007
Boston
Its actually failing on finding the file in the directory during the adb push command, so its not being put on the phone.

Like I said, I think its something weird on my end with file paths lately (not the first time) and a new install of Win7, so i'll see what I can do with this thing.

Yeah, I gotcha. Uploading a fixed zip. Hold on.

Okay, uploaded. Give it another shot. Sorry, tried to get fancy. At least I didn't brick your phone. :p

Remember guys, don't download if you're a noob or don't know what you're doing. We have no easy way to recover this blurry **** yet.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh boy...been working on CM7 and have had a whole bunch of other crap going on. Was forced to deodex to port over a certain something by a certain Mr. DroidJunk. ;]

Also, this is a pretty advanced mod. About 6 hours of amp-fueled work for me to do this right. If you want to kang it, I'll gladly teach you. I know we have a bunch of fledgeling devs on the Droid3.

So. Time to DEODEX - I haven't tried it on an odexed system, but the drop in performance is barely noticeable. Flash steeldroid or figure out how to deodex. The method for the DroidX with XUltimate 2.3.2 works.

v5 has this nifty thing. DroidJunk made it for the Bionic. I ported it to the Droid3, changed it to .9.pngs for the backgrounds and indicators, removed the auto-sync toggle, re-did the layout and moved the data toggle next to Bluetooth.

Honeycomb themed everything, sliding door lock screen...just flash it. You'll see.

Oh, also installs bash and nano as well.

DOWNLOADS
    v5 - http://bit.ly/oj0y92

v4 - http://db.tt/w4Qs3QPJ

Make a backup first, then flash in recovery.

If you can't figure out how to do that, go home.

Also added a custom loadpreinstalls.sh to keep shell root after a reboot.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Don't flash this unless you know what you're doing and are comfortable with ADB and rescuing yourself from a brick. Remember, we have an sbf to reflash the Droid3 now. You can disregard the rest of this paragraph, unless you're too lazy to download and learn moto-fastboot, in which case you have just the system dump. Seriously, go get moto-fastboot and the restore files. See that Droid 3 Android Development link above? Click it and find the thread. Worth it. It will save your...phone.

Anyway...

I pulled apart and modified framework-res to my liking
    • Turned off boot sound.
    • Car dock stays in portrait as opposed to not rotating at all - tried enabling dock rotation, something about blur breaks the feature and causes the dock to not launch at all.
    • circle battery with numbers from UOT - uot.dakra.lt
    • old-style motorola lockscreen (two sliders)
    • cut animation times in half - Short 75ms, Normal 150ms, Long 300ms
    • Set lockscreen to skip sliders/slidingdoor if device lock is enabled (pin lock, pattern lock, etc)
    • Enabled menu key to unlock
    • A few other mods that I cannot find.
    • Enabled ethernet connectivity...not sure how to use it, though. My guess is that USB OTG is possible with the right cable.

Modified build.prop to enable AOSP USB notifications, set wifi scan time to 180, CDMA as default mode, increased max events and VM Heap size, couple other things that I don't remember.

Installer is an update.zip - use Droid3 bootstrapper from the market or elsewhere.
    Im getting a little help and advice from Jewremy about some of the edits that he has made. Im taking what I learn from him, and slowly applying what I can to my deodexed ROM. Once I have something available, I will throw up a public beta.
    I have the correct version and I have not touched my framework. Until running this mod.

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

Yeah. It reads .890 because the build.prop is replaced to make it say .890. Go fastboot or find a system dump and push the right files back.

Once recovery is released and working, I'll make an update.zip so we can say **** it to this stupid script.
    Hmm maybe try this out and tell me what you think.

http://db.tt/g2BFwd1u

So do i just adb push the darkbsliders framework? Or drop them in place of the original one in the script? Thanks again.

adb push is the easiest.

adb remount
    adb shell stop
    adb push framework-res.darkbar.sliders.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    adb reboot