[ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925/XT926

Search This thread

koftheworld

Jun 9, 2010
Central NJ
Go to Settings<About Phone<Build Number and press 5 or 6 times to enable development settings.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Wish i could help as I have zero phone app issues. The only problems I have now are known bugs. I istalled this rom with the newest update (the 16th) after having flashed every single rom and tweak possible and it ran fairly well. Last night I wanted a fresh start so I did the whole fastboot firmware, root, recovery thing and I admit that this rom seems better for me now. Battery life isnt as great as I remember but it is getting better with time.

Maybe it has to do with my titanium restore? I never backup or restore system settings just apps...hmmm. No clue.

I'm back on nexesque for now until the next build I think.

As a side note I didn't realize I was having gps issues until I was half way to a job site and tried using nav. Let me just say having the car dock was essential in my quest to flash back while driving lol.

sent from my xt926 RAZR maxx hd

slayp00n

Jun 2, 2010
just posting this again nobody seemed to aknwoledge or confirm they have it also:

Epinter, I have a bug for you on the 295... This has been around forever, 'the microphone is in use' pretty much every app except google voice search returns this, voxer, dragon speak etc.

vadakr

Jan 14, 2008
New York, NY
Sound is all crackly after headset use

I've installed the 4/16 XT926 build and can honestly say that the ROM is a pleasure to use - no reboots yet, no issues with the phone, BT connects (haven't tried a phone call over it yet), WiFi works well, and the data speeds on Verizon's LTE network are as good as those on the factory ROM.

Today morning, I pulled my headphones out after getting to work, and since then all sounds have been very crackly. Anyone else experience this?

stas.green

Aug 19, 2010
Saint-Petersburg
just posting this again nobody seemed to aknwoledge or confirm they have it also:

Epinter, I have a bug for you on the 295... This has been around forever, 'the microphone is in use' pretty much every app except google voice search returns this, voxer, dragon speak etc.

I can confirm. Have the same issues with microphone. Neither voice search nor dictaphones are not working(

steveo17

Sep 30, 2010
South Amboy
Great Rom so far. Haven't had any issues with fc or anything. However i can't seem to send mms and Bluetooth audio does not seem to work. Google voice search works fine. Video cam launches and records, but can't save video then. Love this so far though

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

brownrt

Dec 1, 2008
Washington, DC
GPS

I've unlocked the bootloader of my consumer xt926 and installed this. I originally had FC issues but a cach & dalvik wipe fixed those. The biggest issue I am facing is that the GPS will not lock on. I've seen a couple previous posts about this but is everyone experiencing this GPS issue?

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I've unlocked the bootloader of my consumer xt926 and installed this. I originally had FC issues but a cach & dalvik wipe fixed those. The biggest issue I am facing is that the GPS will not lock on. I've seen a couple previous posts about this but is everyone experiencing this GPS issue?

I would just wait until Hashcode completes his work on a new base and kernel for this ROM. At this point, yeah it is debloated and might score higher in benchmarks, but the bottom line is that not everything works and it is not as stable as the stock Moto ROM.

I bet that in a week or two when Hash is done, this will be amazing, but right now it is just too buggy to be a daily driver.

w0rdie

Jan 26, 2007
Austin, TX
I bet that in a week or two when Hash is done, this will be amazing, but right now it is just too buggy to be a daily driver.

I think a statement like this needs to be qualified a bit. I've had no more issues with the phone crashes that I had early on, the signal status and camcorder bugs (known issues) are not at all a deal breaker for me.

That said, I have been using this ROM for a few days now and have not even considered looking back. I have had no GPS issues, no BT issues, other than the known and posted bugs I did have a some problems with the dialer crashing but again its not happened again.

My point is merely that the onus is on each user to read through the developer notes on this rom or any, read through the forum(s) to get a picture of what surprises may have been uncovered by early adopters (noting that conflicts may be present, for example GPS is fine for me and always has been, others are not able to get it to work) and then make a judgement call on wether or not the rom in its current state is first worth trying, and if so, is it worth keeping. To each his own.

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I think a statement like this needs to be qualified a bit. I've had no more issues with the phone crashes that I had early on, the signal status and camcorder bugs (known issues) are not at all a deal breaker for me.

That said, I have been using this ROM for a few days now and have not even considered looking back. I have had no GPS issues, no BT issues, other than the known and posted bugs I did have a some problems with the dialer crashing but again its not happened again.

My point is merely that the onus is on each user to read through the developer notes on this rom or any, read through the forum(s) to get a picture of what surprises may have been uncovered by early adopters (noting that conflicts may be present, for example GPS is fine for me and always has been, others are not able to get it to work) and then make a judgement call on wether or not the rom in its current state is first worth trying, and if so, is it worth keeping. To each his own.

True to an extent. But then again, many are having issues. But they would have working camcorder and GPS and Swype without FC, etc... if they were stock. Hash put out a really lengthy explanation of what he is working on, why he is doing it the way he is, etc... My question is why give up features or have FC's when the stock ROM works fine and a major overhaul is coming in a week or so?

It's a valid quation...

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Not sure if he posted it here, but here is his plan and what he is working on, and why, etc...

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...p-unofficial-cm101-jb-421-0124-beta/?p=248653

epinter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
True to an extent. But then again, many are having issues. But they would have working camcorder and GPS and Swype without FC, etc... if they were stock. Hash put out a really lengthy explanation of what he is working on, why he is doing it the way he is, etc... My question is why give up features or have FC's when the stock ROM works fine and a major overhaul is coming in a week or so?

It's a valid quation...

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Not sure if he posted it here, but here is his plan and what he is working on, and why, etc...

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...p-unofficial-cm101-jb-421-0124-beta/?p=248653

We can't say how much time a person will do a work like a kernel port. It's a complex, very hard job. Sometimes, when we develop, we encounter some barriers that make us work on a problem for days, weeks, or months. Specially when we don't have documentation. And we have family too...

Hashcode it's doing an amazing job, but everyone has personal life and must give a break. Even without a break, "one week or so" is a very very very short time.

koftheworld

Jun 9, 2010
Central NJ
Woah woah woah. Who needs family? Haha but seriously though what hash is doing with the kernel is all trial and error.

Sent from Cthulu's brain

Understatement of the year

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

We can't say how much time a person will do a work like a kernel port. It's a complex, very hard job. Sometimes, when we develop, we encounter some barriers that make us work on a problem for days, weeks, or months. Specially when we don't have documentation. And we have family too...

Hashcode it's doing an amazing job, but everyone has personal life and must give a break. Even without a break, "one week or so" is a very very very short time.

That's why we appreciate your work so much.

Reactions: heffzilla

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CM10.1 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.2) ROM for RAZR HD.

I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.

This firmware can be used with a unlocked bootloader.

Download links and information about what is working can be found on the website:
    http://www.linuxmobile.org/razrhd/cm10-1

Instructions:
    Download the zip (cm-10.1-*-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip) and copy to your sdcard.
    Boot into recovery.
    Backup your firmware and data!
    Format /system.
    Install the firmware (install zip from...).
    Install gapps (install zip from...).
    Wipe data/cache (don't wipe if you plan to upgrade from CM10 to CM10.1)
    Reboot.

DEVELOPERS (razrqcom-dev-team):
    EPinter - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT925 & MB886 Support
    DHacker - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
    Hashcode - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
    Nadlabak - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support
    Skrilax_CZ - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support

Developers builds:
    DHacker: http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/cm/
    Epinter: http://goo.im/devs/epinter
    Skrilax: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm10.1nightly/razrqcom/choose_device.php

37XGm.png

0Mx4q.png

ti5bH.png

2eWHL.png
    Feedback

Last week, cyanogenmod introduced some changes that break razrhd, don't boot anymore. To make it work again, we must make a change that breaks video decoding. We are working on a solution to solve all the kernel problems and avoid this kind of issue, but it may require some time.
    Working with dhacker to bring cm-10.2 to motorola qcom phones. Progress until now:
    No calls, lot of crashes, but some things working (wifi, display, audio). A lot of things to do yet. No ETA.

Be7LNcy.png
    Updated to 4.2.2, no bootloops or sensor problems.
    I hate when that happens. And it's more frustrating when there's so few other Roms to try with our device. But epinter has all the right to focus on his real work and family. I appreciate his work and I hope he can work again on this Rom in the near future.

I, as I'm sure many of you are, love to try new Roms on my Android devices. And the lack of options on this magnificent phone is infuriating. So many potential.

I'm trying to do something, some minutes in a day ... Building, trying to debug camera ...