[ROM] RONGON 5TH ELEMENT 4.4.2 KITKAT Note III for Canadian Varient (SM-N900W8)

Search This thread

spinrite

Oct 30, 2006
Winnipeg
My apologies to shant0nu, problem seemed on my end. One laptop and phones browser wouldnt download the linked file no matter how many times i tried. Just now tried it on my other laptop. It downloaded, cant figure that out.

force70

So will this work on my T-mobile though? lol Thanks for any feedback. :confused:

Im running a tmo 4.4 rom now on my CAN device...with a tmo kernel lol.still running the 4.3 bootloader though which u cant do on this rom if im not mistaken.

This ought to run fine on tmo as long as you have a 4.4 bootloader but flash a tmo kernel in recovery after the rom then reboot.there are several working tmo kernels for 4.4.

Sent from my G2,Note 3 or S4

odeccacccp

Dec 20, 2011
Bradford West Gwillimbury
Not from your external SD. Best you back up your data and restore right after install this 5th element. That will merge all ur data .Other wise you cannot do dirty flash. It does clear system and data for the clean installation.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SO if I don;t have an ext. sd then it will wipe my card?
I mean I don;t have ext. card, I have 32 GB on the phone thats more then needed

shant0nu

Mar 28, 2012
Saskatoon
It will wipe ur phone data and system before its install. But it will not format ur phone built in SD. Long story short.... If u copy the 5th installer in the phone SD and then flash with CWM or TWRP recovery u will get a fresh installation even if you do a dirty flash. My installer script us intelligent to wipe ur system and data before its get installation. Hope u understand now. Thanks for looking at my post.

odeccacccp

Dec 20, 2011
Bradford West Gwillimbury
It will wipe ur phone data and system before its install. But it will not format ur phone built in SD. Long story short.... If u copy the 5th installer in the phone SD and then flash with CWM or TWRP recovery u will get a fresh installation even if you do a dirty flash. My installer script us intelligent to wipe ur system and data before its get installation. Hope u understand now. Thanks for looking at my post.

ok I get it.

in the thread MyROM here the guy fixed that problem I think.

shant0nu

Mar 28, 2012
Saskatoon
Excellent!! Have u flashed this ROM? How is it? Need some feedback on this friends.....

tkjeeper

Jan 24, 2011
Excellent!! Have u flashed this ROM? How is it? Need some feedback on this friends.....

You have to remove the preload wipe from the updater script, that will stop the internal sd wiping on NA models.
Thank Tiffany84 for that tip, lol .

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

shant0nu

Mar 28, 2012
Saskatoon
Logically it does not wipe ur SD but only ur Data and System needs to wipe to get the full advantage of the ROM. Otherwise u cannot mix ROM with dirty flash. So at this point I don't have to change anything in the installer script. Thanks.

Fbhadha

Oct 30, 2013
I was just wondering. I am new. Not sure what a 4.4 bootloader would look like? How do I install it? What do i do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Build from the best Dev team`s elements only for Canadians
    Supported Carrier Out of the box:
    (Rogers, Fido, Telus, Koodo, Bell, Virgin and SaskTel)
    RONGON 5th Element
    This ROM is only for Canadian SM- N900W8.
    :cool:This is for sure would be daily driver.

Recommended: Make a Nandroid Backup always.
    COPY ROM TO THE EXTERNAL SDCARD BEFORE INSTALLING!
    Recommended: Full Wipe by CWM or TWRP Recovery for a Clean Install
    Boot into recovery
    Wipe Data / Factory reset
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    Flash ROM
    Make sure you have 4.4.2 KitKat boot loader.

Super-fast and battery friendly and gently DE bloated and Knox removed.
    Rooted and nicely Themed.
    Thank me if you like this 5th Element ROM.
    Enjoy……….!!!

Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/o7...xed_Rooted.zip
    I am sorry, if this for Canadian ONLY, why is here in the T-Mobile Section?

We Canadians don't have separate forum. As T-Mobile and N900W8 have LTE its very much vice versa to flash this ROM except CSC as this assigned only for Canadians network.

Its a shame We don't have any forum last version of Note 2 post was always listed in AT&T and now in T-Mobile. Sorry for any inconvenience guys...
    But this is not the end of the world right?? We are all sharing our experience in the forum and that the main motive right?
    No... one point u r right why 3 post? But this is the final one ... As I said this is daily driver. On the other hand with in hundreeds of ROMs none of the post stay more than 2 weeks. All of them gets lost. Any ways... Thanks for your compliment.

I noticed if u use stock kernel u will have some issue on remaxed. But 5th element is good with custom or stock. Everything works perfect. Just use wanam xpos to get some more feature...

Im sorry but why make the same ROM 3 times? There all equivalent, sure changes but could be implemented in one solo ROM no need to make 3 ROM thereads, just updates. If other devs did their work like this will have many ROMs by the same dev. I just dont see no need? Anyhow no disrespect.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk