S5 already rooted.... International version!

Search This thread

ddizzy81

Jul 5, 2010
Hartford, CT
OnePlus 9 Pro
I used titanium backup to restore all my apps which confirmed root. I just followed his directions on his forum...flashed it via Odin.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1397233630198.jpg
    1397233630198.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: CZ Eddie

darkjedi

Jun 7, 2005
Denver
Knox gets tripped and root works just perfect. It flashes a temp recovery, does what it needs to, then flashes back the stock recovery.

YoungAceAtlanta

Feb 8, 2009
New York, NY
instagram.com
So if it worked than that would mean the Tmo bootloader is in fact not locked as some have said it would be.

Sent from my G2, Note 3 or S4

No its still locked. What CF auto root does is modify the stock recovery to install root and then flashes the stock recovery back.

With a locked bootloader the only roms you'll be getting is stock with the use of a safestrap method

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

idtheftvictim

Dec 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No its still locked. What CF auto root does is modify the stock recovery to install root and then flashes the stock recovery back.

With a locked bootloader the only roms you'll be getting is stock with the use of a safestrap method

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

@YoungAceAtlanta how are you confirming it is locked when Chainfire said if the CF-Auto-Root worked, then we don't have a locked bootloader?!?!?!

Maybe you are upset because the AT&T version IS LOCKED???? and that is what YOU have?

YoungAceAtlanta

Feb 8, 2009
New York, NY
instagram.com
@YoungAceAtlanta how are you confirming it is locked when Chainfire said if the CF-Auto-Root worked, then we don't have a locked bootloader?!?!?!

Maybe you are upset because the AT&T version IS LOCKED???? and that is what YOU have?

First this isn't about what carrier anyone is on lol. Second it already been confirmed by AnandTech that all US versions would have a locked bootloader and most people trust their information. And if you understand how Chainfire method works you'll understand that.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

idtheftvictim

Dec 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC
First this isn't about what carrier anyone is on lol. Second it already been confirmed by AnandTech that all US versions would have a locked bootloader and most people trust their information. And if you understand how Chainfire method works you'll understand that.

I agree...it isn't about carrier, but I don't understand how you are confirming that it is a locked bootloader, when Chainfire has said multiple times that if his CF-auto-root worked on our device, then it isn't a locked bootloader. I trust Chainfire over any AnandTech review.

Reactions: el7145

YoungAceAtlanta

Feb 8, 2009
New York, NY
instagram.com
I agree...it isn't about carrier, but I don't understand how you are confirming that it is a locked bootloader, when Chainfire has said multiple times that if his CF-auto-root worked on our device, then it isn't a locked bootloader. I trust Chainfire over any AnandTech review.

The AT&T Note 3 bootloader is locked but we still obtain root and flash custom roms. If I'm correct Chainfire and DesignGears worked on that device

bzlik88

Jul 14, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I could be wrong or I could be right. But as of right now no one has confirmed it to be unlocked besides Chainfire has root on it

I hope your wrong but for now your right. Unless someone flashes a rom/kernel/recovery I'm not convinced. I'm betting 650 on it so I need proof =P

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda app-developers app

cwalker0906

Nov 2, 2010
chicago
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
The art note 3 doesn't have auto root because of locked bootloader....it has a different method. If bootloader is locked you cannot replace stock recovery which is what cf autoroot does. Hence why note 3 for att has different method. If autoroot works bootloader is unlocked

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Root de la vega is what att note 3 uses. Cf autoroot will not work on it because of locked bootloader

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Just check chain fires home page of all listed devices. No att or Verizon autoroot for note 3 or s4 because of locked boot loaders. We are good...dude from art get the right info before you start hating my friend. Don't be mad just switch to T-Mobile and you will be good

Reactions: idtheftvictim

Top Liked Posts