Atrix update 4.1.57 released to public (UPDATE: WE HAVE ROOT!!!)

Search This thread

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
just flash the retail sbf that you can get here on the forums and your fine.
on a second note, did anyone get an email yet? on their forum it says they have 1000 testers and they will start getting mails after being picked, so i didnt get a mail yet and im wondering if anyone else here got it already?

No email yet. I registered 15 minutes after it was announced too. They still haven't listed the release notes yet either. If they keep this crap up I'm just going to return the phone. It should not take this long to get the information out to people. They should have been ready to get the ball rolling immediately but I have a feeling it's going to take a while and that's just for the "pre-release". I wonder if they understand that we're doing them a favor by being their guinea pigs?

franciscojavierleon

Jul 16, 2010
Maracaibo
we have just reached 1000 beta testers. that means MAYBE later today we will get emails if we were accepted and MAYBE post the release notes.

Everyone that gets the email, please post it here minus the private parts.

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
we have just reached 1000 beta testers. that means MAYBE later today we will get emails if we were accepted and MAYBE post the release notes.

Everyone that gets the email, please post it here minus the private parts.

The original post in that thread said "A list of enhancements will be provided when the registration closes". Is it too much to ask they post a simple statement?

I know I'm probably being too impatient about this but why do things like this, regardless of phone or carrier, move at glacial speeds? This is a limited roll-out to 1,000 people. I say lets get this going, why wait?

phobos512

Mar 1, 2009
They say to check back later for the release notes:

Mark from Motorola said:
170. Mar 25, 2011 11:07 AM (in response to Mark (Forums Manager))
Atrix 4G: AT&T Software Update News
We've reached 1000 registrants at ~10:15am Central. Users with valid registration information will be selected and will receive further information via email. We'll provide another update when we're ready to push updates to all users. I'll lock this thread now. Check back later for release notes. Thanks again for your interest in Motorola Software Pre-Releases.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
The worst part is it is still a pre-release. Who knows when it will be available to the general public. So we're looking at at least a month and a half for the 1st "fix", I can hardly consider this an update. Now we still have to sit on our hands for voice quality, HSUPA, Gingerbread, etc.

Gingerbread is interesting because they said it would be available by the end of 2011 which technically means they could hold off to December 31st and who knows if there will be any "delays".

crnkoj

Feb 16, 2011
im sad that there is no wifi improvement =/ uhm and the release notes page gives instructions how to install aswell, so i guess those who were picked got the updates already.

iceman4357

Jun 17, 2006
St.Louis
The release notes are now available. It seems this will be a very insignificant update for many people

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/47575?tstart=0

I disagree. Although it doesnt address a few of the issues we discuss on here, I am still impressed at how fast they are working to try and make the phone better. This phone has only been out 1 month and they have been working on updates, and have great/open communication with their end users. I have faith that they will continue to work on making the phone better. Although these smaller updates dont give us HSUPA, or an unlocked bootloader, I would prefer these smaller updates that address "insignificant" issues a month at a time instead of Samsung who has horrible communication and pushes everything off.

link12245

May 3, 2009
Clearwater, FL
Hopefully the update will fix low volume on car dock. Procrastinated too long to return it, so now it's just a hunk of plastic.

When anyone gets the email, could you post on here. Don't want to be waiting all night if I'm not in. Thanks!

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
I disagree. Although it doesnt address a few of the issues we discuss on here, I am still impressed at how fast they are working to try and make the phone better. This phone has only been out 1 month and they have been working on updates, and have great/open communication with their end users. I have faith that they will continue to work on making the phone better. Although these smaller updates dont give us HSUPA, or an unlocked bootloader, I would prefer these smaller updates that address "insignificant" issues a month at a time instead of Samsung who has horrible communication and pushes everything off.

These problems probably wouldn't have existed if they didn't try to push out the phone to market in head of the Thunderbolt. And I meant "insignificant" because most people are looking for the uncapped HSUPA, bootloader unlock, and Gingerbread. I wasn't saying that the improvements themselves were insignificant

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011

And quit trying to put Motorola up on a pedestal

Last edited:

iceman4357

Jun 17, 2006
St.Louis
These problems probably wouldn't have existed if they didn't try to push out the phone to market in head of the Thunderbolt. And I meant "insignificant" because most people are looking for the uncapped HSUPA, bootloader unlock, and Gingerbread. I wasn't saying that the improvements themselves were insignificant

Correct me if I am wrong, but HSUPA is capped because AT&T tells the manufacturers to do so. Just like the Captivate that had a capped upload speed, or any other AT&T device other than the Iphone. I think the HSUPA argument should be aimed at AT&T.

I am not putting Moto up, but when you look at how they are verses other manufacturers they are much better in my opinion.

What I dont understand is if you knew all these things about the Atrix, why did you even buy it? To my knowledge there is really only one phone that is truely open source: Nexus S. If the Atrix really bugs you that much, why dont you return it and get the Nexus S?

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
Correct me if I am wrong, but HSUPA is capped because AT&T tells the manufacturers to do so. Just like the Captivate that had a capped upload speed, or any other AT&T device other than the Iphone. I think the HSUPA argument should be aimed at AT&T.

I am not putting Moto up, but when you look at how they are verses other manufacturers they are much better in my opinion.

What I dont understand is if you knew all these things about the Atrix, why did you even buy it? To my knowledge there is really only one phone that is truely open source: Nexus S. If the Atrix really bugs you that much, why dont you return it and get the Nexus S?

Correct. The HSUPA problem is AT&T's fault. I never said otherwise. I was speaking of other people's expectations.

But you keep praising them while at the same time bashing Samsung. Not everyone's experiences are the same with any company.

To be honest, I was a little unaware of the severity of the bootloader situation which I can admit is my fault for not doing the proper research. And I actually plan on buying the Nexus S, with Sprint. I am so unhappy with Moto and AT&T I am willing to pay the outrageous ETF just to get away.

Top Liked Posts