Why the lack of microSD may be a problem.

Search This thread

Sarsippius

Aug 6, 2010
I accept this now. I want good sound quality for lossless so I give up on all in one phones. cowon makes good players if you ignore the android one. only problem I see is where to save 1080p recordings. I guess you buy a camera and get a fanny pack.

Yeah an all in one device is always going to require compromises, if you're serious about music and quality then a separate player is the best option. My Clip+ is tiny, has output that's more than likely better than any phone on the market and can take a microsd card. Coupled with a high end pair of headphones and it's hard to beat. The only thing a phone has going for it is it's one less device to carry around, that's it.

Spl4tt

I accept this now. I want good sound quality for lossless so I give up on all in one phones. cowon makes good players if you ignore the android one. only problem I see is where to save 1080p recordings. I guess you buy a camera and get a fanny pack.

someone from my world x)
cowon is the only way to go if you want quality audio.. phones mostly suck.
with my cowon j3 i got 32gigs +32gigs on SDCard. for movies i use my pc or laptop :p but the One X will have enough space for HD movies too..

Sent from my HTC HD2

Henkjoost

Feb 2, 2011
OnePlus 10 Pro
2. When doing anything like flashing PD98IMG.zip files like in the Desire HD, how are you going to be able to get rid of/rename the file on the internal NAND if you cannot access the main Android OS?

Most custum recoverys now have 'mount sd' right? I think they wil find a way to acces the memory in recovery mode. Or maybe put some script in the updatefile to rename itself.. :p

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    but the inbuild battery could be a pain in the 4$$: what if the system freezes? bsod or some thing? will there be any reset button like the good old WiMobile phones? i don't think so.

It will reboot when you hit on/off for 10 secs.this is hardcoded so it'll work anytime.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
    So how are we meant to to nandroid backups? Won't flashing just erase all internal memory?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using xda premium
    So how are we meant to to nandroid backups? Won't flashing just erase all internal memory?

No if you go look in the development section you can see that the One X has an internal virtual sd partition.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

nope, as said: virtual sd-partition.
    the touch diamond was the same story.
    4GB internal Mem. not efected by flashing, hardreset etc. im not sure at this moment, but i have in mind, that you coukd access the int.mem even in the bootloader.
    or just flash a stock rom and youre in.

and if your hardware's dead, then you've got other problems:D
    but in that case you can replace nearly everything on htc-devices.
    on the diamon i replaced a broken display and some speakerstuff successfully.

but the inbuild battery could be a pain in the 4$$: what if the system freezes? bsod or some thing? will there be any reset button like the good old WiMobile phones? i don't think so.

THAT is, what i am afraid of. but i will buy it anyway. it'll be a REALY great device, like the HD2 2,5years ago.:)
    People you need to embrace the cloud (and get a data plan that allows you to!) Modern devices are designed to be always connected. When I'm at home or in the office or in the coffee shop I'm connected to a WIFI hotspot. When I'm out and about I'm connected to 3G (I dream of 4G but the UK lags behind in this at the moment!). When I'm very rarely offline (air-plane, tunnel, black-spots)... I'm prepared for it!

Store your Music in Google Music (technically US only but there are ways and means...) and I guess other alternatives. Have access to all your music and stream it to your phone. Know your going to be offline? Know you want to listen to some specific albums? Download those to your device for offline play!

Photo's and Videos! Dropbox, google+, and facebook all allow for automatic uploading saving you the need to do it later. Want them on your PC also well dropbox has a client for PC syncing so I never need to manually do it! Plus all my photos and videos are now automaticly backed up!

Documents / OneNotes! I'm using skydrive purely because I'm a PC fan boy but drop box could be used also. With one note and skydrive you always have access to your notes on the go or from any PC!

Books again store your libary in the cloud and just download / sync the ones you need now or the ones you know you will need when your offline.

Navigation! After being forced to use Windows phone and Nokia Drive you really appreciate Google navigation. Ok no offline navigation but still...