I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

Search This thread

NickTheMajin

Mar 6, 2012
12 hours screen time you for real?

Yeah. Keep in mind this would be just web browsing, word processing and youtube browsing (ie no gaming). There is also no real multitasking on the iPad like there is on the Nexus. I don't mind the tradeoffs when using the iPad though for the stability and performance. But the same use on the Nexus 10 yields half that.

The transformer tablets get something like 16 hours of screen on time if you factor in the keyboard dock (acts as a second battery) as well.

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Yeah. Keep in mind this would be just web browsing, word processing and youtube browsing (ie no gaming). There is also no real multitasking on the iPad like there is on the Nexus. I don't mind the tradeoffs when using the iPad though for the stability and performance. But the same use on the Nexus 10 yields half that.

The transformer tablets get something like 16 hours of screen on time if you factor in the keyboard dock (acts as a second battery) as well.

I give you credit for getting 12 hrs. I averaged about 7hrs of screen on time usual on the iPad 3 maximum of around 9. With the Nexus I get 6 with a high of about 8. For what it is and does, I am fine with that trade off...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

s1lenz

Sep 27, 2010
The term retnia display is apples way of tricking stupid people into buying their tech products because they don't think the buyer would understand resolution or ppi.

Its just a marketing technique to make ios people feel superior in life.

..but people dont understand resolution or ppi. they dont understand why 1136 x 640 is "retina" although its not "720p hd"

stiggy2012

Nov 15, 2012

I smell bull****.

I had an iPad 3. Never got *CLOSE* to 12 hours battery life. Usually would get 7-8 before needing to charge, which is about the same as my N10 gets. Both are more than acceptable.

Whilst you don't use your N10 very much, you post on N10 discussion boards daily. What's that about?

NickTheMajin

Mar 6, 2012
I smell bull****.

I had an iPad 3. Never got *CLOSE* to 12 hours battery life. Usually would get 7-8 before needing to charge, which is about the same as my N10 gets. Both are more than acceptable.

Whilst you don't use your N10 very much, you post on N10 discussion boards daily. What's that about?

I actually do get 12 hours of battery life doing everything but playing games. You definitely were not getting 7 unless all you were doing was playing games.

http://bgr.com/2012/12/05/ipad-battery-life-comparison/

As for why I post here, I own a Nexus 10 and am always looking for a rom that will make me like this tablet. Unfortunately that has not happened yet.

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
I actually do get 12 hours of battery life doing everything but playing games. You definitely were not getting 7 unless all you were doing was playing games.

http://bgr.com/2012/12/05/ipad-battery-life-comparison/

As for why I post here, I own a Nexus 10 and am always looking for a rom that will make me like this tablet. Unfortunately that has not happened yet.

I see the N10 nowhere in that post, but I've clocked in 8+ hours on a non-gaming usage day, before absolutely HAVING to plug in, with a defective N10.

NickTheMajin

Mar 6, 2012
I see the N10 nowhere in that post, but I've clocked in 8+ hours on a non-gaming usage day, before absolutely HAVING to plug in, with a defective N10.

That was more just showing that the iPad gets 12+ hours of usage and not related to the Nexus 10 at all. The thing is, I'm sure I could get 7 hours of screen on time if I didn't use my tablet at max brightness. The thing is I need to or else I can't see the screen when I use it during the day (tends to be very bright on my college campus). The iPad handled max brightness all the way till the 10-12 hour mark. This thing dies within 5 hours if I'm lucky.

Right now my tablet sitting next to me is on 9 days up at 9% battery remaining with 30 minutes of screen on time. So its definitely that display that absolutely slaughters the battery. May have been better not making it such a high resolution since it obviously cannot handle it since battery life and performance suffers.

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
I must say, I haven't had a single random reboot on my N10. As far as battery life... You and that site are about the only people I know who can eke out 12 hours, but hey, to each his own. I'm pretty happy with my N10. To be hones,t my aversion to iPads is largely the OS and the fact I can't wipe and install what I want on it.

NickTheMajin

Mar 6, 2012
I must say, I haven't had a single random reboot on my N10. As far as battery life... You and that site are about the only people I know who can eke out 12 hours, but hey, to each his own. I'm pretty happy with my N10. To be hones,t my aversion to iPads is largely the OS and the fact I can't wipe and install what I want on it.

That is very true (iOS being locked down). I do not like iOS and its one of the largest reasons I really wanted to like the Nexus 10. But the package you get with an iPad really is pretty good when you think about it. At the end of the day, the iPad is stable and just works. You do not have all the customization you get with Android for sure, but that stability made it more useful than the Nexus 10 to me personally. There really is no need to wipe and install whatever you want on it because it already has fantastic performance, fantastic battery life, and stability.

I did have a ton of reboots (Upwards of 5 times a day) before 4.2.2. So for three months I had a basically useless paper weight because I could not use it for any serious work because I was afraid it would reboot. My girlfriend used it to study once and said she would never use a Nexus tablet again afterwards. It rebooted on her every 20 minutes while she did her online problem sets. If you have never had a reboot I would guess that you recently got your Nexus 10 after 4.2.2 was released? Because most of the reboots are gone with 4.2.2. I still get them when installing applications but I've haven't got near as many as I did before.

And please believe that I'm not biased against Android. I have not owned an iPhone since 2009. I jumped ship from the iPhone 3G to the HTC Incredible as soon as it came out (And now have a Galaxy Note 2). I guess I was expecting a comparable experience on the Nexus 10 that I had with my Android phone and it just wasn't there for me.

Last edited:

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
That is very true (iOS being locked down). I do not like iOS and its one of the largest reasons I really wanted to like the Nexus 10. But the package you get with an iPad really is pretty good when you think about it. At the end of the day, the iPad is stable and just works. You do not have all the customization you get with Android for sure, but that stability made it more useful than the Nexus 10 to me personally. There really is no need to wipe and install whatever you want on it because it already has fantastic performance, fantastic battery life, and stability.

I did have a ton of reboots (Upwards of 5 times a day) before 4.2.2. So for three months I had a basically useless paper weight because I could not use it for any serious work because I was afraid it would reboot. My girlfriend used it to study once and said she would never use a Nexus tablet again afterwards. It rebooted on her every 20 minutes while she did her online problem sets. If you have never had a reboot I would guess that you recently got your Nexus 10 after 4.2.2 was released? Because most of the reboots are gone with 4.2.2. I still get them when installing applications but I've haven't got near as many as I did before.

And please believe that I'm not biased against Android. I have not owned an iPhone since 2009. I jumped ship from the iPhone 3G to the HTC Incredible as soon as it came out (And now have a Galaxy Note 2). I guess I was expecting a comparable experience on the Nexus 10 that I had with my Android phone and it just wasn't there for me.

I'll be happy to admit that if not for the generation gap, and the fast-outpacing of Tegra 2, I consider my old Acer Iconia a500 to be a superior tablet overall than the Nexus 10. But I need the performance gains and new instruction sets.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
I don't know about you, but random reboots is a pretty large problem. Other than that, in my personal use, battery life, washed out display and not smooth performance.

No I agree reboots is huge, a deal breaker really.

But 6-7 hours of screen on time is great. I only have to charge once overnight and it lasts me all day. Very acceptable to me.

Didn't have problems with my display, and performance has been smooth on my end..

NickTheMajin

Mar 6, 2012
Honestly, replacing the OS for performance isn't my reasoning. My fiance says I have an incessant need to tweak everything, break it, fix it, then break it again 2 weeks later.

It sounds like the Nexus 10 is for you then. I want stability and performance before customization and tweaking. My Note 2 has both fine, I was just expecting the Nexus 10 to as well.

Sensamic

Jul 27, 2010
Yeah. This tablet has some annoying bugs. I think there's no perfect android tablet.

I stay with it because android is the only mobile OS that allows me to do the stuff I need: file browser, easy internet downloads, torrents, emulators, Bluetooth transfers, etc.

Ipad is a better tablet, but it can't do any of that. I need functionality.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 10 usando Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Too many damn reboots!
    Even on 4.2.2

Only good thing is the incredible ipad beating resolution.

So whats the next best tablet over this nexus 10?I'm in the market to buy like today!

Cya. I'll let you know how Ubuntu is, and you can sit behind from another 10" tablet and receive all of the future android updates 3 months behind, or a month later and half baked.
    The Nexus 10 was made for those who like to tinker. And as such, the reboots aren't as big a problem as they would be on other devices since they're easily solved by flashing a custom rom.

If you want something working flawless out of the box and dont see an issue with a walled garden, get an iPad. If you can put up with manufacture skins and a lack of speedy updates, get a Note 10.1. If you want to play russian roulette with your build quality, get a Transformer TF700. If you dont care about vast application support, get a Surface. If none of those sound appealing, give up on tablets.
    Too many damn reboots!
    Even on 4.2.2

Only good thing is the incredible ipad beating resolution.

So whats the next best tablet over this nexus 10?I'm in the market to buy like today!

Ha ha, no reboots here.....ever on any ROM. You were a baby on the note 717 forums too so I don't expect any less

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    To be fair, its pretty safe to assume he won't like his replacement unit either! :good:
    I tried it all. Pointless now though. Already RMA'd it and new one should arrive monday according to tracking info so we'll see

So you should change the title of the posting since you're not done with it :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app