HTC: 4.3 for DNA and ONE by end of Sept. Nice!!

Search This thread

jerrickdamon

Apr 11, 2012
Newport
I love how people in this forum can take a positive like this and turn it right into a negative. HTC says it'll happen so eventually it'll happen. I DO undersrand how VZW can be but b*tching about it isn't going to change it.
Personally, I can't wait for this update. Looking forward to tinkering with the Sense 5.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Stratman14

kformeck

Aug 12, 2013
its nice that they actually went straight to JB 4.3 instead of JB 4.2.2 and still being a version behind.

ricecake2000

Jun 2, 2012
its nice that they actually went straight to JB 4.3 instead of JB 4.2.2 and still being a version behind.

Also nice to know that they are doing this due to all the questions being sent to HTC about updates.

I am curious as to what will happen with vzw as well....could be they are "testing" it now for a beg/mid sept release or we will get it a week before Christmas. Ha

kformeck

Aug 12, 2013
Also nice to know that they are doing this due to all the questions being sent to HTC about updates.

I am curious as to what will happen with vzw as well....could be they are "testing" it now for a beg/mid sept release or we will get it a week before Christmas. Ha

lol, I seriously hate Verizon, but unfortunately if I want to continue to use my phone as a phone in my area, I have no other choice.

Thank God there is XDA though, I'm currently running a 4.3 AOSP based ROM and I love it! I definitely won't be going back to stock to get this update because I'm not really a fan of Sense. However, I will say that Sense 5 is the nicest version so far.

rsims26

Jun 15, 2010
Longview
Regardless if Verizon takes their sweet time, once HTC releases it for the other carriers, the awesome developers here on XDA will port it over for us. We will see 4.3 in September one way or the other. On a side note, numerous people have reported Verizon is testing a ROM for the DNA. My best guess is that they have planned on skipping 4.2 for sometime now and 4.3 is the ROM that is currently in Verizon's hands.

That my friends is a "glass half full" comment.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

kformeck

Aug 12, 2013
Regardless if Verizon takes their sweet time, once HTC releases it for the other carriers, the awesome developers here on XDA will port it over for us. We will see 4.3 in September one way or the other. On a side note, numerous people have reported Verizon is testing a ROM for the DNA. My best guess is that they have planned on skipping 4.2 for sometime now and 4.3 is the ROM that is currently in Verizon's hands.

That my friends is a "glass half full" comment.

Let's hope Verizon pushes this in a timely manner.

btw, is there any chance that an official 4.3 update to the DNA will mean more stable AOSP ROMs? or will apply only to Sense based ROMs?

kformeck

Aug 12, 2013
That's a bummer. Oh, well, I haven't really given sense 5 much of a chance. Maybe I'll force myself to spend two weeks with it, maybe I'll end up liking it. AOSP is just elegant.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
That's a bummer. Oh, well, I haven't really given sense 5 much of a chance. Maybe I'll force myself to spend two weeks with it, maybe I'll end up liking it. AOSP is just elegant.

AOSP is nice. I'm on Carbon right now. But I can't wait for an official verizon sense 5, 4.3 port.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
I think from a more global android perspective, Google needs to work more with there handset manufacturers (yes, that means helping Samsung / HTC despite their Moto biz) so that when they announce a new version, there is much less lead time to seeing it roll out to phones. Apple get praises because they announce, open beta, and release in a timely manner, but that's because they've basically taken care of most of the work behind the scenes before they announce. Google on the other hand announces, then get it to the manufacturers, who customize and test, and it just adds so much extra lead time.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
I think from a more global android perspective, Google needs to work more with there handset manufacturers (yes, that means helping Samsung / HTC despite their Moto biz) so that when they announce a new version, there is much less lead time to seeing it roll out to phones. Apple get praises because they announce, open beta, and release in a timely manner, but that's because they've basically taken care of most of the work behind the scenes before they announce. Google on the other hand announces, then get it to the manufacturers, who customize and test, and it just adds so much extra lead time.

Actually, it they need to work with carriers more. Get them the product to test and work out what each carrier wants to work out so the time to release updates is cut down by A LOT. A lot of the time it's the carriers fault that it takes forever to put out an update.

Reactions: rabnud

jmc23200

May 14, 2012
Boston
This makes me happier than it should. Let's cross our fingers and hope Verizon doesn't jack it up.

Last edited:

New8killer

Jun 3, 2013
Euharlee
Actually, it they need to work with carriers more. Get them the product to test and work out what each carrier wants to work out so the time to release updates is cut down by A LOT. A lot of the time it's the carriers fault that it takes forever to put out an update.

It is almost always the carriers fault. They (especially VZW) need to be sure that their stuff is gonna work on it before if is launched, bloat etc.

Reactions: rabnud

robnhl

Sep 15, 2010
We should get 4.3 by the end of September, but we know we'll get it much later from Verizon. :( Anyway, nice looking HTC. :highfive:

Very happy to see this. I'm enjoying CM 10.2 on this phone but after running CM on my GNEX for the last two years something different is in order.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Very happy to see this. I'm enjoying CM 10.2 on this phone but after running CM on my GNEX for the last two years something different is in order.

There's like 8 other Roms just based on AOSP, plus the sense 5 and GPE ROMs, plenty is already out there for different then CM10.2 :thumbup:

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - MoKee

robnhl

Sep 15, 2010
There's like 8 other Roms just based on AOSP, plus the sense 5 and GPE ROMs, plenty is already out there for different then CM10.2 :thumbup:

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - MoKee

I tried a couple of those and wasn't totally satisfied. I will come back to Sense once the official ROM with DNA drivers is available.

danielhall2689

Aug 19, 2012
Atlanta
I'm excited for when nits gets his hands on it. VIPER 4.3 SENSE 5! Wishful thinking. Absolutely!

Top Liked Posts