How to Flash Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0 easily from your phone

Search This thread

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
I just installed Clockwork recovery 3.0+ and CM7 V3 on my G2 and had everything setup. Went to do Backup in recovery and now it just bootloops at the HTC screen. I can get into fastboot and the menu before recovery. I tried reflashing the recovery but still does the same bootloop. I have 26.04.02.17 radio and Hboot 0.76.2000 and s-off. any help appriciated :eek::eek::eek:

Same here, man! Did you fix this?

hungyellow

Jan 15, 2011
Kansas
Ok I know I am a noob and I am just started flashing and rooting last week. So I did the steps in the original post and it worked to perfection. Now my question is that, I am trying to calibrate my battery since I just flashed GingerVillain 1.5. When I reboot to recovery and I go to wipe battery stats and I click yes. There is no confirmation that it was successful nothing happend except it went back to the main screen. So did it work or is something wrong? Thanks in advance.

robot_agenda

Oct 13, 2010
Northern Virginia
I found a really easy way to flash the new recovery. My fastboot didnt seem to have an option for a terminal so I thought of this genius yet n00b way. Here are the steps.

Steps:

1. Install clockworkmod from market.

2. Flash Clockworkmod recovery from Rom Manager.

3. Navigate to clockworkmod/download/koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries (or where ever your recovery was downloaded to. This can be done in File Manager, Astro, or Androzip.

4. Mine was "recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-vision.img". Rename it to "recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-visionXXX.img" or something obviously different.

5. Download clockworkmod 3.0 from hereish:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=893933

6. Move your recovery.img to clockworkmod/download/koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries and name it recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-vision.img

7. Go into ROM Manager and Flash Clockworkmod recovery, it will say its still 2.5.1.3 when your done. Reboot into recovery and you'll be welcomed by a new orange 3.0

More than likely i could have done it much easier but it just kinda clicked and i didn't wanna bother with fastboot as it feels clunky on the G2.

i have followed your steps, but it doesn't update my cwm. it stays at 2.5.1.3 :(

robot_agenda

Oct 13, 2010
Northern Virginia
Yeah, it's still gonna say 2.5.1.3, but when you boot into recovery you will see the difference...everything will be orange.

correct. i have booted into recovery and everything is still green.

Edit: flashed through terminal and now on cwm 3 something

Edit: have to constantly flash through terminal for it to stick...anyone else having a similar issue

Last edited:

joemm

Just read a tweet from koush that he is going to be releasing the CWM Recovery 3.0.0.x officially very soon, he is just waiting on cyanogen to finish running some test with it, so for people having issues with flashing CWM recovery 3.0.0.x you should see some official support from koush real soon.

HotShotAzn

Oct 23, 2007
I'm having problems flashing CWM 3.0

I tried the relabeling method the OP posted but I still have the green recovery menu.

I tried the following in a terminal prompt:
Open terminal emulator:
Su (enter)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (enter)
reboot recovery (enter)

And i reboot into the green recovery.

I booted into FastBoot but I don't have a prompt to get into terminal/command.

EDIT:
Some where along the line, I managed to get into CWM 3.0. It was either uninstalling Rom Manager and trying the command line prompt. But either way, it worked.

Last edited:

PatrickHuey

May 27, 2010
Denton, Tx.
i attempted to get cw3 with this method, but i did not work for me. i replaced the file and i booted into recovery and its still green. i also tried to flash via terminal and it said the image cant be found. so i offically give up. im just gonna have to wait for the offical support. im assuming when the actual recovery to be released you will be able to switch back and forth between recoveries depending if you are flashing froyo or gingerbread. which i guess you can already do.

Mykew

Jan 29, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I found a really easy way to flash the new recovery. My fastboot didnt seem to have an option for a terminal so I thought of this genius yet n00b way. Here are the steps.

Steps:

3. Navigate to clockworkmod/download/koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries (or where ever your recovery was downloaded to. This can be done in File Manager, Astro, or Androzip.

4. Mine was "recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-vision.img". Rename it to "recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-visionXXX.img" or something obviously different.

6. Move your recovery.img to clockworkmod/download/koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries and name it recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-vision.img

7. Go into ROM Manager and Flash Clockworkmod recovery, it will say its still 2.5.1.3 when your done. Reboot into recovery and you'll be welcomed by a new orange 3.0

More than likely i could have done it much easier but it just kinda clicked and i didn't wanna bother with fastboot as it feels clunky on the G2.
legend. Thanks for that. Fast boot and adb were giving me ridiculous grief,

WarBird87

Sep 30, 2010
Clearwater FL
i have done it this way a couple weeks ago and it worked i got the orange CWM but i went back to CM6.1.1... and not that i want to go back to CM7 i tried this 5 times over and over and i still keep getting the green CWM... and i dont know why.

greensnow

Nov 2, 2009
is there a mirror of the cwm3? Every time I click the link in the villian thread it takes me to a page of code I cant dl it :(

KingAndroid

Dec 1, 2010
CWM 3.0.0.5 Refuses to Flash

I am currently using CM7 RC1. I like it, but really need the gapps back and I cannot get them without CWM 3.0.x or later, as it turns out. I have tried adb, terminal emulator, renaming files and flashing within rom manager, and fastboot. I cannot get the new version to work with my G2, and would like to know if there is any other possible way of flashing it over. In case this comes up, rom manager currently says I am on 2.5.1.3, which I am, and just says the rom was flashed successfully whenever I try to flash the new version. And reverting to legacy versions produces the same result and I still boot into 2.5.1.3. Any help?

Shabazkhilgi

May 18, 2009
there's nothing noob about it. that is a bonafide hack. nice!
I did try to flash the recovery with this method on HTC Desire, but it doesnot work, when i checked in recoveries folder i didnt find any .img file, rather i found a .zip file, please guide how ca i flash the Clockworkmod 3 , currently I am having clockworkmod 2.5.0.7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Steps:

Did both the fastboot and the Terminal Emulator versions on the G1 and could only do the Terminal Emulator version on the Cliq. You can also do this via ADB:

adb start-server
    adb devices
    adb shell
    su
    flash_image recovery /path/to/recovery.img
    reboot recovery