[ICS][SGSIII MOD] SGS 3 Touchwiz Launcher Modded for NON-OFFICIAL ICS ROMs v.1.3

Search This thread

froilson

Dec 14, 2007
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi guys,

NOW A NEW VERSION WORKING IN JB, GO TO THREAD http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1838707, is equivalent to 1.0 version of this thread.

I have extracted the version of TouchWiz Launcher from SGS III firmware, and made it compatible with NON-OFFICIAL ICS ROM's for our Galaxy S, I tested with Elitemovil ICS ROM version 1.2 and it works, I haven't tried with other versions.

CHANGELOG:

v1.3:

-Placed open folders so don't cover the Dock Bar.
-Now the App Menu Button can drag to any place on the Dock.
-Corrected an issue with the Number of Gmail Message, added permission for read the gmail database.
-Changed play store icon.

v1.2:

-Corrected an issue when populating folders in Applications menu in Alphabetical Grid, the last page has empty places.
-Changed appearance of the tabs, more like ICS.
-Replaced the Edit Icon in tabs for Play Store Icon.
-Removed the play store entry of the options menu.
-Changed the width of the open folder like ICS, the width is adjusted to the number of elements.
-Changed the position of the title in Folders, now is at bottom of the folder and centered.
-Corrected and issue with the edition of the folder name in Home Screen, when press the back button, text was empty.
-Now, the folder may be created like ICS, if you drag over an App Icon another one, then the folder is created, this only works in Home Screen, in Apps Menu Screen the creation remains the same.
-In Dock bar, you can create folders too, you must drag desktop icons over dock icons and vice versa to create folders, if you drag Dock icons over Dock icons, you swap places.
-When the folder has only one app icon then the folder is replaced with that App icon, like ICS.
-Adjust the size and capitalization of fonts in the App Menu title bars, (Tabs, Edit Mode, Downloaded Apps, Share Apps, Hide Apps)
-Removed the entry to create folders in Home Screen, from Home Eidt Mode Menu and Add Menu, to create folders use the method described above.
-Changed the Widget Search Bar to place the magnifying glass icon inside the box.
-Changed the Title of App Icons in Home Screen and Home Folders to display it in only one line and with ellipsis if the text is cut because there's no gap.

v1.1:

-Corrected and FC when creating a Folder in the Apps Menu, with more than two Apps.
-Corrected the thumbnails of app icons in folder icon, to take a separation between them.
-Added the Add Menu item in Home Screen Menu.
-Added Wallpaper Menu item in Home Screen Menu.
-Removed Add Folder Menu item in Home Screen Menu, now you can add a folder through Add Menu item.

v1.02:

-Activated wallpaper scrolling

v1.01:

-Modified App Menu so the title Apps it's not cut by the edge of the screen.
-Modified text size of the tabs Menu and Widgets and the size of the up bar when in Download, Shared and Hide Apps, now the line doesn't wrap when the number of selected apps and the text after it is greater than the space it has, this maybe doesn't occurs in English but in other languages it is.

v1.0:

-Works the folder creation, no FC.
-The functions of Samsung to set the Wallpaper are eliminated.
-In the Wallpapers Menu Selector, the textes are visible.
-The movement of icons with the move of the phone in SGS2 and SGS3 are removed because incompatibility with SGS.
-The number of unread sms-mms, gmails and missed calls is show over the corresponding Apps, Messages, Phone and Gmail respectively.

NEXT STEPS:

-Try, because is more complex, to put the Apps Options Bar of the Home Screen Up in the screen, so the dock bar can be visible to allow edition of the Dock dragging directly App Icons from Apps Menu. In this moment, you must put the App Icon in the desktop and drag from there to the Dock, so if you have no place you must create a folder over a previous App Icon and drag from there over the Dock. This reduces the number of steps.

Thanks.

Attachments

• update.SecLauncher2_v1.0.zip
    2 MB · Views: 9,406
  • update.SecLauncher2_v1.01.zip
    2 MB · Views: 419
  • update.SecLauncher2_v1.01_nosigned.zip
    2 MB · Views: 261
  • update.SecLauncher2_v1.02.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,130
  • update.SecLauncher2_v1.02_nosigned.zip
    2 MB · Views: 275
  • update.SecLauncher2_v1.1.zip
    2 MB · Views: 2,297
  • update.SecLauncher2_v1.1_nosigned.zip
    2 MB · Views: 1,620
  • update.SecLauncher2_v1.2.zip
    2 MB · Views: 1,497
  • update.SecLauncher2_v1.2_nosigned.zip
    2 MB · Views: 638
  • update.SecLauncher2_v1.3.zip
    2 MB · Views: 4,693
  • update.SecLauncher2_v1.3_nosigned.zip
    2 MB · Views: 3,088
Last edited:

kaynpayn

Aug 30, 2010
Thank you very much for all your work.

If even a port from their powerhouse, witch is supposed not to be limited to anything by hardware, works on SGS (granted, with changes only to make basic things to work but without trimming anything down), I guess we can finally say it's been proven samsung's statement of TW being "too much" for SGS therefore not releasing ICS for this phone to be totally a lie (as almost everyone suspected).

ICS is here, it runs great and i guess it even runs with TW so... yea samsung, people don't really like to be lied to, tends to be bad for business.

That said, i realize this was offtopic. i apologize and i'll stop.
I didn't really like touchwiz's lack of performance, other than that i had no problems with it. Def going to try this!

froilson

Dec 14, 2007
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi, It must be 480x800, I don't make any change for this and in Elitemovil R1.2 ICS ROM it's working well, with this resolution, so... Try it and tell me.

Thanks

oswade

Jun 18, 2010
Doesn't work (doesn't show up with other launchers in home selection).

The original one works (although only correctly sized at 210dpi), but this one doesn't show up.

It would be awesome if we could get this to work on standard 480*800 240 dpi!

EDIT: this is on ICSSGS - maybe i need to redownload?..

froilson

Dec 14, 2007
OnePlus 7 Pro
Doesn't work (doesn't show up with other launchers in home selection).

The original one works (although only correctly sized at 210dpi), but this one doesn't show up.

It would be awesome if we could get this to work on standard 480*800 240 dpi!

EDIT: this is on ICSSGS - maybe i need to redownload?..

It's possible it doesn't work with this ROM ICSSGS, I only test it with Elitemovil R1.2, or may be the zip is corrupted, but don't think so.

To make it work it's hard, because I need to install this ROM in my phone and try to correct the issues, I'm happy with Elitemovil ROM and it's hard to change to another version, maybe I try it but is not secure.

gaurav2009

Jun 14, 2011
this works without changing dpi...... some screens:-

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Skkip

Sep 4, 2006
Paderborn
Hi and thanks for download the launcher.

I have a question for you, some people said me that it doesn't work with CM9, what version are you using?

Thansk

Latest nightly... flashed via cwm after turning signature check off because otherwise install fails... that is the only reason i can think of why it should Not work for other cm users...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

oswade

Jun 18, 2010
Ahhh I forgot to wipe dalvik.. perhaps that will fix it. Will report back in 2mins :)

EDIT: nope lol

Last edited:

awandroid89

Jul 23, 2011
Somewhere in XDA
here I have have removed the apk signiture. Its should work now i hope because before i removed it my phone cant detect the launcher but after i removed it works(Doc's master ICS rom)...:D

my opinion the apps and widget button in the drawer is too big.maybe because its from xhdpi phone:eek:

Attachments

• update.SecLauncher2_v1.0.zip
    2 MB · Views: 139

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

NOW A NEW VERSION WORKING IN JB, GO TO THREAD http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1838707, is equivalent to 1.0 version of this thread.

I have extracted the version of TouchWiz Launcher from SGS III firmware, and made it compatible with NON-OFFICIAL ICS ROM's for our Galaxy S, I tested with Elitemovil ICS ROM version 1.2 and it works, I haven't tried with other versions.

CHANGELOG:

v1.3:

-Placed open folders so don't cover the Dock Bar.
    -Now the App Menu Button can drag to any place on the Dock.
    -Corrected an issue with the Number of Gmail Message, added permission for read the gmail database.
    -Changed play store icon.

v1.2:

-Corrected an issue when populating folders in Applications menu in Alphabetical Grid, the last page has empty places.
    -Changed appearance of the tabs, more like ICS.
    -Replaced the Edit Icon in tabs for Play Store Icon.
    -Removed the play store entry of the options menu.
    -Changed the width of the open folder like ICS, the width is adjusted to the number of elements.
    -Changed the position of the title in Folders, now is at bottom of the folder and centered.
    -Corrected and issue with the edition of the folder name in Home Screen, when press the back button, text was empty.
    -Now, the folder may be created like ICS, if you drag over an App Icon another one, then the folder is created, this only works in Home Screen, in Apps Menu Screen the creation remains the same.
    -In Dock bar, you can create folders too, you must drag desktop icons over dock icons and vice versa to create folders, if you drag Dock icons over Dock icons, you swap places.
    -When the folder has only one app icon then the folder is replaced with that App icon, like ICS.
    -Adjust the size and capitalization of fonts in the App Menu title bars, (Tabs, Edit Mode, Downloaded Apps, Share Apps, Hide Apps)
    -Removed the entry to create folders in Home Screen, from Home Eidt Mode Menu and Add Menu, to create folders use the method described above.
    -Changed the Widget Search Bar to place the magnifying glass icon inside the box.
    -Changed the Title of App Icons in Home Screen and Home Folders to display it in only one line and with ellipsis if the text is cut because there's no gap.

v1.1:

-Corrected and FC when creating a Folder in the Apps Menu, with more than two Apps.
    -Corrected the thumbnails of app icons in folder icon, to take a separation between them.
    -Added the Add Menu item in Home Screen Menu.
    -Added Wallpaper Menu item in Home Screen Menu.
    -Removed Add Folder Menu item in Home Screen Menu, now you can add a folder through Add Menu item.

v1.02:

-Activated wallpaper scrolling

v1.01:

-Modified App Menu so the title Apps it's not cut by the edge of the screen.
    -Modified text size of the tabs Menu and Widgets and the size of the up bar when in Download, Shared and Hide Apps, now the line doesn't wrap when the number of selected apps and the text after it is greater than the space it has, this maybe doesn't occurs in English but in other languages it is.

v1.0:

-Works the folder creation, no FC.
    -The functions of Samsung to set the Wallpaper are eliminated.
    -In the Wallpapers Menu Selector, the textes are visible.
    -The movement of icons with the move of the phone in SGS2 and SGS3 are removed because incompatibility with SGS.
    -The number of unread sms-mms, gmails and missed calls is show over the corresponding Apps, Messages, Phone and Gmail respectively.

NEXT STEPS:

-Try, because is more complex, to put the Apps Options Bar of the Home Screen Up in the screen, so the dock bar can be visible to allow edition of the Dock dragging directly App Icons from Apps Menu. In this moment, you must put the App Icon in the desktop and drag from there to the Dock, so if you have no place you must create a folder over a previous App Icon and drag from there over the Dock. This reduces the number of steps.

Thanks.
    I'll second this cos it's not the same without scrolling wallpaper.

Sent from Noah's Arc using Tapatalk 2

I uploaded a new version activating the scroll of the wallpaper
    Thank you very much for all your work.

If even a port from their powerhouse, witch is supposed not to be limited to anything by hardware, works on SGS (granted, with changes only to make basic things to work but without trimming anything down), I guess we can finally say it's been proven samsung's statement of TW being "too much" for SGS therefore not releasing ICS for this phone to be totally a lie (as almost everyone suspected).

ICS is here, it runs great and i guess it even runs with TW so... yea samsung, people don't really like to be lied to, tends to be bad for business.

That said, i realize this was offtopic. i apologize and i'll stop.
    I didn't really like touchwiz's lack of performance, other than that i had no problems with it. Def going to try this!
    Works good on ICS333. Many thanks.

Any idea how to make SGS3 widgets work? Like weather widget.

To make the widget works in NON-STOCK ROMS is really hard, and heavy because uses many classes from the libraries contained in framwork.dex, framework2.dex and twframework.dex. The people of Samsung has change the standard libraries from Android, I don't know way, I suppose to make this taskes so hard.

If you want to try, may be it's possible to work with this addon, but not sure.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1667051
    Jelly bean support would be great ;)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium