can anybody know how 2 deactivate the secert code on dailer?

Search This thread

rastamit

Aug 19, 2009
hi

as u all know theres secret code on the dialer that u can dial and: show ur imei\reset phone\hard reset and such.

im looking for method that LOCK my device to ALL of the codes (including showing my imei by *#06# and such...) - does anyone know how to do it?

im with stock rom 4/3 +root

tnx guys

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
You do know most of the info from secret codes can be accessed in different ways?
Like your IMEI number shows in about device/status and there are many programs on google play that will do most of those functions as well.

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
delete all the "test" apps and factorymode stuff. (also delete CSC, preconfig and everything that has the same icon as those 2)

I did this on my phone (debloating hardcore mode) and now none of the magic codes work anymore - but yea the info is still there to see.

Even XPrivacy cannot hide the imei (anymore...)...

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Wouldn't this then be like putting steel bars on the windows and leaving front door open?

rastamit

Aug 19, 2009
delete all the "test" apps and factorymode stuff. (also delete CSC, preconfig and everything that has the same icon as those 2)

I did this on my phone (debloating hardcore mode) and now none of the magic codes work anymore - but yea the info is still there to see.

Even XPrivacy cannot hide the imei (anymore...)...

worked like a charm :)
pitty that imei still shows on the phone.

TNX A LOT !

Last edited:

rastamit

Aug 19, 2009
Any specific reason you wanna hide the IMEI? merely out of personal curiousity, not sure I get the point in hiding it?

Because I'm tired of hiding my device every time I come to visit the parents- fear that my little brother (that decided 2 himself that he is android-developer) and already ruined his S4 - will destroy my device too.

thats the all true bro :)

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Password protection maybe? You could always claim some inappropriate context as an excuse.