XBMC that works FLAWLESSLY

Search This thread

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
So I been researching the new Amazon Fire TV and they have figured out how to sideload XBMC on it, but most versions give playback issues except one that was made or the OUYA. The OUYA and Fire TV are both built on Android, so I decided to try the build on the note 10.1 2014 and it works flawlessly!

I've tried and experimented with several versions of XBMC and always had issues with it in some way or the other, but this one is without fault. Give a whirl!

SPMC

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lympe

Sep 21, 2011
I just installed it and works very well. Thank you very much!

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

TabGuy

Jun 20, 2011
Thanks for the link. Works pretty good except for many channels, like HDTV, DIY Network and the Food Network I get script failures and can't watch anything.

Svenjamin

Jun 3, 2013
Fully realize this is probably a really dumb question, but what is the difference between this and the XBMC for Android nightlies I've been using for awhile?

edthesped

Sep 13, 2010
Fully realize this is probably a really dumb question, but what is the difference between this and the XBMC for Android nightlies I've been using for awhile?

Are you sideloading on to firetv? I was going to pass on the firetv but if I can load xbmc on it I think I'll have to jump on it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
Are you sideloading on to firetv? I was going to pass on the firetv but if I can load xbmc on it I think I'll have to jump on it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I am very interested in the fire TV if it can output 24p via xbmc. Otherwise, I'd recommend it to others but the stuttering it would cause on my TV would be unbearable.

vprasinos

Suddenly today XBMC gotham beta 3 won't open. Tried uninstalling and installed back, nothing, the tablet is stuck for 5-10 seconds and then prompts a message that "XBMC needs to close". I don't want to run SPMC as this is compatible with 12.3 and I would like 13 database compatibility.

Anyone else experienced this? Is there a gotham version of SPMC?

edthesped

Sep 13, 2010
I am very interested in the fire TV if it can output 24p via xbmc. Otherwise, I'd recommend it to others but the stuttering it would cause on my TV would be unbearable.

I run XBMC on a Vision3D right now, with my media being served up from a Synology box and it's quite nice. It would be sweet to primarily move to the FireTv as I'm a prime member and must run video full screen through a browser, and though I have a 50/25 wired connection I frequently need to force movies into HD when streaming through Prime.

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
I run XBMC on a Vision3D right now, with my media being served up from a Synology box and it's quite nice. It would be sweet to primarily move to the FireTv as I'm a prime member and must run video full screen through a browser, and though I have a 50/25 wired connection I frequently need to force movies into HD when streaming through Prime.

I'm rocking a raspberry pi tweaked to within an inch of its life lol. Playback is flawless. Navigation is actually great too (I'll post a review I did in a minute) but I want something new with a bit more power so I can use a nicer skin aside from amber. I'm serving media from a Synology Nas as well, the DS112, pretty cheap and very solid.
So yh, I'm hoping the fire tv can do 24p as its perfect otherwise.

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
So I been researching the new Amazon Fire TV and they have figured out how to sideload XBMC on it, but most versions give playback issues except one that was made or the OUYA. The OUYA and Fire TV are both built on Android, so I decided to try the build on the note 10.1 2014 and it works flawlessly!

I've tried and experimented with several versions of XBMC and always had issues with it in some way or the other, but this one is without fault. Give a whirl!

SPMC

What does this do exactly?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
What does this do exactly?

It's just one of dozens of ways of getting media from something to something potentially via something else. Somebody above mentioned using a NAS (Network Attached Storage device) which has their media on it and (I'm assuming) using a XBMC client on their N10.1-14 to access that content. They could potentially then stream that content being received by their N10.1-14 on to something else (EG: TV). There's a ton of ways of accessing and presenting content and XBMC is just one of many.

I use Plex which does pretty much the same thing but supports my smart TVs (Samsung, Google TV) natively so I don't need a device in between. When I'm traveling I use my trusty old AllShare Cast dongle. I have a Windows Home Server vs. a NAS and run PlayOn on it in addition to Plex server. PlayOn provides access to a ton of web content (including Amazon Instant without needing Flash) in addition to integrating VLC to playback content on my server. PlayOn uses the stock video app which means I can use pop-up-play, multi window, and Smart pause. When I'm working on office stuff I'll usually have a movie, TV show, or the live news running in a pop-up window to keep myself amused.

Here's some screen shots. The first three are PlayOn with AIV or Hulu playing; the second two are Plex. Both support Chromecast but I don't use it. With so many ways of doing the same thing there's no right or wrong solution.

13833626153_51c76ff072.jpg

13833957294_2dda7bcbd0.jpg

13833627013_857f079750_n.jpg

13833636625_f7a3d1b8d7_n.jpg

13833662353_d969a68fe9_n.jpg

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
It's just one of dozens of ways of getting media from something to something potentially via something else. Somebody above mentioned using a NAS (Network Attached Storage device) which has their media on it and (I'm assuming) using a XBMC client on their N10.1-14 to access that content. They could potentially then stream that content being received by their N10.1-14 on to something else (EG: TV). There's a ton of ways of accessing and presenting content and XBMC is just one of many.

I use Plex which does pretty much the same thing but supports my smart TVs (Samsung, Google TV) natively so I don't need a device in between. When I'm traveling I use my trusty old AllShare Cast dongle. I have a Windows Home Server vs. a NAS and run PlayOn on it in addition to Plex server. PlayOn provides access to a ton of web content (including Amazon Instant without needing Flash) in addition to integrating VLC to playback content on my server. PlayOn uses the stock video app which means I can use pop-up-play, multi window, and Smart pause. When I'm working on office stuff I'll usually have a movie, TV show, or the live news running in a pop-up window to keep myself amused.

Here's some screen shots. The first three are PlayOn with AIV or Hulu playing; the second two are Plex. Both support Chromecast but I don't use it. With so many ways of doing the same thing there's no right or wrong solution.

13833626153_51c76ff072.jpg

13833957294_2dda7bcbd0.jpg

13833627013_857f079750_n.jpg

13833636625_f7a3d1b8d7_n.jpg

13833662353_d969a68fe9_n.jpg
[/QUOTE

So it's a screen cast? I use my ps3 to watch movies and TV sites from my tracker as a media server but can't play like nesdroid or anything... Sort if I'm way off here...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SPMC