Nexus 5 (xxhdpi) color notifications

Search This thread

bigknowz

GMail

i love this. But can we get just a regular Gmail one? like the hangouts one?

Also it looks liek the Gmail one is out of date as soon as i flash it the play store updates it and the notification goes back to stock

Thanks. Haven't received the new GMail yet, so I can't update. You can turn off auto update on the modified apps so you don't lose color notifications. As far as the GMail Icon, are you referring to the moonshine image in the Google Colors zip?

Attachments

• stat_notify_email.png
    stat_notify_email.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 305

krolla03

Jun 29, 2007
Portland
Yeah that one is awesome. But what does the hangouts one look like in that batch.

I guess i could flash the moonshine one then the hangout one separate huh

Heres the newest gmail btw

PS Couldn't i just unzip your flash file replace the gmail you have in there with the new one rename it to the format you have and then rezip and flash? Or would that not work?

Attachments

• com.google.android.gm-4.9+(1266230).apk
    5.7 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

bigknowz

How to

Yeah that one is awesome. But what does the hangouts one look like in that batch.

I guess i could flash the moonshine one then the hangout one separate huh

Heres the newest gmail btw

PS Couldn't i just unzip your flash file replace the gmail you have in there with the new one rename it to the format you have and then rezip and flash? Or would that not work?

Check out the instructions in Post #2. I just received the new GMail and will update the zips tomorrow.

mkz14

Feb 17, 2011
Just updated the OP with GMail 4.9 for individual and all-in-one zips. Noticed I had the wrong link for Nexus Colors, sorry. Maybe that was the issue.

That should be the issue probably. Will test it again tomorrow and give feedback. Btw is it possible u make this as a xposed module?

bigknowz

Last edited:

StyleUkno

Feb 27, 2011
Lawndale
So, what will it take for you to make this work with PA?

Edit: I'm on PA and the email icon seems to be working fine. The hangouts icon doesn't work.
PyWKLP3
and that's all I have checked. It would be nice if ALL icons worked like this. This should come stock with Android.

http://imgur.com/PyWKLP3 - just in case the attached image doesn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigknowz

bigknowz

Odex / Deodex

So, what will it take for you to make this work with PA?

Edit: I'm on PA and the email icon seems to be working fine. The hangouts icon doesn't work.
PyWKLP3
and that's all I have checked. It would be nice if ALL icons worked like this. This should come stock with Android.

http://imgur.com/PyWKLP3 - just in case the attached image doesn't work.

It looks like PA is Deodexed, so the modded png files need to be in the \system\app apks as opposed to the \data\app apks for odexed ROMS. If you want to test modding Hangouts, check out the instructions in Post #2. Otherwise, upload the apk and I can give it a shot.

Reactions: StyleUkno

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Firstly, I must give credit to @willyjay for showing me how to modify the notification bar icons from black and white to color for Google applications.

NOTE: THESE MODS WORK ON ODEXED ROMS, DEODEXED ROMS NEED MODIFICATIONS TO THE /SYSTEM/APP FOLDER.
    IF NOTIFICATIONS DON'T WORK AFTER INITIAL FLASH, MAKE SURE YOU ONLY HAVE 1 COPY OF THE APK IN YOUR /DATA/APP FOLDER

** Update December 7, 2014 **
    ONLY FOR KK ROMS. EVERYTHING SHOWS UP WHITE IN LP.

You can download individual app color notifications using the hyperlinks at the bottom of this post or the all inclusive zip listed in the instructions.

Nexus Color matches the attached screenshots, Google Color matches the Moonshine Icons

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK, I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone. If you have issues after flashing, you can try to Uninstall Updates in Settings / Apps, or flash Gapps.

Feel free to post icon suggestions, but they should have a transparent background and be 256 x 256 max.

Instructions
    1. Flash Color Notification Icons in recovery (single zip contains all apps listed below)
    2. Wipe cache / dalvik cache (optional)
    3. Reboot
    4. Profit

Google + Nexus Color Google Color
    Calendar Nexus Color Google Color
    EMail Nexus Color Google Color
    GMail Nexus Color Google Color
    Hangouts (only 1 zip)

I'll add more apps and icons.

Screenshots below.

If you like my work, say thanks. I do this for fun, don't donate to me. If you are feeling generous, you can donate to the Alpine Learning Group.
    You can do it!

Create a nandroid backup before attempting this.

Here's how you can create your own notification icons

1. Download 7zip
    2. Download Gimp
    3. Download Notepad++ (we’ll need this for more advanced stuff later)
    4. Create your new icon. You can use Gimp to make sure it is
      • transparent
      • 1 layer
      • 192 x 192 max
    5. Pull the particular app from your phone (\data\app folder for odex ROM, \system\app for deodex, and copy the apk to your computer)
    6. Backup the original apk, I have an N5 folder and a mod folder under that with the modified apk
    7. Use 7zip to open the apk
      • navigate the to res\drawable-xxhdpi folder (Hangouts uses the drawable-xxhdpi-v11 folder)
      • If you would like to see all the icons within the folder, choose Extract from the 7zip menu
      • Overwrite the desired png with your modified png (must be transparent, 1 layer and 192X192 max) - the new png must have the same name as the old png
    8. Back out of the apk
    9. Create a copy of the Color_Notification.zip and rename it accordingly
    10. Use 7zip to open the zip
      • Navigate to the \data\app or \system\app folder and paste the new apk inside
      • back out of the zip
    11. Copy zip to your phone, flash in recovery, profit

The blank zip is attached.
    Reserved

just in case
    would be great if you had a set which matched the minimalistic design of most roms for example having them the same as what they look like in the app draw but just a thought as these are a bit to colourful for me

on a side note great work keep it up :D

Not a problem. I can get that going by Friday. That's how @willyjay used to do it, so it will be an homage to him.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Lollipop

Can update it for deodex rom with lillipop android versino? Thank you :)

Everything comes out white in odexed Lollipop. If you want, send me a deodexed apk to try and mod.