[ROM][ICS][P7300/P7310]Official CyanogenMod 9 [2012-09-03]

Search This thread

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
This is the official CM9 port for the P7300 and the P7310.

EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS 2012-09-03
These builds uses the Linux 3.1.10 kernel and the libs from the official P7310 ICS firmware (the P7300 has borrowed the RIL lib from the official P7500 firmware).

Known issues is some graphics glitches in landscape modes that sometimes appear and that running Google Maps makes Android restart after ~1 minutes use (There's something with the compass sensor driver that goes berserk). And yes, both cameras works.

Important: First install Clockwork 6.0.1.2 in the second post if this thread. If you use the old Clockwork you will get a black screen on the first boot and you will need to do a long press on power to get it running again.
EDIT 2012-09-05 - Do not use Clockwork 6.0.1.2, possible risk of bricking (not sure yet if permanent or if it can be fixed). Using old recovery works with the new builds but you will need to do a long press to get the display working after each time you have booted into recovery.
P7300: http://www.mediafire.com/?wft75e9zvu7e37o (untested)
P7310: http://www.mediafire.com/?ina1yc739svpq3b

Instructions
  • Be aware that everything you do is on your own risk!
  • Make sure you know your way around in Clockwork recovery.
  • BACKUP your old install
  • Install CM9, then install Google apps. Do not forget to wipe.

Downloads P7300 (wifi+3g)

Downloads P7310 (wifi only)

Google apps for CM9 can be found here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps (Upgrading from an erlier Google apps may require a wipe to get everything working)

Changelog
  • 2012-03-02 - We're official! But I'll keep uploading "nightlies" here until the buildbot starts spitting out new builds automaticly. However for changelog I recommend keeping and eye on what get's merged here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z
  • 2012-02-27 - Freshly synced against CM repo.
  • 2012-02-10 - Soft keyboard is now always enabled.
  • 2012-02-08 - Changed PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME to GT-P7300/GT-P7310. Synced source with CM9 where the required patches for 3G and KSM now has been merged.
  • 2012-02-03 - Fixed battery stats (thanks motley) and also added KSM support.
  • 2012-01-30 - Touchscreen driver rewritten to use multitouch slots which I believe is the new standard in ICS. Seems to work a lot better than the old method.
  • 2012-01-27 - Updated 3G fix (airplane mode is supposed to be fixed). Added bluetooth toggle in notification area + wifi toggle.
  • 2012-01-26 - Added undervolting and more overclocking frequencies (stolen from Motleys kernel). Fixed screenshot feature.
  • 2012-01-24 - Both: Some improvements to Torch (no longer flicker, added bright mode to kernel, quick and dirty fix to widget size) and also fixed the battery indicator in low power mode (charging when off) P7310: Removed signal strength bars
  • 2012-01-23b - Enabled CIFS, NTFS and TUN in kernel. Replaced sensors.p3.so with P7300 version.
  • 2012-01-23 - Youtube HD now works. New proprietary libs from pershoots repo. Also modified pershoots P75xx kernel to work with P73xx so it is no longer using Motleys kernel (although several files was kanged from Motleys kernel to make pershoots kernel work on our devices). Now uses bootanimation.zip from Xoom ICS release (looks pretty much the same as before). CIFS, TUN and NTFS is not included in this release but will be added in the next one.
  • 2012-01-11 - Resynced source, tweaked autobrightness, added Torch from CM7 (untested since my camera LED is broken)
  • 2012-01-09 - Initial release

Known issues
  • Camera is not working.
  • Compass is 90 degrees wrong.
  • Rotation animation "blanks out" before it starts.
  • Voice calls (P7300 version) isn't working although some report recieving calls work while outgoing calls is a not.
  • HDMI output is rotated 90 degrees.

Sources

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ics_lockscreen.jpg
    ics_lockscreen.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 25,788
  • ics_about.jpg
    ics_about.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 28,117
Last edited:

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Clockwork Recovery 6.0.0.8 - 2012-07-23 / 2012-07-25

Clockwork Recovery 6.0.1.2 - 2012-09-03

Downloads
  • Clockwork_Recovery_6.0.1.2_GT-P7300.zip
  • Clockwork_Recovery_6.0.1.2_GT-P7310.zip
    EDIT 2012-09-05 - Links removed for now. Got stuck on formatting /cache and since then I'm APX bricked. Hopefully my tablet will recover after battery drain. At least one other user have ended up with the same problem. Not sure if it is something with the new kernel or just a coincidence but I recommend to reflash 6.0.0.8 for now.

Clockwork Recovery 6.0.0.8 - 2012-07-23 / 2012-07-25 (alternate)

Downloads
Use alternate version if you have display problems with the normal versions. The alternate versions uses an older kernel that works better on some devices.

Instructions
  • Everything is done at your own risk.
  • Flash from either stock recovery or another Clockwork recovery.

Last edited:

Lucifus

Nov 27, 2010
Definitely the smoothest experience I've had on this tab; having tried Stock, Overcome and ICS Alpha 2.

Edit:

Camera and Video playback (Youtube, YouTubeHD, Netflix I'm assuming) are of course a no-no still at the moment.

SD Card Video playback has been no problem for me, save for a bit of stuttering on high profile MKV's, but that's the same on every rom.
Streaming Icefilms worked flawlessly, which leaves me happy.

All I want, a fix for the strange half a second Rotation stretching, HD video playback fixed, and ma camera! This would be the perfect rom.

The currently running widgets thing has the app photos rotated 90 degrees, and the screen streches for half a second when rotating.

Otherwise, I'm very happy to see that my tablet is capable of attaining speeds like. Absolutely flawless; what I would give to have a complete ICS rom. xD

Last edited:
Reactions: memtew

Benny879

Dec 19, 2009
Great to see another ICS pop up. I was getting random freezes with Alpha2 as well...I'm assuming its probably related to the kernel?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Lucifus

Nov 27, 2010
One annoyance however; no Market comes with the stock flash, and neither does a file explorer apparently. -___-

EDIT: Finally managed to get market installed, and it insta closes on start. =[

And then I realized its because I failed to remember to flash the Google Apps. -____- haha

Last edited:

rosdol

Jan 30, 2011
Cool Race

Hi, presumably the reace between Alpha 2 team and CyanogenMod9 team is on...

will be interesting to see (and feel) the results once they become Beta...

Looking forward for the result of both teams !:cool:

Regards

Erik

P-7300

Last edited:

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Hi, presumably the reace between Alpha 2 team and CyanogenMod9 team is on...
I have no intention to start any competition. We both have the same goal, a stable and fully functional ICS for the Galaxy 8.9, and I believe sharing thoughts and ideas is the best way to achieve that goal.

And btw, I'm not a team, and while I am responsible for another CyanogenMod port (ZTE V9) this is not by any way yet an official CM9 port. Maybe it will be one day, maybe it won't.

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
I have no intention to start any competition. We both have the same goal, a stable and fully functional ICS for the Galaxy 8.9, and I believe sharing thoughts and ideas is the best way to achieve that goal.

And btw, I'm not a team, and while I am responsible for another CyanogenMod port (ZTE V9) this is not by any way yet an official CM9 port. Maybe it will be one day, maybe it won't.
Adding to that the fact that this is, as the title says, based in CM9 whereas Galaxian Soup's ICS is no longer based in CM9, just AOSP. Both stances are great. The more the merrier I say! This community needs more ideas, more development and talented people like you, alterbridge86 and Team Galaxian Soup. For this, I thank you.

microlueng

Mar 5, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
great rom.I like this rom(maybe batter than galaxy soup alpha2).It is smooth as other roms and fixed the auto bright level on the galaxy soup(it's important to me).thanks the good work.:)

Benny879

Dec 19, 2009
This ROM is run is running real well for me....looking forward to future updates.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

ehcan

Sep 8, 2010
Thank you for an excellent alternative of the ICS.

Sent from my P7300 on CM9 Alpha1

weltwon

Jul 29, 2010
Henderson NV
No voice functions

When this ROM gets the voice functions working, I'll try it again. Until then, I'm going back to Galaxian Alpha 2 where it all works perfectly.

Glenn :)

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
No, the current kernel only supports wifi.

Sent from my GT-P7300

Actually we already have a kernel that supports 3G and has the needed ICS fixes, but it doesn't help, the CM9 ICS build has data disabled.

We (Galaxian-Soup) are working on making a ICS build that has data enabled.

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Actually we already have a kernel that supports 3G and has the needed ICS fixes, but it doesn't help, the CM9 ICS build has data disabled.

We (Galaxian-Soup) are working on making a ICS build that has data enabled.
Here's a totatally untested P7300 version: update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p5-KANG-signed-20120112.zip

May or may not work. Kernel compiled for P7300 and based on pershoots P7500 repo. Used the same proprietary files as in the P7310 version except for the ril lib.

Source: https://github.com/kalltkaffe/android_device_samsung_p5

Reactions: poisike

Top Liked Posts