[Q] My galaxy S4 active sgh-i537 is soft bricked, need help

Search This thread

lavorno

Mar 2, 2014
My phone was rooted then it updated to the 4.3 and when i reset it because the galaxy play store was not working i tried to re root it and it got stuck on a screen upon boot that says Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. But when i go into Kies it just tries to connect and does't not recognize my phone. I need help on what to do please, I have tried everything.

Reactions: Shabnur
D

Deleted member 5657508

My phone was rooted then it updated to the 4.3 and when i reset it because the galaxy play store was not working i tried to re root it and it got stuck on a screen upon boot that says Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. But when i go into Kies it just tries to connect and does't not recognize my phone. I need help on what to do please, I have tried everything.

Do you have CWM installed?

D

Deleted member 5657508

Sorry, should have read a bit closer. I was going to recommend that you use CWM to flash ROMs back but you don't have the i9295. Where did you purchase it from? I'm from Australia, so I'm not sure about the US, but I think I've read in other threads that some Best Buys(?) have Samsung stores in them that have reflashed the stock firmware free of charge without actually checking your warranty. Maybe you want to look into this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lavorno

lavorno

Mar 2, 2014
Sorry, should have read a bit closer. I was going to recommend that you use CWM to flash ROMs back but you don't have the i9295. Where did you purchase it from? I'm from Australia, so I'm not sure about the US, but I think I've read in other threads that some Best Buys(?) have Samsung stores in them that have reflashed the stock firmware free of charge without actually checking your warranty. Maybe you want to look into this?

The problem with your S4A is that it has a locked bootloader, so you can't flash firmware yourself, sorry!

I bought it in the US at a best buy so i will take it there and see what they can do, thanks for the help.

SebringTech

Feb 1, 2011
If you took the official OTA for 4.3, ML2, there is no known root exploit available. Odin is easy to flash with - there are 1 clicks that do all the hard work for you, all you have to do is put your phone into download mode and the app does the rest on your PC. Make sure you have the proper drivers installed. Best way I found was to download the software suite from Samsung for the phone. Without the proper drivers Odin won't see the phone (I found this out the hard way.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5657508

I just took it to best buy and they restored it and now it is as good as new, thanks for the advice.

No worries, I heard they were pretty good in the US. Remember though, you can't root it on 4.3 (yet). If they've set it back to 4.2.2 then you can root again and not update to 4.3. If they've set it to 4.3 then either you will have to follow @Devo7v's instruction to flash back or wait it out as a root method is currently being worked on.

Shabnur

Jun 3, 2014
Bricked SGH i537

my sghi537 has bricked. i can only enter into download mode..
As i downloaded stock firmware of 4.3 ML2 and i tried to flash it by Odin...
Unfortunately at first odin said that i have no pit partition...
then i downloaded Pit and tried to flash but ^^^ write failed ^^^ was the thing i saw every time...
I looked up my phn download mode screen and i found that ^^^ Write protection Enable ^^^
So i couldnt flash stock ML2 firmware and my phn is bricked ....
Someone pls help me...........

then i downloaded Pit and tried to flash but ^^^ write failed ^^^ was the thing i saw every time...
I looked up my phn download mode screen and i found that ^^^ Write protection Enable ^^^
What firmware were you originally on.

I was in 4.3 Ml2
it will b a lot if u help me......
my phn is dead now..
Its saying try kies to recover firmware......
Download the full ML2 Odin, check the MD5 to make sure you didn't get a corrupted download. MAKE SURE all the files are in the right place in Odin and flash away. It should put the stock firmware back on the phone. Then you can proceed from there.

Shabnur

Jun 3, 2014
Download the full ML2 Odin, check the MD5 to make sure you didn't get a corrupted download. MAKE SURE all the files are in the right place in Odin and flash away. It should put the stock firmware back on the phone. Then you can proceed from there.

Sorry to disturb u again..
i m new in advance user mode..
will u tell me how i can compare the md5 num..
i dont even no where it is..
pls help me a little bit more....

The MD5 is sort of like the fingerprint for the file, so you need the MD5 of the file you downloaded to match the MD5 that was posted in the thread. Download WinMD5Sum from the website here. Under File Name load the ML2 Odin zip package that you downloaded. WinMD5Sum will generate the MD5 of the file you downloaded and you can compare that to the MD5 the uploader posted in the thread. If the MD5's match then that means you downloaded exactly what was posted. If the MD5's don't match exactly, then you have a corrupted download and need to download it again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was in 4.3 Ml2
    it will b a lot if u help me......
    my phn is dead now..
    Its saying try kies to recover firmware......
    D
    Deleted member 5657508
    What firmware were you originally on.

The MD5 is sort of like the fingerprint for the file, so you need the MD5 of the file you downloaded to match the MD5 that was posted in the thread. Download WinMD5Sum from the website here. Under File Name load the ML2 Odin zip package that you downloaded. WinMD5Sum will generate the MD5 of the file you downloaded and you can compare that to the MD5 the uploader posted in the thread. If the MD5's match then that means you downloaded exactly what was posted. If the MD5's don't match exactly, then you have a corrupted download and need to download it again.