Removing T-Mobile Mobile hotspot

Search This thread

brusyev

Aug 27, 2010
Does anyone know how to remove the stock Tmobile Mobile hot spot app? My Note 3 is fully rooted. I looked through many threads and no luck...there is no apk for it under system/aps

deBricker

May 4, 2012
The Dreaming City, The Reef
Download Titanium Back Up from the Play Store and search for it under "batch freeze". Just make sure you have just the hotspot checked or it will literally freeze all the apps in your ROM..

Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk

brusyev

Aug 27, 2010
Download Titanium Back Up from the Play Store and search for it under "batch freeze". Just make sure you have just the hotspot checked or it will literally freeze all the apps in your ROM..

Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk

I grabbed the latest copy of TB and searched for hot spot. I am still unable to find it. Can you please give me more detailed steps on what to look for?

brusyev

Aug 27, 2010
Look for apps named tether or tethering in /system/app and in the /priv-app folder.....
Why do you need to delete this?

I looked through and only see tetherinkprovision.apk under system/app. This is not the right apk as mobile hotspot still remains. I am debloating my phone from all Tmobile crap...

zoso28

Feb 17, 2008
East Coast
I have the same problem & it looks like the hotspot "app" is really just a link to the tethering menu (like louforgiveno was saying) & thus cannot be frozen. The only real option is to hide it in your launcher. I see you haven't posted in a few days so if you've figured out something else let me know

Reactions: Haik0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same problem & it looks like the hotspot "app" is really just a link to the tethering menu (like louforgiveno was saying) & thus cannot be frozen. The only real option is to hide it in your launcher. I see you haven't posted in a few days so if you've figured out something else let me know