USB Ethernet Adapter - Which brand is Working

Search This thread

jguidera

Jan 10, 2012
I'm using a pluggable USB with the USB adapter that Asus sells to type this message. Plugged it in and up popped a notification indicating a wired Ethernet had been detected and provides an option to switch between dhcp and static addressing

Seems to work like a champ

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

nategodin

Feb 4, 2011
Bangor, ME
There are lots of USB ethernet adapters around, Just wanted to share my experience .

First i bought this , Which is not working with Prime . Prime is not even recognizing this one.

41Sl-sPpM%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/over-Cat5-Ext...3S/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1333554607&sr=8-11

That first one you bought isn't really an ethernet adapter... it's a pair of adapters that allow you to turn an ethernet cable into a USB extension cable by giving you a male USB plug on one end and a female USB port on the other.

I have a TrendNet TU2-ET100, a bit bulky but works fine with the Prime.

rndmnss

Feb 24, 2010
Sydney

yodatak

Aug 11, 2010
This one works for me but not in dhcp its crash my box works well in fixed IP
Digitus 11003469

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
Last edited:

nramprabhu

Mar 20, 2006
Dublin , CA
There are lots of USB ethernet adapters around, Just wanted to share my experience .

First i bought this , Which is not working with Prime . Prime is not even recognizing this one.

41Sl-sPpM%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/over-Cat5-Ext...3S/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1333554607&sr=8-11

That first one you bought isn't really an ethernet adapter... it's a pair of adapters that allow you to turn an ethernet cable into a USB extension cable by giving you a male USB plug on one end and a female USB port on the other.

I have a TrendNet TU2-ET100, a bit bulky but works fine with the Prime.

Yes, probably my mistake. Did not read properly before ordering. Thanks for pointing it out though... Useful for others.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

QuietBillG

Mar 11, 2011
Frankfort
Belkin

Ok, please tell me that this isn't an April Fools joke.

I just went to Radio Shack and bought the Belkin adapter, plugged it in to my TP, and got nothing. The lights flash on the adapter but the TP does not react to it at all.

Just to make sure that the adapter works, I plugged it in to my desktop computer and it worked fine.

Someone said something about turning on Ethernet in the settings but I don't see anything about that anywhere.

I'm on build 9.4.2.15 and it is rooted.

Assuming that this isn't a joke, could someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Please.
:(

Edit: Ok, I think I figured it out. I have to be on build .21. Now I have to figure out how to do that. I wish I had not run Asus's root tool!!

Last edited:

Pandages

Apr 3, 2012
I got the Plugable gigabit ethernet adapter on Amazon for $25 or so. It works immediately, out of the box, zero-config. ICS brings has integral ethernet support, and it shows up as soon as the adapter is connected. All lights come on, packets flow, 9k MTU (jumbo frames) support as well (I didn't actually set the eth0 MTU to 9018, so I don't know if it works or not, remains to be seen). Excellent :)

Last edited:

dedro

May 19, 2012
Lisboa
I bought one similar from the one in the 1st video on this post, from ebay.co.uk (sorry noob here, xda dosen't let me post links yet) but doesn't work with my ATP ICS 4.0.3 - Compilation Number: IML74K.WW_epad-9.4.2.21-20120323
The adapter is not form the same brand but the outer shell is the same. Oh, and I tried on my computer and it detected it, so it seems my prime doesn't like it. Or I'm I missing something?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts