[ROM][1/19] - Stock Rooted De-Odex'ed - I605VRALL4 - Latest L4 OTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RomsWell

Jul 10, 2011
Venice
Hey scott. Im rdy to go grab my 2 note 2's. But before i do are you gonna keep it for a few months yet? Or have you half moved to something else alrdy? ;)

Update..... Flashed this and all is well on both devices. No freeze no lag no issues.
Modem included. Thanks again Scott.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Last edited:

Aobiah

Nov 11, 2008
Hi,

I do not have an unlocked bootloader and would like to keep it that way. Any way I can flash this with ODIN? Can I flash the new modem with ODIN?

Thanks

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Hi,

I do not have an unlocked bootloader and would like to keep it that way. Any way I can flash this with ODIN? Can I flash the new modem with ODIN?

Thanks

No and just take the ota if you want the new modem, kind of a odd question. If you want to stay stock and be on the ota, then take the ota...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Aobiah

Nov 11, 2008
No and just take the ota if you want the new modem, kind of a odd question. If you want to stay stock and be on the ota, then take the ota...

Not that I want to take stock. I'm looking for rooted stock but with the new modem etc.

EDIT: Also, I tried taking OTA a while back but it wouldn't flash. Kept getting notifications everyday but it just wouldn't go.

Last edited:

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
hey Scott, just flashed this yesterday on my brand new Fricking!!! Note 2, finally got this beast.

Wanted to stay "stock" at first just to see what its like.

Anyways, flashed this right after getting phone and unlocking. The damn SDM app ended up on my phone. I'm guessing maybe since I didn't data wipe, it stayed over from the stock ROM? Caught it because it was keeping phone awake 24/7.

Guess even on brand new phones, you have to wipe....

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
hey Scott, just flashed this yesterday on my brand new Fricking!!! Note 2, finally got this beast.

Wanted to stay "stock" at first just to see what its like.

Anyways, flashed this right after getting phone and unlocking. The damn SDM app ended up on my phone. I'm guessing maybe since I didn't data wipe, it stayed over from the stock ROM? Caught it because it was keeping phone awake 24/7.

Guess even on brand new phones, you have to wipe....

This is stock. You went from stock to stock. Freeze the file and it won't bother you any more

1Cwulf

Jun 15, 2010
I flashed this and when I checked in about phone> status> device status it says modified. What can I do to change this? I know it won't really hurt having it just like to know how to change it

I searched and didn't find much about it other than something in s3 forum but that mentioned something about ota and sdcard causing it which didn't help. If I missed it somewhere I apologize in advance. I know in other roms it says normal.

I have no problems making xml edits or looking through smali files for changes (if need be), just need some direction on what to look at. I changed name in build prop to stock name and that didn't change status. If you like we can do this in PM.

TIA

joecool73

Sep 30, 2012
So If I have stock 4.1.1 sch-i605 vrall4 and just want root access, will this rom keep a locked boot loader? Thanks. All I want is root.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a stock rooted de-odex ROM built from the latest OTA pushed just today!

It seems that this build just fixes the Exynos exploit and updates the Radio and bootloader. Not a huge change from original released ROM. But newer is newer!

ROM
    • Build: JRO03C.I605VRALL4
    • Build Date: Fri Dec 28 21:26:30 KST 2012
    • Android Version 4.1.1
    • Deodexed
    • Rooted
    • Zip Aligned
    • ADB as root (remount capabilities)
    • init.d support
    • Verizon Installer Disabled
    • No other Mods
    • MD5: 7B7251E5217AB3CF4604299F000AF398

Modem
    • Modem can be downloaded HERE!
    • MD5: 084D1B4822284A7852163F101AFA94A1
    • Check the MD5 of the Modem before flashing it!

I605VRALL4.png

Download will be HERE!

Please hit Thanks! Its no harder than hitting Download :p
    Sharing Policy

• The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
    • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give a link back to this thread or my website, www.scottsroms.com
    • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
    • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
    • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
    • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!
    There are reports of worse battery life with this update. Will that also apply here?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

This is the update. However it comes it comes.

I just pulled it from phone, rooted it and made it flashable.

You have to take what you read with a grain of salt. Not every report from every person is accurate.

In other words; you be the judge.
    thanks for this Scott!
    I flashed the modem no problem (with TWRP).

I can already tell my signal strength is through the roof! My coffee tastes better! The air seems cleaner!

Life is Good.
    :)